Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Belated International Tatting Day!

As many of you know Tatting Day falls on April 1st also known as April Fools Day. I found this out after browsing online and I came across this post one day about International Tatting Day.

It told me that Tatting Day is celebrated by eating chocolate, tatting, and teaching others about tatting. I celebrated by eating chocolate (from the leftover Easter candy), browsing tatting patterns and blogs online, trying to figure out my camera and downloading to the computer to post pics on my blog, and I even taught some people about tatting, although I didn't actually tat. The funny thing was that I had about 3 people over that evening. We had been cracking April Fool's jokes all evening and so when I said, "Oh, Happy Tatting Day!" They in unison yelled out, "APRIL FOOLS!!" We all erupted into laughter and I had a heck of a time trying to convince them. None of them had ever even heard of tatting. I showed them the link (above) to holiday insights and they finally believed me. I showed them some tatting around my place and explained a little bit about it. So, I did do some teaching.

Well, I was going to honor this great and revered holiday by posting some pics of my tatting...what I did manage to do was read 42 pages of my 138 page instruction manual for my camera and take a few pics...unable to download them to my computer without the proper software which is floating around in a myriad of boxes somewhere in the garage. I promise I'm not just teasing you all with promises of tatting pics....they do exist...I really am a tatter, I promise! I just can't prove it right now. Perhaps I'll cave in and buy a scanner when possible. I really enjoy reading all your comments and blogs. Thank you.

14 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Melissa said...

LOL Again you have me rolling! I think we believe you are a tatter...but maybe we should say we'll believe it when we see it??? LOLLLLLL

Bonnie said...

LOL. I believe you and I am looking forward to seeing your tatting.

Unknown said...

ROFLOL ... Oh my, you guys crack me up! Thank you for your belief in me my faithful readers. I shall manifest my tatting when you have demonstrated sufficient patience and show that you are ready (i.e. I am able to get off of my medical leave, get back to work and buy and scanner cuz I can't deal with this FR@#$&-ing camera)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'd love to believe that you are a tatter, but no pics, no belief. Call me a doubting Thomas... just kidding!

I hope you get your camera under control soon. I'd love to see what you're up to! In some ways I'm a techno-moron, so I'm not sure a scanner is the answer... my scanned pictures are usually atrocious!

Msquared said...

I have a blogspot site blog.

http://i-really.blogspot.com/

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Camera tips... hmmm. When I want a really good picture, I call my daughter up and ask her to come over and take one. I'm not sure that would work for you... California's a little too far for taking a quick picture!

Ais said...

LOL!! I believe you TattingChic. You don't have to post pics to make us believe you. I believe you so much I consider you my tatting buddy.:D

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

LOL, yeah hurry up and get some pictures posted or we are all going to start a riot!

girlgonethreadwild said...

Hey tatting chic, you are sew right! You def. saw tatting on squares... several arrived with this amazing talent. I am enthralled by the beautiful squares... very imaginiative indeed.

And.. one guy joined in (on blogger as MSquared) who created her tatted bracelet. I tried to surprise him with a box of tatting supplies... I was the one surprised when I arrived at Michaels realizing I had no earthly idea what to purchase... so in a book I went until I figured it all out (well, that is when I found a supply list, lol).

xo, Monica :)

Unknown said...

Hey girl gone thread wild, That is quite an endeavor to go shopping for tatting supplies seeing as even those of us who know what we're looking for find it's not as easy as other crafts...lucky for us there's the internet. I thought that doll's bracelet had tatting on the wrist...if you look and see mssquared commented on this post and through his blog is how I got to your site and saw the doll...Well, I'm sure he appreciated the tatting supplies. What tatter wouldn't?

Arlene said...

Hey! Welcome to my world. I just stumbled on you after you posted on my blog...where have ya been!! Am looking for your pictures. I love to tat and really do try to do it every day because it really relaxes me. Shameles promotion stop over and check out my podcast and give me your ideas! Great to see a younger than me face out there!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by, Arlene, I just started this blog 8 days ago, although I've had the profile for several months. I've had a ton o'fun blogging so far. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I will post pictures as soon as I find my Camera software so I can download to my computer...too much going on in life right now...oy vay!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I would have liked to get that Dogwood Shuttle from Morning Glory Antiques, but it was from a private collection. Thanks for letting me know that you have purchased from them before. Always helps to have a happy customer. How is it coming with the camera and uploading your pictures? I'd love to see a picture of the shuttle you bought from Morning Glory Antiques as well as your tatting too! Have a nice day!

Unknown said...

Hi Carol, Thanks for the comment. Yes, I really had a good experience purchasing from Morning Glory Antiques. I plan on posting an entry about my shuttle collection, but first...the proof that I tat! LOL...or at least pics of the tatting if not me actually doing it. I did get the software installed (4 freaking tries arrrrrgh!!!) and now to see about uploading. Who knows maybe a new entry today with actual pics...stay tuned.