Friday, May 29, 2009

Jane's Technique Page for the Double Core SSSR

Many of you in the online tatting community are well aware of Jane Eborall and her generous gifts to those of us who tat. Her gifts consist of timeless hours spent making technique pages, pattern pages, blog posts, and TIAS (Tat It And See) pages for all who tat to enjoy. She does this for free. She is kind to all who wish to learn anything about tatting...whether it's how to learn tatting in the beginning stages or how to proceed with a very advanced tatting technique. She is so well known by those of us who tat that you could almost call her a "famous" tatter. LOL! I laugh only because tatting itself is not that well-known, so to be a "famous" tatter is not saying much in the "fame scale". In the tatting world, however, Jane is a jewel in the tatting community's crown. Yet she carries this off without a sense of grandiosity.

Well, I am "going on", aren't I? So, "What's all this about?", you may be wondering. You see, Jane has created a technique page for the revised SSSR (Single Shuttle Split Ring) that I "demonstrated" in a previous post! Why am I making such a big deal about it??? It IS a big deal! Jane Eborall made a technique page based on something I (little ol' me) shared? WOW! I'm honored!

So, without further adieu:

Here's the page!

~*~




~*~


Thank you for stopping by! I hope that if you do tat that Jane's presentation might give a different perspective on a new technique! If you do not tat, be sure and stop by Jane's blog, "Tatting and Nothing Much Else" and give her a quick hello! Be sure to stop by her technique and pattern pages if you are interested in learning something new in tatting. Her pages are like a free online encyclopedia of tatting techniques!

I'd love to hear from you before you go!
Toodles!
~TattingChic
xoxo

11 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Reen said...

Hello TattingChic. I agree with u. Having to learn tatting thru the internet, I have actually printed mostly all the techniques from Jane's blog,and bind it into a book. A big Thank U to Jane.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

How wonderful that the art of Tatting techniques, can be shared and help so many people.
That is neat.

Have a great weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Needledreams said...

Congrats dear!

I love how Jane makes all the diagrams, so neat. Wish I could do diagrams like that!

Heart's Desire Jewelry said...

All of you tatting folks are really inspirational! I love that you are all not only carrying on a beautiful classic craft, but that you are all working on documenting the techniques for future generations to also carry on the craft. Well done!

Thanks for visiting my blog when you are not busy tatting :)

Poppypatchwork said...

I'm new to tatting and still have loads to learn thans for the link, it's going to be my bible

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I second that motion!! I just love Jane!!! She is so talented and so creative and giving. I can't say enough about her. Her patterns and diagrams are the best.

THank you TattingChic for you technique. Your tutorial on your blog makes it very clear.

Keep the creative juices flowing!!

Betty said...

I'll check it out; even though I don't tat, I enjoy seeing what others create!

Oh, my word verification is rumcini..is that like appletini, martini, etc.? Could be a good thing, eh?

Betzie said...

Blogging is such a wonderful gift to each other...and so nice you have found such a generous and talented friend that shares your passion. Keep tatting and havin' fun!!! xo

Fox said...

Yes, Jane is definitely THE Tatters's Tatter. I have gone to her site many, many times, to get clarification on a technique. If you need it, it is most likely there, simply stated and easy to follow. Kudos to J.E.!

Paula said...

Isn't is wonderful that you can find so many helpful things on the internet? I admire the art of you and your tatting friends!

Unknown said...

Hi Reen, yes, a big thank you to Jane. She's definately dedicated herself to a life of tatting and teaching about it. We are lucky to have her in blogland!

Hi Carolyn! Thank heavens for the internet for that ability to reach so many people and help people who tat connect worldwide for the first time in over a century!

Hi Wally, thanks. Yes, Jane does a great job with her diagrams. She says she uses some program called Serif that she downloaded off the internet for free. I've yet to check it out. I'd love to be able to make diagrams like that, too!

Hello, Hearts Desire Jewelry! Thank YOU for visiting my blog when you are not busy making jewelry! Yes, it is so important to document what we've learned for generations to come!

Very good, Marlene! Welcome to the tatting world! Sorry that this comment is so late in coming!

Hi Carol! Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I appreciate your visits. You always make me feel special with your sweet words.

Hi Betty! Oh, a Rumcini sounds very strong! LOL! I hope you do visit Jane's blog if you haven't already...and her website, too!

Thank you, Betzie! It is nice to have a friend like Jane online. I'm fortunate to have many friends who tat online!

Hi Fox! I think I've been visiting Jane's site since the mid-to-late 90's when my roommate had a laptop and let me get online once in awhile. I am so glad to have my own computer these days. I have learned a lot from her and Tatman!

I agree, Farm Chick Paula! The internet is a fabulous place to have at our disposal! I am so gald I can learn anything I want to in a mere matter of seconds! It's so cool!