Friday, August 7, 2009

Technical Difficulties

I am very sad to report some technical difficulties. Due to poor judgment on my part I accidentally sat on my laptop. This caused a unique problem. The desktop screen now shows up



¡uʍop ǝpısdn




No kidding. I will be computerless until the situation is resolved. I am writing this at another location which I will not have access to during the weekend. I will miss all of you very much. Please don't forget about me. Well, how can you? Who else sits on her laptop and makes the screen upside down?
If anyone knows the solution to this feel free to leave it in the comments, LOL! It even has the IT guy at work stumped, LOL!


Go ahead, laugh, it's funny.


....sort of....









XOXO

P.S. EVERYTHING is upside down on the computer so that means no e-mail, no facebook, no twitter, nothing!

WAHHHHH!!!

23 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Lori said...

i never heard of such a thing!!! i hope you can get this fixed soon:)

sewmuchfun4 said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry!! We DID have something similar happen a couple years ago with my husband's laptop. He got mad at it and thumped it and everything went sideways. We were able to fix it on our own, but of course I don't remember how. If I figure it out, I will comment again. He has a Dell with a Windows environment (pre Vista).
Ann

Ces Adorio said...

Hehehe! You know I have to laugh tattingChic. here I am thinking I am in ancient civilization with unreliable internet access but your technical difficulty tops the bill. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Mwah!

Dolores said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, not nice. Good luck with it.

sewmuchfun4 said...

Hi! Me again!
My son is on my husband's computer creating a program for his bobot, so I can't try this, but I googled "Windows computer display upside down" and got a few hits. They are for Windows XP. They recommend CTRL+ALT+UPARROW. Here is the link to one of them:

http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/q_and_a/2006/06/windows-display-upside-down

I hope to see you back in blogland VERY SOON!
Ann

Free Art Printables said...

Oh no! I hope you're back soon! What am I going to do with out you?

julia said...

I would laugh if it didn't sound like something that would happen to me. I hope it isn't too difficult or too costly to fix the problem.

EnlightenedByAngels said...

OH what a bummer! My husband (my personal Tech Support) has never heard of this either, but says that you could hook your laptop up to a monitor and see if it will work that way. . . just a thought. Call if you want details on how to do that.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Have you seen the commercial where the man is secretly checking his e-mail on vacation? HIs wife comes along and sits down on his laptop... funny commercial, but not so funny in real life!

Unknown said...

Hi Lori, I think I may have it fixed tonight!

Hi Sewmuchfun4! I am keeping my fingers crossed that what the IT guy has told me to do will work.

Hi Ces, I know, in this day and age the things that turn our lives topsy-turvy are ridiculous sometimes, aren't they?

Thanks, Dolores!

Hi Sewmuchfun4, that's EXACTLY what the IT guy said to do!!! I'm going to try it when I get home from work (on another break at work). Keep your fingers crossed!

Ha ha Jen! You'll be okay, honey! LOL!

Hi Julia, hopefully if what Sewmuchfun is saying it will be fixed for free tonight when I get home from work!

Hi Enlightened by Angels. I think I have a very simple solution and will be (right side)up and running by tonight!!! There is no extra monitor to hook it up to so that's a no go, but thank you!

Hi Diane! Now that I think I know what the answer to the problem is it is funny, LOL!

Sharon D. said...

I asked my son Mike and this is what he said to try. I have not found anything that he cannot fix yet. It you were here he would do it for you. Good Luck.
well first try right clicking on desktop and look for and for anything that says graphic and see what option or in there that has to do with rotate. if nothing there go to control panel and look for something that would say like gma or graphics and open it and see if there any option for rotating screen. hope this work. that the best way I can explain it.

Linda said...

Oh, this is awful...sounds like something I might do. I hope it's fixed quickly....hurry back...will miss you...hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

I am glad you were able to post on another computer. Good luck with the fix tonight. I will be interested in seeing if it works. I wonder if you just sat on the right combination of keys to turn the screen upside-down.

Judy said...

I've never heard of that happening. Good luck in getting it fixed and SOON. Have you thought of standing on your head? Well OK never mind. Have a nice weekend.

peggysue said...

IS this similar to 'the dog ate my homework?' I had to giggle, even though I know it isn't really funny.

Carolyn said...

Yikes!!! That's not funny.Hope you get it fixed soon.
Have a good weekend.

Carolyn

The Victorian Parlor said...

I must say that I love your sense of humor in your posts but this one takes the cake:). I hope you are able to get this fixed quickly!

Blessings,

Kim

Sarah said...

I had a good laugh over the tech support guys never having heard of this. I read about the whole ctrl + alt + any arrow key in Smart Computing, under an article about April Fool's jokes! Hope your screen gets back to normal!
Sarah

Snap said...

Not good, but I did laugh. Sounds like something I would do! Good luck and we'll be waiting!

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon D! Thank you so much to you and your son Mike! You both are so sweet! I have it taken care of now! YIPPEE!!!

Ha ha! I am back, Linda, thank you!

You are right, Yarnjourney! It was just the right combo of keys.

Hi Judy and no...if I tried standing on my head I would probably barf...ewwwww! LOL!

Hi Peggysue! It's hilarious now that it's fixed, LOL!

Thank you, Carolyn! It was scary! I am so glad it is fixed now!

Thank you, Kim! I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

Hi Sarah! Well, I'm pretty sure the IT guy doesn't deal with a lot of upside down desktops in the company he's been in. LOL! He's super good at what he does, just didn't know that one!

Hi Snap! And "SNAP" just like that it was fixed! WOo Hoo!!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

Sorry about your computer, that is awful and I hope that you can get it fixed soon.

We were doing a road trip once and stopped to go to the bathrooms.
My Son had put his computer under the seat so it was not visible.
There was a change of driver, my husband shifted the seat with the automatic button to put the seat back and ran right over Marcel's computer. It had big lines through it.

I hope that your weekend is going well and no fun without the computer.

Hugs
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Chic I like!
I have to admit to laughing ..............before I found out the problem was fixed. I had visions of you hanging upside down like a bat, so laughed again when you said you would barf!
But I am so glad you are back up the right way and in touch with us all.
Judy B

Unknown said...

Carolyn, it is so good to have you stop by to visit. I am sorry to hear about Marcel's laptop! It sounds like my problem was much easier to remedy than his...I'm not sure how much damage was done to his computer, but it doesn't sound good! ((Hugs))! Thanks again for stopping by!

Hi Judy! I LIKE! I have to admit...sometimes I say stuff like that to make people laugh!
...but seriously, folks, I really WOULD probably barf if I stood on my head...at my age, LOL!
Have a fabulous rest of your week, Judy! I'm glad you stopped back over!