Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top O' The Mornin' To Ya!

Hello everyone! For some of you St. Patrick's Day has already passed, for many of you the "top o'the mornin' " has already come and gone, but know the sentiment still applies! I wish you the best of blessings where ever you are.

In celebration of St. Patrick's Day I've got some green tatting for you today.

~*~
Here is a
design by Lynette Hodges and tatted by
ME! ;)
Hey this makes
Motif # 25 Four Leaf Clover

Not my best work! LOL! This is what happens when you mix muscle relaxants with tatting!


If you are a tatter and would like to know where I got the pattern
simply click on the photo to go to the pattern link.
I've provided a current list of
St. Paddy's Day Tatting Patterns
just for you!
Click on the pink colored title of the pattern:
at Ruth Perry's
(also known as Rozella Linden)
{Thanks for the head's up in the comments,
***
For a beautiful Shamrock Wreath go to
***
If you'd like to tat a frilly shamrock try the
(Priscilla refers to a vintage needlework publishing company);
***
Or if a simple shamrock is more your style
here's a simple pattern,
***
Here is an absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS
from the ever so talented Yarnplayer.
(Thank you for the email tip, Carol from Carol's Tatting Blog!)
She also has a Celtic Knot Shamrock for this year;
***
And last, but certainly not least
here is Singtatter's blog post on her
tatting pattern. If you click on her underlined
title of the pattern it will take you to her
free PDF version!
~*~
For those of you just looking for some adventure
that doesn't include tatting patterns
Tatskool from Tat's A Cool Challenge
lives in Ireland currently.
She has this lovely post for today!
She has a penchant for producing adorable
leprechauns and some very lucky tatter's around
the globe have received these little darlings!
(I am not one of them...ahem; clearing throat VERY loudly...!)
Oisin, the Leprechaun is having fun with
Isaac and Tattycat over at Laura's Tatting Muse.
You can read about Lady Shuttle Maker's
mischievous little guy here...
...or you can see the adventures of all
these little guys who even have their own blog:
~*~
So Happy St. Patrick's Day adventures to you all! Thank you for stopping by my blog I always enjoy your visits and comments! They are fun to read and I cherish them all!
I have received a very lovely award or two from some fellow tatters and I just want you to know (and you know who you are) that I have not forgotten about them and plan to post them later...it's just that it's getting on in the day and somehow I don't think my boss would understand if I showed up to work late because of "blogging", LOL! Know what I mean?
Toodles,
~TattingChic
:)

45 absolutely fabulous things were said:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

The TOP Of The Morning To YOU tatting chic. I can hardly believe I am the very first one to say HI on your blog today. This is a record for me. LOL Love your St.Paddy Tatting and thanks for sharing all those tatting blogs with us. Hugs Judy

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Happy St. Patty's day to you too!
The shamrock is beautiful!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I like your four leaf clover... it has a 3D look!

Margie said...

What a lovely little shamrock! I honestly never knew you could do so much with tatting! I only ever saw my great Aunt Josie doing a basic pattern for collars or pillowcases or towels, and I think they are beautiful, but I'm just amazed at how much more you can do!!! Some day if I ever get enough free time I'm going to learn this lovely craft ...

Have a wonderful St Patty's Day!
Margie :)

Elyse said...

happy st. patrick's day to you!

the shamrock is tat-o-rific!

xo

Susanne said...

I have seen the design online but not sure it was a pretty green one like yours.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to those who celebrate it.
No, unfortunately a boss would not understand why it would be important to stay home from work to do some blogging or even tatting - and still get paid. ROFLOL

Linda said...

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you T.C.. I only wish I tattted, I'd love to try my hand at making a sweet clover or Shamrock...your piece is just wonderful. I'm going to pop around and visit all the links you mentioned, I think I will be seeing lots of pretties....hugs, Linda

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, pretty, pretty shamrock!!!

Solstitches said...

The shamrock is so pretty!
Those are great links too although by the time I get a shamrock made (I'm an absolute beginner) the Easter bunny will be here!
Still, there's always next year right?

Betty said...

Cute little shamrock! Happy St. Pat's to you, as well!

Unknown said...

Hi Judy! Yes, you are the first to say hello! Thanks for stopping by!

Hi Rebecca Ramsey! Thanks! Hope you are having a lovely day.

Thank you, Diane!

Hi Margie! Yes, there are a lot of things that can be tatted these days! So many tatting patterns... so little time! LOL! It is pretty amazing! It would be really nice if you did learn to tat sometime. What a great idea!

LOL! Very clever, Elyse! I love your play on words. Cute!

Hi Susanne! No, a boss wouldn't understand that, LOL! Can you imagine getting paid for staying home and tatting? I mean getting paid enough to really take care care of ALL the bills and everything AND supply the tatting habit, oh, what a fabulous dream, LOL!

Oh, Hi Linda! Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I am so glad you stopped by and I appreciate all of your visits. Glad you like the Four Leaf Clover. :)
Love TattingChic (not TC...never TC, LOL!)

Thank you, Thimbleanna!

LOL, Solstitches! Yes, I know what you mean! Tatting goes sooooooo slllllloooooowwwwwllllly when you are starting out! I am pretty fast now and still some people are amazed at the length of time it takes. Keep tatting! It will get faster with time. :)

Quiltldy said...

Thank you for the pattern and the links. I was thinking it would be nice to tat shamrocks for my friends... will do it next year but will have to get green thread first!

Draffin Bears said...

And a Top of the Morning to you dear
Tatting Chic.

I love your Four leaf clover, the green is so lovely.
May it bring you a lot of luck.

Have a happy St Patrick's Day.

Hugs
Carolyn

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I love your clover! It is so pretty. Happy St. Patty's Day to you, too. :)

Lori said...

Happy St Patrick's Day!!! i love your tatted four leaf clover!!!

Tatskool said...

Hi Chic, Happy St Patrick's day to you from all the leps and me...great advertising.....will get you nowhere tho'!!
Fergal keeps nudging me tho'!!! and telling me it's **** to *** ****** **** **********s.

The Victorian Parlor said...

The four leaf clover is great! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sharon D. said...

Happy St. Patty's day. Love the shamrock.

tattrldy said...

Love the shamrock! And hope your day of wearin' of the green has been a good one!

Unknown said...

Hi Quiltldy! Yes, so many green thread choices, too! I want to get some of that new Lizbeth thread from Handy Hands in any color! LOL!

Thank you, Dear Carolyn! I always enjoy your sweet visits and kind comments.

Thank you, Stitchy McFloss! I'm glad you like the Four Leaf Clover!

Hi Lori! Thank you dear friend.

Fergal is telling you it's time to tat people more leprechauns? He's so right! If you are wondering how I knew what he was saying it's because he and I have that "psychic connection", LOL!

Thank you to The Victorian Parlor! Glad you like it!

Thanks, Sharon D! So glad you like the Four Leaf Clover!

Thank you, Tattrldy! I have gotten lots of compliments today on the green! :)

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I just sent you an e-mail with a couple links to shamrocks, LOL! I'm a little late. Thanks for posting all the shamrock pattern sites. There are a couple on there that I didn't know about. Like the one you tatted, I will have to go print off that pattern. Have a great day!!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Lots and lots of terrific links here! Happy St. Pattys to you too!

Jeff Hamilton said...

Awesome post, as always, Chiclet. Love the shamrock. I would like to mention that there are a number of shamrock patterns located at the Tatting Calender site (http://tat-calendar.blogspot.com/, search the site for shamrock; not sure if you're aware of this site, Ruth Perry started this blog, but it unfortunately ended before the year was finished.

Connie said...

How clover of you! We enjoyed.

tam said...

Hey girl Happy St. Patty's day! Tottaly diggin on your clover-sooo cool! Have a terrific week~Smiles~Tam!

Unknown said...

Hi Carol! Enjoy the Shamrock patterns and thank YOU for the link to Yarnplayer's pattern from last year! What a beautiful beaded shamrock that is! You are so thoughtful!

Hi, Lady ShuttleMaker! Glad you like the links! Have a super fabulous day!

Thank you so much, Jeff! Yes, I was aware of the Tatting Patterns Calendar, but had NO IDEA you could search it for stuff! I have included the link to the shamrock patterns in my blog post and a big thank you to you for the tip!

No, No, Connie...how CLOVER of YOU!!! Witty gal, you! ;)

Thank you, Tam! You are a doll! Love your visits! I'm off to your blog to say hello!

Marty said...

If that's what you get with muscle relaxants -- I gotta go find some! It's cute.

our shabby cottage said...

Well, I wouldn't know the difference between good tatting and bad tatting but that shamrock looks wonderful to me!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

I think all your work is your best work.I love the 4 leaf clover.Its really pretty. May Go bless you in all you do.XXOO Marie Antionette

Bella Sinclair said...

Hiya! I sure hope you had a fine St. Patrick's Day! Did you wear this beautiful clover so you wouldn't get pinched? And if you DID get pinched, I hope the muscle relaxants helped dull the sensation. Such a cutie-patootie shamrock! Hey, it looks kosher to me.

Tattycat said...

The clover is very nice. Wish I could find the ones I tatted last year! Thanks for adding links to my blog and the Leprechaun blog! Hope you had a great day.

Unknown said...

LOL! THanks Marty! You are very kind. I guess we tend to be hyper critical of our own work, don't we?

Thank you, Our SHabby Cottage, that is very sweet.

Awww...so sweet, Marie Antoinette! I appreciate your sweet blessing, too! :)

Hi Bella Sinclair, Yes, I did wear the shamrock, and no, I didn't get pinched! Nor did I take the muscle relaxants while I was at work, LOL! That wouldn't have mixed very well, either, LOL! ;)

Thanks, Jen R!

Thank you, Tattycat! I'm glad you stopped by! Always nice to have you come by for a visit. I hope you find the shamrocks you tatted last year, too!

KeKe said...

Thanks for stopping by~
I see you "tat". I never was able to learn that. I never had enough patience. :)
I do like to sew though, and I'm currently working on a Victorian Inspired Riding Dress/Jacket~
If interested take a peek sometime...

connie said...

Hey Chic
Happy St Patty's to you too.
I thought I'd let you know that both Lacis and HandyHands have the Japanese tatting book I wanted so much in stock now.
Connie

AngelDoll said...

Beautiful tatting TC!
Now I know what I have to do with my green thread...LEARN to tat, but I just bought some tatting on Etsy as mine will never be done! I just have too many WIP's.
Thank you very much for being such a faithful visitor to my blog. I appreciate your comments. Yes, I am making the Bunny Hill Block of the Month wall hanging...I just love those 'free' patterns. Guess I should be tatting....perhaps in my 'next' life...lol

Maggie Ann said...

Your shamrock is a little beauty! I haven't tatted for quite a while now but know just where my shuttles are. I had been doing a delicate piece of lace edging..in lavender and green. But each time after I got a few inches tatted...the thread would break. Oh bother! I finally laid it aside. It was so pretty too. ~~Thanks for coming by to visit me at knitting kat. =)

Mona said...

you might think it is not your best work ,but i think it is!

Hope you are feeling better with your back and can continue living life to the fullest!

xxx Mona

Terrielee said...

Happy St. Patty's Day to You, Tatting Chic - though I'm a bit late! Love your 4 Leaf Clover! How do you find the time to blog, tat and work too?! Your links are so interesting as well! You're amazing!
Terrielee

Unknown said...

Hi Sophia Rose! Welcome to my blog! I hope you stop by again sometime. Oh, yes, I did go and check out your blog! You are a very talented gal!

Connie!!! That is so AWESOME! Good for you for asking around for that! now, not only can YOU order that book, but so can anyone who is able to order from Handy Hands and Lacis! Very cool!

Hi Angel Doll! Yes, I agree that using the green thread to learn to tat is a FABULOUS idea! Love it!!! I love visiting you blog!
Love TattingChic (NOT TC ...EWWwwwww!!! LOL!)

Hi Maggie Ann! I would love to see the delicate lavendar and green piece of tatting that you are working on! It sounds lovely! That is so frustrating when the thread breaks! Ugh, and when it KEEPS happening, sure that's enough to make you want to take a break from tatting for a while, LOL! I hope you do get back to it and finish your piece! I'd love to see it! Thanks for your sweet comment about my tatted shamrock.

Hi Mona! you are a sweetie, thank you so much for your nice comment! I am slowly, but surely getting back to my old self...ever soooooo slowly, ugh! I'll get there! :)

Thank you, Terrie Lee! I appreciate your sweet comment! Who cares how "late" it is! I'm just glad you came by to visit and say hello!

Susan Elliott said...

I was hoping that you would post a tatted four leaf clover. I've saved it for future reference! May all the good luck of the leprechauns be with you, Susan

Heather said...

Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day... hmmm, what can I say, I'm Scottish, LOL! I am so loving tatting the more little gems like this I see... this is so cute... I just love it. Thanks for visiting my blog... maybe one day I will get as many lovely visitors as you get, WOW, and I always seem to be the last to post... am I on a different time zone or something?! VBG!

Paula said...

Oh that's beautiful!
Once again, you've wowed me...

Nita's Goodies said...

Thanks Chic,
I never would have found it without your help.
Your Blog is so fabulous , and interesting. I feel like mine is a real "DUD"
I am not a big talker anyway, guess that is why.
Nita

Unknown said...

Thank you for your very sweet comment, Susan! I look forward to seeing what you do with these patterns next year!

Hi Heather! Thanks a bunch for visiting! I appreciate your supportive comment.

Thanks, Farm Chick Paula! You're a sweetie!

Hi Nita! Oh, please don't call your tatting blog a "dud"! I love and admire your tatting greatly! That is the real reason people come to visit a tatting blog anyway, isn't it!?

Unknown said...

Thank you for your very sweet comment, Susan! I look forward to seeing what you do with these patterns next year!

Hi Heather! Thanks a bunch for visiting! I appreciate your supportive comment.

Thanks, Farm Chick Paula! You're a sweetie!

Hi Nita! Oh, please don't call your tatting blog a "dud"! I love and admire your tatting greatly! That is the real reason people come to visit a tatting blog anyway, isn't it!?