Monday, October 18, 2010

Blue Diamond

Hello! Today I got a tatting shuttle in the mail all the way from the UK! It's a lovely one called "Blue Diamond". I love it when shuttle makers (or artists) name their shuttles! It's so fun that way you know! Would you like to see some pictures of the beauty that I got? Shall we commence with the photo shoot? You know I couldn't settle for just one photo! This little gem looks lovely on both sides, you know!

Here she is!

~*~

Blue Diamond!


She's from the etsy shop of
La Cossette!
She makes the loveliest Decoupaged
Aero Tatting shuttles!

~*~

Inside the package was this lovely little
envelope that she packaged the shuttle in!
Isn't it pretty?



Here are some more photos!

Here's the other side!




And just one more photo of the side
I like the best!


Isn't she lovely?


~*~

Okay, I have been seeing these fun blinged up shuttles
on everyone's tatting blogs and I'm feeling a little left out!
I had to go get a bling stash, you know!

So, here it is!



I'll let you know what I come up with!

~*~

Thank you for stopping by today to see my new tatting shuttle! I was so excited to get something in the mail besides the usual bill. Let me know what you think in the comments. It's always so nice to hear from my blog buddies!


XOXO

28 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Teresa said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

Now for the "$64,000 question"- how does it tat????

Unknown said...

It's an Aero, Lady Doc! I'm not worried about it! :D They are my favorite to tat with! :D

Typstatting said...

That is a lovely tatting shuttle, by the way where did you buy the Self Stick Gems? They are really lovely!

Unknown said...

I got the Self Stick Gems at JoAnn's Fabric store. I'm sure you could get them at any craft store. When I saw them I went a little crazy buying them up! LOL! ;)

Cindy said...

I love the La Cossette shuttles - AND all the blinging going on! Can't wait to see what you come up with with your collection of sticky gems :)

Unknown said...

Thank you, Happy Bluebird...seeing that I am a silly perfectionist I'll probably never get anything done, LOL! ;)

Typstatting said...

Thanks for letting me know about the gems but I haven't seen them here in Australia! I love my new tatting shuttles as well!

Unknown said...

Oh, I didn't realize you were in Australia. I wonder if you can google the "self stick gems" and order them that way...online.

Typstatting said...

I'll certainly try tha idea!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I looked at that one for a long time just because it's blue. Instead, I ordered the blackberry one... it looked luscious!

Unknown said...

Yes, Typs Tatting, do! I hope you find some! Thats the beauty of Google! LOL!

Diane, did you know that if you browse through her "sold" shuttles and send her a message with the link with a photo to the one you want she can replicate one she has done before most of the time. That's what she's told me. She's going to do a pink one similar to this one to coordinate with it that has already sold. She's SO COOL! I just love her! She does such great customer service and she's an awesome communicator!

Fox said...

Oh, Chiclet! You got a gooood one!
♥ Fox : )

rochambeau said...

Hello Tatting Chic,
Adore your new bligie shuttle!
Hope you are well!

xox
Constance

Unknown said...

Thanks, Fox! I thought it was a good one, too! :D I couldn't resist it! She makes so many fabulous ones!

Hi Constance! Long time no see! It's so wonderful to have a visit from you! Thanks for stopping by! I most certainly will enjoy my blingie shuttle! ;) I am on my way to your blog to say hello now! :D

God's Kid said...

That is absolutely lovely! :)

Marty said...

It's really beautiful. Does the tatting ever get caught on the gems?

Unknown said...

Hi Marty! The one rhinestone is down in the divet so it doesn't even stick up and the little blue diamonds are almost like a nail decal that is shiny...they aren't rhinestones. They are flat.

tattrldy said...

Lovely shuttle, TattingChic. You've picked up some pretty neat bling - I'll be watching to see what you come up with!

Thanks for sending people my way to check out my doily. I'm pretty excited to share it with everyone!

Unknown said...

Hi Tattrldy! Thanks for stopping by to see my shuttle and my bling! Oh, it's my pleasure to share your doily with everyone! I think it's so pretty and it's so cool that you shared the pattern!

Margarets designer cards said...

What a lovely tatting shuttle, I am surprized you got it from here in the uk, I will have to see if I can find them on the web. I am wondering what you are going to do with the gems. Margaret

Unknown said...

Hi Margaret! Thanks for stopping by! Well, I got it from at Etsy artist! Etsy is based here in the US, but the Etsy artist, LaCossette, is from the UK! I wonder why that is surprising to you? I've gotten quite a few shuttles from my UK tatting friends like Jane Eborall and her Sis and eBay finds and the such.

Oh, as far as the self stick gems JoAnns does have an online store. I think it's www.joanns.com or www.joann.com something like that and I'll bet you might be able to find them on there...maybe!

I plan on putting them on shuttles like all my other tatting friends ;)

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Tatting Chic,

WOW< your blue diamond shuttle is gorgeous. YOu certainly have many lovely and special shuttle. Sorry to hear about your computer. Hopefully you will be able to get another soon after this one no longer wants to keep on chatting with us all. VBG Thanks for visiting my blog. It was lovely to hear from you again. Big hugs Judy

Unknown said...

Thank you, Judy! It's nice to hear from you, too! I am lucky to have some nice shuttles! More lucky to have the internet to connect with such fabulous artists! That's the key I think. I truly thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I found all these wonder artists like the Hintons, Dave, Sherry and the like who make such fabulous shuttles and now we have Jane Eborall's brother-in-law 'im in the garage! LOL! Making those pop-a-bobbins! I've even snagged a couple of those! All because of the wonderful miracle of the internet and...well...THIS very computer, LOL! Well, this payday I'll snag a new one of those (computer that is).
Have a good one!

Bella Sinclair said...

OOoooh, so pretty pretty shiny shiny! I think I'd be too mesmerized by the sparkle to pay attention to the stitches. I'm easily distracted.

Have fun with the bling! I'm sure they'll end up on more than just shuttles.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

I love your new beautiful shuttle, what a pretty colour.
How neat that you got all those packets of bling and I look forward to seeing what you do.

Happy Thursday
Hugs
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Hi Bella! I am rather like a raccoon with the shiny objects! :D LOL! Silly me! I may not get anything done!

Hi Carolyn, So glad you stopped by! I have to go buy some clover shuttles (since I never tat with those) and study Decoromama's decoupage instructions and buy some acrylic paints first before I do my stuff! I also want to get some nail decals! I think they may come in handy, too! :D

Umintsuru said...

I love your new Blue Diamond shuttle. Yes, isn't La Cossette just wonderful. Happy blinging your shuttles with your new gems. Did you get my e-mail about the Clover shutttles?

Bonnie said...

Super pretty shuttle. I'm enjoying seeing all the blinged ones everyone is making. I've got to try my hand at this. Clover shuttles are my shuttle of choice so I'm going to see what I can do with them. Wish me luck, I'll let you know how it turns out.