Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Tatting Library Is Now Complete!

Yes, my tatting library is complete now that I have acquired some tatting books that I have searched high and low for that are out of print! I was fortunate enough to find them on a used book seller's site. I was appalled at some of the prices some people were asking for these babies! Did you know that some people actually had the gall to ask $109.00 for one of these books below?

HELLO!!!

Anyway, I just want to warn you that there are some unreasonable prices out there and if you are shopping for these books please don't pay more than $45.00 for them. I found each of them for that amount or less, so if you see a seller asking for an unreasonable price just pass on by until you find something better. That is too much to ask!
So, now that I'm done with my soap box I'd like to commence with the show and tell!

I ordered these books back in February and the last of them finally arrived yesterday!


~*~
Here is a fun classic
called, "Tatting"
by Cathy Bryant


Okay, the next 3 books are ones I have
waited so long to find and I finally did!
I am SOOOOOO excited to show you!
They are all by the beloved tatting designer
Mary Konior!
This is "Tatting Patterns"

Next is "A Pattern Book of Tatting"


Last is "Tatting in Lace"
To my knowledge Mary Konior
wrote 4 books. The 3 pictured above
are now out of print and that is why they
are so hard to find which would explain why
I am sooooooo excited about acquiring them!
The 4th book she wrote I already own and it is called
It is my favorite tatting book!
If you click on the title it will take you to
Handy Hands which still has it for sale for
a very reasonable $19.95 USD.
The reason I mention this is that
some of these used book sellers are trying
to sell the same soft copy (used, and yes,
I said soft copy) for $60+ USD.
Handy Hands Tatting will sell it for a lot
less and it's brand new!
No, I do not get paid for mentioning
Handy Hands Tatting, I just know they
are a dependable tatting goods source.
Ironically, I cannot find my copy of
"Tatting With Visual Patterns" right now,
but I do have a photo of a bookmark that
I tatted a few years ago from my favorite pattern
from this book. The pattern is called
"Black Magic". I like it because
I find the pattern visually appealing.

Here's a photo of a bookmark I tatted
from that pattern.


Click on photo to enlarge



The motif on the end I added by improvising on
the pattern a little and adding a Josephine chain.
I use this bookmark in my scriptures.
It is tatted in DMC size 80 tatting thread.


Did I say that my tatting library is now complete!
LOL... and you believed me???
I think it will NEVER be complete!
There is always another tatting book I want,
but this is about as complete as it will get for a while
as I am so excited to finally have these books!
I have been looking for them for years!
~*~
Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate visits from my bloggy friends! I've had severe back pain over the last week and had no relief until yesterday when I got a new muscle relaxant. This is the first day that I've been able to sit for a period of time! Thank you Doctor and muscle relaxants! What a relief! I will finally be able to go back to work tomorrow! I am so excited! TV can get sooo boring! I've been in too much pain to even tat! Hence, the photos of projects from years ago that I've been sharing with you! For those of you following the TIAS I hope to finish that this next weekend so stay tuned!!!
As far as the blogoversary/100 post countdown goes this make blog post # 97!!! We're getting closer! Woo Hoooooo!
Toodles!
~TattingChic
xoxo

68 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

So very sorry to hear that you are having back problems ~ that can be so painful - glad that the new treatment is helping.

That is exciting that your Library is now complete and that you have got the books at a better price than some were charging.

Take care and I really hope that your back is pain free.
Hugs
Carolyn

H J Hess said...

Hey, Chicky-Chic
Happy to hear you are on the mend.
And with your new acquisitions, you should be turning out oodles of lovely tatting shortly!
Post photos soon!!!
Stay healthy,
Hegla
.

Valerie said...

Oh dear, backache is awful. Do take care not to strain it. Glad you're now feeling better.

Ahh, the books! I wish I'm in your shoes and have those books (envy, envy).

Melissa said...

I'm glad you mention the overpricing thing it's my pet peeve too!!! I HATE that!!! NO one should buy them that overpriced, never reward the idiots that think they can get away with that, no matter how much you want the book! LOL Yeah! I'm drooling over those books BTW! LOL

Mona said...

I am ssssssso happy for you i really am !

laura_rose said...

Hi Tatting Chick,

I have the Tatting in Lace book...it is great so enjoy! Thanks for visiting earlier...your comments always make me smile!! Do you have a pic of the Lace Letters? Hope you are feeling better soon :)

Cheers

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Whoo hoo! It's happy dance time.

Hillside Threads said...

I have the Mary Konior books they are great and I could tat every pattern in her books if I had the time LOL

Sorry to hear about your back problems. I suffer the same and use a T.E.N.S. machine and it cures me every time with no need for tablets or other medication. Oh my! I sound like an advert! Sorry, didn't mean to, they're not for everybody, but it is just that since I bought the little machine I can spend more time in my garden without worrying so much about my back.

Take care and watch your back

Jane

Gina said...

Good for you! Those books ARE hard to find. I got them one by one over time...a long time. And yes, there are some very over-priced books out there. Some are not even out of print. LOL!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Congratulations on your new acquisitions! The only one I don't have is Cathy Bryant's book. I love the others!

Natasha Burns said...

I hope your back gets better soon, how painful that can be!

Loving that you found those special books. Some people do get really cheeky don't they, ripping us off.

Each time I visit you I am always amazed at the intricacy of your work, it's amazing!

Lori said...

glad your back is feeling better!!!

those books look amazing...i just love the piece on the cover of "tatting in lace"...how pretty is that?

Unknown said...

Thou shalt not covet thy fellow tatters tatting books. ( baloney, I can and do ) What a nice addition to your tatting library. Glad to hear your back is getting better.

Ira said...

You are lucky! I love helpful books, so I understand you!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Wow, you were so lucky to find all those out of print books. The Black Magic bookmark is so pretty. I would like to make it sometime. I think my Mom has that book. I'll have to check.

I'm sorry to hear you have been having problems with your back. Glad that the pain is under control now. Take it easy though!! Have a great day!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Tatting Chic, I am soo happy you finally found the books you were looking for. The tatting on the front page looks wonderful. The book mark is beautiful done. Hope the treatment done on your back is helping. Please take care Hugs Judy

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, TattingChic! I'm so sorry to hear about your back! I'm sure it was excruciating. :( My husband seriously injured his back many years ago, and he had to spend weeks laid out in bed. And he was only in his 20s at that time. I'm glad the new meds are helping. Please take it easy. I would hate for you to re-injure it.

Well! When you're stuck inside and miserable, what better pick-me-up than a delivery of teasures? Fantastic finds! So how many books do you have now in your tatting library?

Artifax said...

Oh yeah for finding those books at last! Nothing like finding one of those elusive items you dream about daily and always have your eye out everywhere you go .... and you found three at once!! Definitely time for the happy dance!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Sorry to hear you've been suffering with back pain, hope you're feeling better

Victoria xx

Ais said...

Congratulations! You are lucky to find the out of print books tattingChic. I admire Mary Koniors work too. Ofcourse I have read about her only since last year but still. :)

I couldn't comment on the last post so here it is.. your crochet is beautiful. I guess that means you are good at both crochet and tatting.

Next... I have always wanted to ask you this! Are you a professional photographer?! I am absolutely in love with your pics. Sometimes it is hard for me to decide if your picture or your tatting is more pretty! Really... can you please share some tips on how to take good pics of tatting work. :)

Suzie said...

Boring ? TV? I think your watchign it wrong

Sharon D. said...

Love the books. Hope your back get better fast.

Linda said...

Great finds! Congratulations and what wonderful books to add to your collection.
Hope you are feeling better with each passing day..hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

I love this almost lost art.

Thank you so much for dropping by!

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn, thank you! I think I was able to get all 4 books for the sum total of what some used book sellers where trying to sell just 1 book for! Naughty book sellers!!!

Hi HJ! Well, I don't know about "oodles" of tatting, LOL! I still can't sit for too very long, but little by little I should be able to!

Hi Valerie, thank you for your well wishes.

Oh, Melissa it just burn me!!! Makes my blood boil! I just went back and checked and someone else has listed Mary Konior's "Tatting W/ Visual Patterns" (the one STILL in print) for some outrageous price like $256 USD!!! It's almost humorous!

Thank you, Mona! You're a sweetie!

Hi Laura-Rose,
Thanks for the comment and I am sure I will enjoy the book you mentioned. I do have a photo of the lace words, well, one lace word and I left the link to that blog post in a comment on your blog. It's from last November and it's entitled "Lace Day in LA".

LOL! Thank you, Lady ShuttleMaker!

Hi Jane B, I'm so glad to hear that you have found a solution to help you manage your back pain. I think that since most of the time my back pain isn't muscular (it's related to other things) that a TENS machine hasn't been brought up. Maybe I'll bring it up to my Doctor when I see him next and see what he says!

Hi Gina, I'm glad you have them too! They need to be in the homes of tatters who appreciate them. Yes, it is ridiculous that some of them are still in print and they are price gouging!

Hi Diane! How cool that you have all of Konior's books, too! I hope you enjoy them, too! I know I'm looking forward to using them.

Thanks for visiting, Natasha Burns! You are being kind calling them "cheeky" with the price gouging. I have a few other words I'd like to use to describe that behavior, but it wouldn't be "tatting blog appropriate", LOL!

Hi Lori, glad you stopped by! Thanks for the well wishes. Oh, you should see the tatting on the inside! Mary Konior's designs are all visually appealing! She explains them very clearly, too!

LOL, Clyde, you're a hoot! Thank you for the kind thoughts about my back.

Thank you, Ira!

Hi Carol! Oh, the "Black Magic" pattern is so pretty and it's easy once you've done it one time. For some reason the first time I did it I kept making mistakes, but after the first one I can make them again and again! For some reason I don't tire of that pattern.

Hi Judy! The medications seem to be working well for my back and I am excited to get back to work! Oh, if you think the lace on the covers are pretty you should see inside the book! These are the kind of pattern book where the cover isn't the best the book has to offer, but a small sampling of all the beautiful patterns inside!

Hi Bella Sinclair! I'm sorry to hear about your husband's back! Yes, it was excruciating and these have probably been the most painful days of my life (hmmm, maybe not, but close). I'm just glad to have it over with and be going back to work! I can't wait to have time to go through the books more thoroughly! When I started this blog I had 150+ books. I don't know now how many. Maybe close to 200, but who's counting? LOL!

Yes, Bejewelled! 3 at once and for more reasonable prices! Maybe the price gougers do set outrageous prices so that we'll pay $40 for a used book, LOL!

Thanks, Victoria. I appreciate the well wishes.

Thank you, Ais! I wonder why you couldn't comment on the last post. I wonder what was going on with blogger. Oh, the secret to my photos (you're so cute) is a great camera!!! I have a Canon Rebel that I treated myself after graduating with a degree that has helped me have a better quality of life!

LOL, Suzie! I needed a good chuckle, thanks!

Thank you, Sharon D!

Thanks Linda, I have been feeling better the last 2 days, hopefully, this will NEVER happen again!

Thank you to The Things We Carried. As you browse around the internet you may find that tatting is not a lost art. LOL, infact some tatters get rather indignant when they hear that phrase "Tatting is a lost art" so be careful not to utter it too loudly! You're in luck I am not one of those tempermental tatters so you're safe with me, but just be warned! LOL! ;)

Susanne said...

No, I didn't believe you because I think you are like the rest of the gang, always looking out for another tatting book, roflol. We never know what will be published in the future that we can not live without, lol.
Those Konior books are so awesome to have - no matter if you tat a lot of the designs or not. They are so good when you need some inspiration.
I am sorry to hear about you being sick. I really hope the new medication will help you. I wish you a speedy recovery, my tatting friend. Take care.

Linda said...

Hey there chic, I'm glad you are feeling better. Wow, no tatting, you did feel bad,huh...Get better quickly. I'm glad you were able to find her books. I have her her latest book and I like it alot. I also have Cathy Bryant's book, Tatting, and I like it alot too. I didn't plan on having a library of tatting books. I'm a quilter, knitter, crocheter, scrapbooker and now tatter. I CANNOT start anymore hobbies as I have no more room for anymore books. I love my books. I don't have to do anything out of them, I get so much enjoyment out of looking and drooling. Working the project is just an added bonus, hugs, Linda

Marilee Rockley said...

Those all look like fabulous books! The only one I have from that group is "Tatting With Visual Patterns". Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Nancy G said...

How wonderful for you to have your books! I do hope you get to feeling better soon...just know we are all thinking of you and pray for a quick recovery!

Heather said...

Oooh books... I think I've mentioned somewhere I love books... LOL! Your little tatting bookmark is just adorable, love it. Sorry to hear about your back... I hear you there... glad you are feeling better.

Free Art Printables said...

I hope you fell better soon. I'll keep an eye out for those books when I see them. I do occasionally come across them at yard sales. Jen

Mary Ellen said...

Back trouble? Oh no. I hope you continue to improve.

My goal is to relearn how to tat and someday make myself a snazzy bookmark. I love to read, and that would be the coolest thing ever!

Would you be able to recommend a good book for me to start with? I haven't tatted since I was a child, so I'm guessing I'll need to start from the beginning.

Margie said...

It's always exciting to get books that you have been wanting for a long time! I've run up against some of those outrageously high priced book sellers as well, and I just laugh. Just because a book is out of print ... well, I don't want it bad enough to pay over $100 for it, so I just keep searching and almost always find it for a lot less.

So sorry to hear about your back pain, but I'm glad that you are feeling better!

Oh and I love the book mark, that is really lovely!

Happy Tatting!

Unknown said...

Ohh back is the worse! Glad you are felling better!

Ok its true I am jealous of your tatting books! hehhe Glad you have them for your collection! . Your book mark is really cute!

Unknown said...

Oh I am so sorry about yout back! Back pain is so awful! I am glad you are feeling better!

YAY! on the books!! ISnt it wonderful to find things you want so bad? I know certain things just nag at me until I can find them, lol!!

Hugs,
Amy

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Hi Chicky,
I've made you a blog Queen.

You may accept the award or not.
There are no rules to follow.
You may pass it on as you please.
This is just to let you know that you make my day!

Kathy Raker said...

TattingChic, hope you are feeling better. Not fun having back problems. I have had problems a few times as well. Left foot toes are partially numb due to a pinched nerve a few years back.

How exciting to add books to your library. They look very interesting indeed and your bookmark is lovely.

The Victorian Parlor said...

The bookmark is lovely! I love books but find that the ones I want are generally insanely expensive (why is that always the case?). I am excited for you for expanding your library with favorite book finds:)

I hope your back is better:)

Unknown said...

Right on, Susanne! We avid tat-o-holics are always on the lookout for the next fabulous book new or old! I think You know which book and by what author I'm looking for next, LOL! ;)
Thank you for the well-wishes. The new muscle relaxant seems to be working well.

Hi Linda! Thank you for your well wishes! Oh, I so know what you mean about the books! I've got jillions on scrapbooking and poetry, too! It's out of control! LOL!

Thanks Yarnplayer! "Tatting With Visual Patterns" is still my favorite of all the books, too! LOL! It's so good to be back to work you have no idea!

Thank you, Nancy! Yes, it is wonderful to have those books. It is even more wonderful that sweet bloggy friends such as yourself would say a little prayer in behalf of my well-being! Thank you so much. That means a lot to me. :)

Hello Heather! Oh, yes I think you may have mentioned "Somewhere" that you like books, LOL! Thanks for the well wishes.

Wow! Lucky you, Jen! I have never seen tatting books at yard sales! Maybe at antique stores, but never yard sales so, yes, if you see some snatch those babies right up! Thanks for your sweet well wishes!

Hi Mary Ellen! That would be the coolest thing ever if you relearned how to tat and tatted yourself a bookmark. One book that I have heard good things about for learning to tat is called "Fancy Pants". It is available at handy hands tatting. Another one that I haven't heard much about, but does have a CD/DVD for learning how to tat is called "Learn To Tat". It's the only learn to tat book that comes w/ a DVD to actually watch, which is what you really need when learning. You can get that one at Handy hands or Amazon.

Hi Margie! Thanks, and you know, some of those prices really are laughable, aren't they? I hope no one rewards them with their ridiculous asking prices. I'm glad I found some reasonable sellers.

Hi Shirley, thanks for your well wishes. Sorry, didn't mean to make you jealous! Hope you treat yourself to some tatting books soon!

Hi Amy! Thanks for your sweet understanding. LOL! I can totally see that about you (things nagging at you 'til you find them) with your pink bunny love!

Awww...thanks for that sweet award, Lady ShuttleMaker! I love it! Did you make that one up!?! I may have to have some chocolate today in your behalf, LOL! :)

Hi, Kathy! Thanks for the well wishes. Gosh, I am sorry to hear about your pinched nerve! I sure hope that your doctor knows all about that numbness in your left foot's toes!!!
Yes, the books are awesome, thank you!

Hello to the Victorian Parlor. You must love the antique books with leather bindings, aye? My back seems to be feeling better day to day as long as I "listen" to it and treat it right it treats me better, LOL!

TAT19540 said...

Sorry about your back pain. Pain is SOOOO annoying. Your tatting is gorgeous as usual. I looked for Mary K's books and only found them for $95 or more-so I only have the one that is in print. Congrats on your find!

Lynn B said...

I absolutely love your blog, please visit me to collect your blog award!

Kate Tracton said...

ohh...back pain and muscle relaxers. Been there, done that! Whoohoo for modern medicines, I say!

congrats on finding your new (old) books. It's so exciting to expand One's library, I think. So many pages full of promise.

Enjoy...

Kate

Betty said...

Just back from Vegas and 'catching up'. Wonderful tatting books; I would probably love them just for the pictures. And your 'scripture marker' is just beautiful. I have a cross my grandmother tatted many (many, MANY) years ago; I keep it in my Bible and think of her everytime I see it.

Glad to hear you have some relief from your back pain...that must have been miserable. Take care.

kari and kijsa said...

What amazing books! Glad to hear you are on the mend!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Unknown said...

Hi TAT19540, Thanks for the comment. Yes, I know what you mean about finding those outrageous prices! That's why I've been looking for years! Good luck to you in your search.

Oh, Thank you so much, Lynne B! I appreciate that! It is such a nice award, too!

LOL! Yes, Kate! Thank heavens for modern medicine! I was just thinking how awful it must have been for people with bad back before these medications were invented or other therapies! How awful!!! Yes, I like the way you phrased that... "so many pages of promise". Well said!

Hi Betty, that is really sweet that you have a tatted cross bookmark that your grandmother made! How sweet that you keep it in your bible. Thanks for sharing that with me. :)

Thanks Kari and Kjisa! Hope you both have a fabulous weekend!

Solstitches said...

Isn't it a great feeling when a hard to find item is finally yours!
I'm new to tatting and somehow ended up on your blog :)
Love everything I see here and there are some great links for me to look into as well.

Margaret

Lace hearts said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your back. I suffered from this for the first time at the beginning of last year, and it was the first time I'd really realized what back pain was and how debilitating it can be.
I love the bookmark. Now, you'll need to tat about 100 or so for all those books on tatting, so you can mark your favourite place in each!

Unknown said...

I had to chuckle cause I don't think anyone who create has all of the right books and goodies to do...there's always another new one out thar just waiting for us to discover!

Hope you start feeling better soon!
Blessings..
Lorena

Donna said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Congrats on completing your library. Your work is beautiful as always. I clicked ontthe pic that leads to the pattern, not that I thought I could do it, LOL. I wanted to see what a pattern for something so intricate would look like and have to say it was all greek to me. As you know, I'm just learning the art of tatting and wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all the helpful links you have given in your side bar.

Shay said...

Love that bookmark. Thread, color, pattern combo are deee-vine. Konior's books are classics. You are so lucky to have gotten these.

I hope your back will start feeling better soon. I spent today getting my CPR re-certification and the instructor made us do everything three times; one for adults, one for children, one for infants. My back is talking to me tonight!

Barb said...

Whoo Hoo girl, I have missed visiting you. Hope the back is better. Back pain is not FUN!
It looks like you will be busy with your new reads. Just take it easy.

hugs,
Barb

Stephanie said...

I can sympathize about the back pain. Hope you get better soon. Great books! I see the Mary Konior books around from time to time, but as you said, the prices are outrageous and I refuse to let someone gouge me that kind of money. Hopefully, one day I'll find copies at reasonable prices. Until then, I'll just have a hole in my library -- which will never be complete! ;)

Anonymous said...

I didn't believe your library was complete for one minute! I am doing a careful happy dance (so I don't damage my back) because you have some lovely new books though!
Judy B

Unknown said...

Hi Margaret (Solstitches)! Welcome to my blog and I am so glad you stopped by to visit! I hope you come back to visit often and enjoy the tatting links provided!

Hello Lace Hearts! It's always a pleasure to have you stop by. Oh, I am sorry to hear that you have back pain, too! Mine started about 3-4 years ago and I was devastated when I found out that it was a chronic condition (there are worse things; I realize that!). Boy, am I much more understanding of people who suffer from back pain now.

Yes, Lorena, LOL! There always is a new "latest and greatest" lurking just around the corner, no matter what we've just added to our stash! I definately agree.

Hello, Everythingquilts! Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad to hear that you have been enjoying the links on the sidebar! Please come and visit often!

Thank you, Shay! I'm so glad you stopped and left a sweet comment about my bookmark. Yes, I do feel very fortunate to have found those book AND at a semi-reasonable price. I hope your back is feeling better! CPR cert always does me in, too, LOL!

Hi Barb! I took your advice and took it easy this weekend! I have so many blogs to catch up on, though, LOL! Thanks for your very sweet well wishes. It means a lot.

Thank you, Steph! I appreciate the empathy. Good for you for not rewarding those money grubbers by purchasing those books at the crazy prices. Don't they know what shape the economy is in right now? If they want the books to sell they need to be reasonable! I hope your back is doing better, too.

Good for you for not getting "sucked in" Judy B, LOL! I am positive you understand about a craft library never being complete with all quilting goodies. ;)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Tat Chic,
Your book collection looks wonderful. I love books and I am sure you are happy to complete your collection. The book mark is beauitful. I like the colors together.
So sorry to hear you have been having some back troubles. I hope you are better soon.

Take good care. Prayers for you dear friend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Guzzisue said...

thanks for your kind comments, I've noticed the same with bobbin lace books going for silly money on e-bay etc when they are still avaiable on line at publishers price and often free postage!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I'm so sorry about your back. Back pain is such a...pain!
Beautiful bookmark! Take care!

Judi said...

I'm happy for you that your library is complete so that you can now continue..*g*.
'
That was a nice flower you tatted. Isn't it exciting to have a nice collection to drool over and get ideas.
Thank you for sharing.
Judi

Joy said...

Hi TattingChic,

Sorry I'm so late on this reply - my blog visits are really sporadic lately, but I always try to make it here when I have a chance.

Great haul on the books! I have Tatting Patterns and Tatting with Visual Patterns in the stash from my dad.

Hopefully by now your back is feeling lots better and you're tatting away.

Joy

Tracy said...

Hi, TattingChic! How are you doing? Hope your back is feeling better :o) I'm sure some tatting has helped with the pain ;o) Wonderful book collection...You have a tatting lending-library there! Your bookmark is beautiful! Be taking good care...Happy Days ((HUGS))

Jeff Hamilton said...

Wow, you found some awesome books. I have to agree with you about the cost of the books. I can't believe how much people think the books are worth. MK's Tatting with Visual Patterns is often sold as being out of print. I also have MK's Tatting patterns books; I found it locally at a book sale. I'd tell you what I paid for it, but you probably would stop talking to me!

Unknown said...

Hello Celestina Marie! Thanks for your sweet comments about the tatting and books and well wishes for the back! Such a sweetie!

I know, Guzzisue! What is the deal with these crazy prices? Silly book dealers!

LOL, Becky! Yes, back pain IS a pain! Ugh! Thanks for stopping by!

Hi Judy! Thanks for the "insight" about my library's completion *g*
:) I'm glad you like the tatting!

Hi Joy! I'm sure you have your hands full! I'm glad you make it over to visit whenever you can and I hope you continue to come on over when possible! Thanks for the sweet comment.

Hi Tracy! Always a pleasure to have you stop on by! Ahem...did you say "lending" library???ROFLOL!!!! Oh, you are a FUNNY girl, aren't you!!! ;)

Hi Jeff, those book dealers are out of control, aren't they?! I wonder what drugs they are on!HELLO!!! Oh, I might still talk to you! What was the price...come on! I love bargain stories! :)

Jeff Hamilton said...

I don't like the sound of "might" but I'll risk telling you. I paid $4 Canadian (about $3.5 US) for the book. I'll wait for you to stop screaming .........

All done? I couldn't believe my luck, but I didn't know that the book was hard to find. I have Mary's Tatting with Visual Patterns book, and I would love to get the other two, but it may be a while before I get them.

Unknown said...

Hi Jeff! Okay, I hate to "burst you bubble" because I really am not mad at all! In fact, I am genuinely happy for you that you found such a great price for that book! I think that is totally awesome! I really do love good bargain stories! Very cool! Way to go!

Valerie said...

Hey TattingChic, do you think I can get some info on the good sites to try to locate the books you'd got? I'd been looking around but the prices are unbelievably exorbitant! Impossible! Would love to hear from you.

Thanks very much!

Unknown said...

Hi Valerie, there are a lot of great sites to get books out there, just google the title of the book and search until you find the price you are willing to pay! That's what I have been doing for years, my dear! The books I got were from different sellers on different sites so just keep looking! The same sites have sellers who are selling at outrageous prices, too! So, that's my "secret". :)

Lynn Majidimehr said...

I guess I'd better treasure my copy of "Kniting in Lace", since I've had it since it first came out. Thanks for visiting my blog, and Happy Blogoversary!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a treasure, Lynn! Yes, hang on to that baby because you will see it's pretty pricey on some of the used book sites!