Wednesday, April 9, 2008

TattingChic Around the House, Part II

Here's another doily laying around the house in it's natural habitat. It spends it's days lazing underneath the weight of a flower arrangement on my dining room table. This one I made myself. Just for the record, I don't think that doilies are bad per se. I've even been known to make them now and then even as a teenager. Okay...but enough about that, cuz I want to show you guys the whole uncovered doily.


Domestic tatted doily (tattica domestica) in it's natural habitat

This one is from the book "The Tatter's Treasure Chest" Ed. by Mary Carolyn Waldrep. It's called Jasmine and it's found on pages 58-59. It's a pretty simple pattern done in size 10 so it worked up really fast.


Jasmine Tattica Domestica

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more on "TattingChic Around The House". Be sure to fill out the poll at the bottom of the page if you haven't already and, as always, I really enjoy all your comments. I have really enjoyed blogging...Thanks to you guys...and you know who you are...you tatters, you...(and non-tatters, too).

11 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! I'll have to look that doily up. Now I believe you're a tatter! : )

Melissa said...

AH HAA!!! So you admit doilies are COOL!!! LOL Love that one too so pretty you did great! I've not completed a whole doily myself yet but I've tatted enough that I could have if I'd just put my mind to it! I had started one but it got hijacked by a CQ block as a fan!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, "you guys"...LOL. Diane, if you have that book you'll see it's a luncheon set and it calls for size 30 thread. I did the one under the butterplate and did it in size 10 because I wanted a bigger doily...FAST! It's perfect for going under a vase or bowl because the pretty cloverleaf part is what sticks out.
Melissa, I secretly love doilies. Now, it's public info. It's so nice to be in good company with all of you doily lovers out there.

Melissa said...

LOL You are too funny! I really don't get how anyone can not love doilies! I think there must be something wrong with them eh? We should make them all feel REAL bad that they don't like them! LOL And say things like WHAT you don't like something elegant, tasteful, and beautiful??? LOL
LOL I just love playing with you it's too fun!
Oh and I just love your house! So beautiful!

Unknown said...

Yeah...that's a good one, we'll gang up on the doily-haters...make 'em feel real bad for hatin' doilies. That'll show 'em...ROFL You're hilarious!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Hmmmmm... your inner grandma has betrayed you! You doily lover...ha ha!

Arlene said...

Ah ha! I knew you were "full of it" Full of DOILIES!! If you ever want to be humbled by a doily try one of Iris's (niebach) they bring me to my knees!!

Unknown said...

ahhh HA HA HA HAHA!! You guys are FUNNY!!!Silly Sherry and Arlene...ha ha. I'm looking forward to seeing your Iris Neibach
doilies...so get crackin' er...tattin' ;)

Susanne said...

A lovely doily. Very well done in deed.

♥ KNITTING ART said...

Looks very difficult but-Excellent works :)

Unknown said...

Thank you very much, Susanne! Coming from a doily tatting expert it means a lot!

Hi Knitting Art! Welcome and thank you for your sweet comment!