Sunday, December 7, 2008

A LIP and a Promise

A Lip and a Promise...what is that? Have you ever heard the saying "A Lick and a Promise"? It's a like an apologetic way to say..."I've not much time right now, but I PROMISE there'll be more later!" Well, slowly but surely I've been working on my silk tatted snowflake. It's my current "Lace In Progress"; you know, my "LIP", LOL!

~*~

Here is my LIP!



As you can see
it has "sprouted" another "arm"
I've promised myself I will get
this snowflake done before Christmas, LOL!
~*~
Now for the "Promise" part.


had a giveaway!


On November 30th she

She said,
"Second prize of a WWC exclusive tote bag
& treasure box goes to Tatting Chic!" .


Here are some photos from her blog
(with her permission, of course)
of the 2nd of 3 prizes she had.

A "Where Women Create" tote bag...

...and a box of treasures!
I was delighted to come home

from having fun with a friend to

find a package from the mailman on my doorstep yesterday!

Inside were the items in the photos above.

She also surprised me with this card she created...


...and this delightfully whimsical

altered journal!

(edited 12/08/08 Sandra left a comment on this post
saying, "The altered Journal is a piece]
I did for Romantic Homes magazine a bit back.
Enjoy!Sandra Evertson". Isn't that totally cool?
It's not just ANY altered journal...
...it's a FAMOUS altered journal!!!)


~*~


I think I will use it either to write my poetry in
or jot down my tatting patterns inside!

~*~

What do you think I should use it for?

~*~

So, the "Promise"...
I didn't forget...
...I PROMISE to show you what is
inside this little
treasure box!

See!?!


Little treasures!
There's even a tiny compass to help me find
my way in my creating!

There's also a lucky penny and other lovely little treasures!

~

Thank you, Sandra!
I love the treasures that you sent!


If you have not had the pleasure
of visiting Sandra's blog yet;
you simply must visit!

She is an amazingly talented artist
with a flair for an "elegant whimsy".

~*~

Thank you for letting me share my "LIP"
and promise of little treasures with you!
Come back and visit anytime, but before
you leave, feel free to leave a comment below!
I treasure your comments, too!

Love,
TattingChic
:)

45 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh my GOODness, what a fabulous win! Sandra's photos and stories are so full of whimsy and magic, and I'm thrilled that she sent a little love and magic your way. WOW! Definitely use the book for your poems and stories, because the lovely lady on the cover looks like she feels a surge of creativity coming on.

Your have a beautiful LIP! Cannot wait until it becomes more full (sans collagen, of course).

Victoria Lynn said...

Congratulations! That was so sweet of Sandra. Everything she sent was fun! Enjoy! Have a fabulous Monday!
Hugs,
Victoria Lynn

Jessica Rodarte said...

OH! I love your journal. SO PRETTY! I'll try not to be jealous. ;) I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award on my blog. Would you check it out when you have a minute?? Hugs! :O)

Gina said...

You are so lucky! All the time!

Is that a pattern by Denise Munoz? You're almost done!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your LIP is beautiful! I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

What wonderful treasures! You are one lucky girl! How many prizes have you won this year? Is the lottery next? ; )

Bethany said...

BIG congrats to you for being the winner! Enjoy all of those wonderful goodies...oh so many pretty things to behold!! Thanks for sharing your lace LIP too! :)

Tat-a-Renda said...

Use the journal for your tatting patterns, for each bit of the design as you work them, showing every tries and mistries that you experienced in creating your tatting. Later when you flip through what you have written/sketched you may get ideas and variations for new designs. I have three of such journals and I am amazed with myself sometimes. Didn't occur to me that I could come up with the designs that I did.

Unknown said...

WOW what a wonderful prize package. Very inspiring. Can't wait to see the finished snowflake.

Elyse said...

how fun to get all of these little goodies. enjoy!

Sandra Evertson said...

You are so very Welcome! It is a pleasure to share fun things with a Creative Woman like yourself! The altered Journal is a piece I did for Romantic Homes magazine a bit back. Enjoy!
Sandra Evertson

CIELO said...

The House in the Roses is having a party!... Come to the “World of Treasures” and show your lovely treasures... Come see!

Cielo

cherished*vintage said...

How fun to win something from Sandra!! I'd use the altered journal for your poems or maybe a bit of both tatting and poetry... I'm loving your snowflake too.
-Karoline

JulenaJo said...

Your snowflake is lovely and so are your prizes. Do you have your pattern posted someplace? I might like to try that!

Werna Gail said...

I found you on "Time Enough" and put your blog on my favorites list as I see you have lots of blogs that tat...I am so impressed,to find so many that can tat. I would love to know how, I have books but I need one on one teaching. My grandmother wanted to teach me when
I was young but I could not sit still long enough and the barn with
the cats and horses was far more intereting to me at the time. I'm so sorry I did not learn back then.
Didn't mean to write a book here !

Miss Rhea said...

Well, Lucky you !! I love all the ways you were just Blessed :) The wish box is such a sweet thing. The journal is just lovely. I would make a year of Blessings to write down in there, all of the great things that will happen to you in 2009 :) The card is really sweet too :) Lovely. I left a post on someones blog the other day and the Verification word was Tatingly, lol !! I thought immediately of you :) Hope you are having a wonderful week and cant wait to see your finished snowflake :)

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What a fabulous giveaway win you lucky thing!

Victoria xx

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Wow....you lucky lady! I will definately check out Sandra's blog...I love her style!

rochambeau said...

Congrats on your wonderful prize from Sandra, Tattingchic!

Also, it's wonderful the little snowflake you are working on. Tatting is a labor of love!
xox
Constance

Celestina Marie said...

Oh my, your LIP is coming along nicely. I know you will get it finished.
Congrats on winning Sandra's giveaway. You are blessed to receive such great treasures and the hand created items too. I think jotting your patterns down in the journal is a wonderful idea.
Hope you are enjoying the season.
See you again soon,
hus, Celestina

NeereAnDear said...

Congratulations on your win.... Sandra is one of the nicest people ever... I follow her blog faithfully ... simply adore her whimsy and talent... she is the best

JO

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Wow! Congratulations on your win! It looks like you made quite a haul :) So many beautious little treasues!

Unknown said...

LOL! I'm overwhelmed with all the wonderful comments...overwhelmed in a very GOOD way! :)
Thank you so much everyone for your sweet comments and bloggy~LOVE! :)

(((HUGS))) to all of you, my wonderful bloggy friends! :)

Linda said...

Oh, I just love the lovely little snowflake you're creating and all the wonderful treasures you won. I think the journal would perfect for all things tatting...hugs, Linda

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh my! You certainly won a bag full of wonderful goodies!!! Congratulations!! Glad you like my spoons...I aim to please..heehee Laurie

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh...your snowflake is going to be fantastic!!! laurie

Just Between Us Girls said...

Well I love the treasures you received and the journal...well draw pictures of your beautiful tatting and also write in it. It would make it most interesting. I want that snowflake but of course y ou could never part with it. Just beautiful. Thank you for stopping by. I love it when you do.
Have a grand week.
Pat

Singtatter said...

The snowflake is turning out great, hope you will finish it soon! Wonderful wins!

Tracy said...

What a wonderful prize you won, TattingChic, so creative and fun!... Very magical the packaging and treasures. Sandra is very clever. So are you...love seeing the LIP in prog....Love the mossy green color too. Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Nice treasures! Thank You for comments!

Lace hearts said...

What lovely treasures, and that journel is so special. I think it would be perfect for poetry...or tatting pattern notes... or poetry... or perhaps a bit of both! ;-)

Free Art Printables said...

WHat an awesome win! Congrats! WHen I saw your name on her drawing I squealed!
I love that snowflake...I remember my grandma had a whole tree full of them and they were lovely!

Bumpkin Hill said...

I love your snowflake, it is going to be beautiful and worth all your effort. What a delight to find all those treasures in the post :) Beary Hugs, Catherine x

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! What fun and adorable things to win! I agree with others who said use the book for stories and pomes!

Fantastic Figments said...

Sandra is soooo amazing.. A great inspiration and you the lucky winner!

Her wrapping was so wonderful! I love to wrap in old paper we use to do it for all our christmas presents..

:)

Congrats on the Win!

Smooches
Steph

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh how wonderful! I just love Sandra's blog..there's always a feast for the eyes. She is one talented chick!

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Robin

Pat said...

Well, you are very lucky to receive the package from Sandra Evertson.....it is a joyful collection and I'm sure you feel great just looking at it. I feel great just looking at your "snowflake" in progress. How fantastic is that? Your work is just wonderful. So appreciate you visit to my blog today and as always...appreciate your comments. You brightened my day! Thanks and have a great day! Pat

Tatskool said...

Congratulations...again! what a super prize, where do you get all your luck from!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! What beautiful prizes. I am so happy you won!

Your snowflake is beautiful!

Hugs,
Amy

The Muse said...

Looks as if you have been a good girl to get all those goodies!

Tracy said...

How cute is your win!! Packages like that are not easy to come by!! ; ) Would love to get a fun package like that! Everything looks so cute!!

Rue said...

Good morning :)

What a sweet win! I love the box the treasures came in :)

rue

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Congratulations, everything is so beautiful and fun! I've always loved journals but I'm not good at writing in them, perhaps one day :)

Thimbleanna said...

Man, that snowflake is awesome! I'll never understand how tatters make such fine and intricate work!

Unknown said...

Thank again, everyone for stopping by to say a wonderful hello! I got a little overwhelmed this week so I fell behind in my responses. ((hugs)) to all! :)

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh how cool that you won! I love Sandra's blog too! xorachel