Sunday, September 27, 2009

Getting Reacquainted

Sorry I've been gone so long!

I've been getting reacquainted...


...with an old friend.


This friend has some sparkly rhinestones!

I rhinestones!



I've also been tatting!

Here's a another sneak peek of my
current project for all of you to see. It's a "secret"
because I'm doing a swap with a bloggy pal from
Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! My patient swapping
buddy hasn't received her part of the swap, yet!


Okay, I was going to just let it be a sneak peek, but
I just had to show this "Mary Maynord Inspired"motif
I made up because it looks so serene in
the evening light.


What do you think?




XOXO

39 absolutely fabulous things were said:

TatForFun said...

Just drop by to say that I miss your blog ^_^ It's quite some time since your last blog. I hope you're OK

Fox said...

Ohhh, pretty!

Not only tatting, but sequined music! Wish I could hear the notes.... Fox : ))

Krystle said...

If I remember right, you being absent from the blog means you are feeling well! So hooray for you!

Love the blingy guitar....

Rock on Tattinguitarchic!

Angela said...

GORGEOUS!! What a blessed swapping partner you have. As for the guitar, wow that is pretty neat too.

Unknown said...

Hi There, TatFor Fun! Thank you so much for the sweet note. I am so glad you stopped by. I am doing OK! Just very busy with other things which is all good. Usually when I am not well I am glued to my laptop...thank heavens for blogland, aye?

Hi Fox! Yes, the guitar even has Rhinestones on the back, too! Oh, LOL! When it comes to the notes you are not missing out on anything. I'm afraid it's been over 30 years since I played a guitar, LOL!

Hi Krystle, your comment literally made me LOL! I loved the "Tattinguitarchic" comment! How cute is that. You are so clever! I am glad you like the blingy guitar. I recall seeing a picture of you with a red electric guitar...am I right? You probably play a whole heck of a lot better than I do!
Oh, and yes, you are right, the being absent means I am feeling well. Thank you!

Hi Angela! Thanks for the sweet comment! My gosh, wait 'til I show you what I got from her! I am really the lucky one! She made me the nicest thingy! I am mailing her package out tomorrow so I am waiting for her to see it before I show it all on the blog!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Does this mean you are secretly a rhinestone cowgirl (apologies to Glen Campbell)? Love the tatted motif!

Tracy said...

Hi, TattingChic! Great to see you back! Hope you are feeling better... And must say I LOVE your sparkly guitar! Will you be tatting a cover for it? ;o) ((HUGS))

IsDihara said...

What a sweet little motif, and rock on using whatever strings inspire you!

Glad to see you posting again.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

what could be more fantastic than rhinestones!

victoria xx

Wendy said...

Oooh that is really gorgeous!! Great work!

Crazy Mom! said...

Hey missy - I'm glad you're up and blogging again! I was afraid my flood had swept across the continent and sucked you under. Good to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Hi TC!!!
So happy to see you posting again. Altho I follow you on FB too, that is a whole other world, isn't it?

This is sooo beautiful, love it!!

Have a magnificent Monday!!

Hugs,
Lynn♥

Anonymous said...

I have always admired tatting. The delicate work is like a spider's web... Your work is lovely!!
Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Marilyn

sewmuchfun4 said...

Your motif looks LOVELY bathed in the rays of the setting sun... and aren't you full of surprises! I must say that is the PRETTIEST guitar I have yet to see! Are you taking requests? Because I'd like to hear Moon River.

Have fun!
Ann

Marilee Rockley said...

Hand in there with practicing your beautiful new guitar! It's never too late to learn music. I hope you have a music buddy or a group that you can play with.

Julia said...

I'm glad you're back. I've missed you. That is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Diane. :)
Ha ha ha (Yes, that was a sarcastic "ha ha ha") and "no" (that was sincere).

Hi Tracy, thank you! I am feeling better overall! (That's why you didn't see me for so long) No, I will not be tatting a cover for it...ha...ha...ha.
((Hugs)) back to you!

Hey there, Isdihara! Very cute...now THAT was a cute joke "rock on using whatever strings inspire you". I ♥ it! Yes, they BOTH inspire me. Tatting will always be my first love!

Right on, Victoria! What could be more fantastic!?!

Thank you, Wendy! Glad you like the motif.

Hi There, Crazy Mom Tats! Nope, no floods here, thank heavens for that! Hope your community is healing from the crazy stuff going on with roads and bridges there!

Hi Lynn ♥! I am so glad that you came by to say hello on my blog! Please keep it up! I love your visits and comments. Would you kindly not call me "TC", though? It seems that many people want to for some reason and it's just not my 'cup of "T", C?' so to speak...ha ha...get it "tea, see?? I ♥ your visits so please keep them coming!

Thank you, Marilyn. It's funny you say that about the spider's web. I am not a fan of spiders (Sorry, spiders) because they absolutely creep me out, but I do know that some lace guilds name their group after them ...like "Arachnids" and stuff like that. Trust me, I probably wouldn't join a group just for that name, LOL! Yup...sounds superficial? Oh, well!
Thank you, I'm pretty sure your comment was a compliment.

Hi Ann! Oh, I will put on Andy Williams' version of "Moon River" and we'll both be happy, okay? I just love Andy Williams! Mwwwwah!

Hi Yarnplayer! I will hang in there with the guitar, thanks. I don't have a group or anything and quite honestly, it's okay right now. I want to get reacquainted with my guitar on my own terms and at my own speed. Sometimes when your with a group of people they can be a little "pushy" (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) and I just want to go at my own pace right now.

Awww...thanks, Julia! It's nice to know I was missed. It's good to have you visiting my blog. I have missed all my bloggy friends for sure! :)

Anonymous said...

Your guitar is beautiful! So feminine. I love the double loops on your "MM Inspired" motif and the color of the evening sun you captured in your photograph.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Well, I think it is beautiful and I bet your swap partner will too!! I wondered where you were!! Glad to see you posting! I've been pretty slack myself! Too busy reading blogs!

Just_Jeannette said...

That picture of your Motif looks so pretty.. the lighting was simply perfect :) love the bling!

Carla said...

Weclome back.

I was missing your nice discussions.

Your new work is truly graceful.

Bye

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hi TattingChic, Hope you are feeling better. You've been missed. How long have you played guitar? That's a beautiful guitar. Maybe you could upload a video of your playing???

Have a great week.

Sally Kerson said...

I kept seeing you popping up on other people's blogs (including mine - thanks) so knew you were out there somewhere!!!
Nice to have you fully back though.
Guitar impressive, tatting also, even the surprise piece.

Heather said...

Hi Tatting Chic... you were gone!!! Not for as long as I have been, LOL - we all need a little time away, but welcome back just the same! Music - food for the soul - good for you for for getting back at it - and as usual, your tatting is lovely. Hugs.

Singtatter said...

Very nice guitar, remind me of the days I played the guitar in school, and all the fun times with my colleage friends, strumming away and singing xinyao, a type of local Chinese songs.

Lovely motifs, think all are small sweet lacy ones!

Teresa said...

I think it's GORGEOUS!

Enjoy your music- I also have that as one of my many distractions- isn't it wonderful for your spirit?

Cindy said...

Rhinestone(um. . .) Cow Tatter? Love your guitar - hope the music is bringing you joy! Love your motif color - has a relaxed glow about it.

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful Ms. Chic. Sounds like you had a productive little break!

Lori said...

i knew you were back:) i tried to visit yesterday, but my computer has not been behaving and i couldn't get some pages to load...one of them was yours...i hope you enjoyed your little break...jamming on your guitar!!!

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Love the guitar! My daughter just started guitar lessons this week.

I think we all fade a bit over the summer and pop back in to blogging in the Fall. Me too :) Welcome back! Pretty tatting btw.

~ Karen

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

I am loving the pale pink motif that you are making for Jessica.
What a lovely swap you are going to have, as I know that she will make something beautiful for you.

Nice guitar.

Hugs
Carolyn

Tattycat said...

Your guitar is beautiful! I can see why you have been spending time getting reacquainted. The motif is very pretty.

paperbird said...

I think it is gorgeous- she will love it- well I would!

Unknown said...

Thank you YarnJourney! I'm glad you like the motif and the photo of it in the evening light. I think photographer's sometimes call that "sweet light" when it's late afternoon, early evening and the sunlight turn to this warmish-honey color. It transcends everything into this warm glow. It's beautiful and I am so glad I was able to capture it in that photo with tatted lace. Thanks!

Hi Southern Lady's Vintage. Thank you! I know what you mean about the reading other blogs thing. It seems like that is all I have time for lately. I even have things to blog about, just no time, LOL!

Thanks Jeannette, glad you like the photos. I'm glad you stopped by!

Hello, Carla. I'm glad to know I was missed. Thank you for coming by and saying hello!

Hi Carol, I took lessons a long time ago, but didn't stick with them or the playing. I like you and my other internet friends too much to torture you with a video of me playing.

Hi Sally! Well, I'm not "out there" I'm Right HERE! LOL! ;) Glad you stopped by. I just haven't had time to post something on the blog. It's much less time to visit and comment than to post a whole blogpost...for me! You know how we tatter's like "eye-candy"...we gotta have the pictures on our blog or it's just not a "tatting blog", LOL! Glad you like the guitar and the motif, thanks!

Hi Heather! It was good to have a break from the blog. Yes, music IS good for the soul! I couldn't agree more. I hope you are having a good week!

Hi there, Singtatter. It sounds like you have some beautiful memories with your guitar! Thanks for sharing a bit of your musical culture with me.

Hi LadyDoc! Thanks for visiting. Yes, I think that music is good for the spirit, I just wish I could get the dang thing in tune, LOL! I guess I just need to keep at it. I will have more time for it this weekend.

Hi to A Happy Bluebird ...aaaaaaaaand..."no" to your first question, thanks. :)
Thanks, I'm glad you like the guitar and the motif.

Hi Thimbleanna! Thank you! Yes, I would say the break was productive, thanks for noticing. It is good to "see" you again (Mrs. Wilson...ha ha ha..you and your "Mr. Wilson-esque" photos on your blog - you give me a chuckle)

Hi Lori, I hope my blog is behaving better for you these days. Please let me know otherwise!

Hi Karen, that's so neat that your daughter is starting guitar lessons! I am hearing that from a lot of bloggers...or even tatters (who don't have a blog)on the internet -- that they're kids are starting guitar lessons. That is very cool. I appreciate your "blogging-break-valdiation" very much! ;)

Hi Carolyn! Jessica already HAS made something beautiful for me! I received it a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully she will get her package today or tomorrow and then I'll show them together! It's so nice to have you stop by for a visit!

Hi TattyCat! Thanks! I'm glad you like the guitar. It's comforting just having it in my living room, even when I'm not doing anything with it!

Hi Paperbird! You know what...you are right...I can totally see you loving something like that. Furthermore, I can see you making something spectacular with it, too! Let me know if you ever want to do a swap! I ♥ your work!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

As always, your work is beautiful!!! Glad you are back! Whenyou came to my blog and tried looking at those yummy earrings is because Etsy is doing work on their site! It should be up and running soon if you want to take a peek! Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Bella Sinclair said...

You PLAY???? How AWESOME!!! That's really great that you're getting back into music. And that is some cool guitar. Love it!!

Your tatting is impeccable, as always. My goodness, this is gorgeous. I love the layered, dimensional look. Stunning!

Barb said...

Hi Miss Tatting Chic,

Will you please post on youtube?
I'll put the video on my blog.

Love the sparkles on your guitar.

Hope all is going well.

hugs,
Barb

Rosemary said...

Just checking in to see what is going on.
Love the guitar,
Rosemary

Rose Anne B said...

Looks interesting!!!

BTW thank you for the applause on my "I'm Tatting" blog entry, much appreciated. ;>)))