Monday, April 20, 2009

"Tea, Marie?"

I finished tatting the Antique Rose teapot pattern from Martha Ess' "Tea is for Tatting" I was working on in my last post. I thought I'd share it with you here in blog-land.

~*~
Tah~Dah!
It's done in size 20 DMC brand
cebelia thread; color #818.
***

I realized in my last post I shared my
Marie Antoinette charm from Cupids Charm, as well,
but I did not show you the back of it. It is lovely, too!
It has a vintage script in French on the back.
Have a look~see!


I thought Marie might be thirsty.
So I offered her some tea!

She liked it very much, thank you!
Only lacy teapots will do for Marie Antoinette! ;)

~*~
Thanks for stopping by for tea with Marie and me! I enjoyed making this lovely tatted teapot. There were split chains, Split Rings, and SCMR's (Self Closing Mock Rings) included in this pattern. If you would like to know more of what those terms mean you are welcome to look for links about them under my "tatting techniques" link list on my sidebar on the right.
I played around with my free Adobe photo shop and did the bottom photo in the "colored pencil" artistic filter.
Be sure to say a little hello in the comments section before you go! I'd LOVE to hear from you!
Happy Monday to all!
Tah-tah,
~TattingChic
xoxo
This teapot counts as Motif #1 in my second round of the 25 Motif Challenge.

66 absolutely fabulous things were said:

artbeckons said...

Wow... this is gorgeous! I love it =)

Unknown said...

What a perfect teapot for a pot of tea. Marie should be impressed.

Jeanne Oliver said...

WOW...the teapot is stunning. I can't imagine being able to make that. So lovely!!!

Catherine Holman said...

What a beautiful teapot! Thanks for stopping by and signing up for the giveaway. Good luck!
Catherine

Dolores said...

A great looking teapot. What were the dimensions? I know you have the Marie Antoinette charm beside it but maybe a hand or a cup and saucer (real size, not doll size) beside it would have given it some scale for us non-tatters. You really do lovely work. Another question: What do you do with all your little tattings?

{oc cottage} said...

No WAY! The is just the absolute ultimate!


m ^..^

Unknown said...

Thank you, so much, Beckie!

Thanks, Clyde! I think Marie "liked" the teapot, LOL!

Thank you, Jeanneoli! Welcome and I hope you come back to visit again!

Hello, Catherine! Thank you for the nice comment and for having the giveaway!

Hi Delores and thank you! To give you an idea...the main part of the teapot motif fits in the palm of a hand. It's 3 & 3/4 inches from the top of the lid to the bottom. Ironically, I don't have a teacup to show it with...I don't really drink much tea!
What do I do with my tatted motifs? I either use them in scrapbooking/card-making or give them to friends (one uses them on Crazy Quilt squares) or they sit in a box! LOL! Most of the time I make bookmarks so they are both useful and pretty all at the same time.

Thanks, M ^..^! You just made my day! :)

One Craft at a Time said...

I can't wait until I get my Teapot book!! That turned out gorgeous! I practiced my split chains yesterday so I think I'm ready. I printed out the diagrams because I still can't do them without a visual diagram.

The Painted Nest said...

I love this~~~~But I don't know how to tat. I would love to learn but I'm a hands on person and need someone to show me. Any suggestions? Also is this little teapot for sale? I would love to own it. I love your work it is so beautiful. Do you have a pattern for a Bird? I visit you everyday to see what you're up to. Everything you do is stunning! Blessings, Deborah

Gina said...

It turned out beautifully!

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Luv it! Just love your teapot!!! Perfect in pink :)

~ Karen

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh my goodness! This teapot is SOOOOO beautiful!!!! You are SO right...I guess it is time for me to give this tatting a shot...I've got the book you sent me, and the shuttle and the thread...I just need you sitting next to me...ya..thats it, you need to SIT right next to me! Hope you have a wonderful day! Laurie

Unknown said...

Hi One Craft At A Time! That book is definately worth it! It's lovely and I look forward to seeing what you make out of it!

Hi Deborah! Thank you so much! You absolutely made my day! I hope you got my email with the link on where to buy the book "Learn to Tat" by Janette Baker available at Handy Hands Tatting online. I look forward to your response!

Thanks, Gina! You inspired me to go and check out my Adobe photoshop! ((Hugs))!!

Thank you, Karen! I appreciate that sweet comment!

Hi Laurie! Oh, you are the sweetest! I wish I could go sit next to you and teach you! That is the best way to learn! I hope you can go to handy hands tatting and get that book with the DVD! That might be better than the one I sent you, LOL! :)

Stephanie said...

Very pretty. I like the pale pink you used. We were thinking the same thoughts yesterday, I see. I had the urge to tat the same teapot! Come and see it.

Betty said...

I didn't know you could tat teapots..it's just adorable!

Unknown said...

How pretty! WOW, everything you do is so beautiful.

Tattycat said...

Oh, how lovely. I think you did a great job. Will there ever be enough tatting time? NO!

Rue said...

The teapot turned out really cute!! I love that necklace Joy sent you too :)

xo,
rue

Donna said...

Oh, I love your teapot, and the necklace in the previous post! And that is a great Marie Antoinette charm!!!... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What a lovely teapot

Victoria xx

Lori said...

what a cute post...the teapot is gorgeous, i love the color of the thread that you used...that really is a lovely charm!!!

Fox said...

Amazing! I cannot believe you finished that pretty, pink pourer with such a punctuality! You are QUICK! And s super fast blogger to boot! Sigh.... Thanks for the continual inspiration!

XXOO Fox : ))

Barbara said...

The teapot is so cute! I don't know how to tat but I am going to try to crochet a hot pad in that shape! (Notice I said "try"..LOL)

Linda said...

So pretty! I love the color it's just a very sweet piece...hugs, Linda

mica said...

These teapot patterns are so cute! I really like the pink color too, it matches your charm:)

kari and kijsa said...

This is beautiful!! Love the wonderful teapot!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Like I told Steph....I NEED this book....but I need an address first LOL!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Hi TattingChic!

It's difficult keeping up with all your clever and artistic posts! The teapot is beautifully tatted, in a great color, and so cleverly shared with 'Marie'. I'm amazed how quickly you tatted it!

Sure hope you're feeling better!

The Victorian Parlor said...

That is lovely!!! I love tea and I love tatting-what a perfect combination!!!

Donna said...

Just too lovely for words. Kind of like the two hearts that arrived my mail today for the stitching for a cure project. Just absolutely lovely!

Ann said...

So beautiful!
I also want to let you know that I started my contest today; I hope you will come by and enter.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

Your tatted teapot is just so pretty ~ love the pink.
Also your Marie Antoinette charm is lovely, front and back.

enjoy your week
Hugs
Carolyn

Sharon D. said...

Love the teapot.

Judy said...

Beautiful. I love love the teapot.

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, you are hysterical! You could have given Marie a shower with that teapot! It is incredibly beautiful1!!!! What is it about teacups and teapots that I love so? So many other people love them, too. Is it the sisterhood and intimacy that it symbolizes? The calm? Whatever it is, this is a stunning teapot in the most delicate, feminine color. Perfect for a queen.

Did you hear there was a nationwide TEA party on April 15? It's a grassroots republican thing that stands for Taxed Enough Already. HA!

Unknown said...

Hi Steph! I did go see your teapot! You have a whole tea party going on there!

Yes, Betty! We can tat teapots now that Martha has given us the patterns! LOL! ;)

Thank you, Tonya's Sewing Room! You're so sweet!

LOL, Tattycat! I couldn't agree more!

Thank you, Rue! (That rhymes, hee hee)

Thank you, Donna! Glad you came by to visit!

Thanks, Victoria!

Thank you, Lori! Coming from someone who makes a lot of cute posts, herself, I really appreciate that!

Awww...thank you, Fox! It's amazing that with as much as my speed has increased over the years I still don't tat as fast as I would like, LOL!

Oh, Barb! That sounds absolutely fabulous! Be sure and let me know when you get that crocheted! I wanna come and see!

Thank you, Linda! I'm glad you like it!

Thanks, Mica! Welcome! I hope you come back to visit often!

Thank you, Kari & Kjisa! So glad you stopped by!

Oh, the books is FABulous, Lady Shuttlemaker! Get that address and get tea-partying!

Hi Kathy! You're comments are always so sweet! You know, once I "got" the split chains down it was fast! It's amazing how much faster things go when you are not worrying about new rounds with cuts & ties!

LOL! Very cute, Victorian Parlor! They do seem to go together...both are so dainty in their own way...dainty tea? I guess I'm thinking about dainty tea parties and tea-cups, you know!

Hi Donna! Thanks! I'm glad to hear that you had some hearts show up for your project!

Thank you, Ann! I sure did go enter your fabulous giveaway and I HOPE I WIN!!!

Hi Carolyn! Thank you so much! I always adore your comments! So sweet!

Thanks, Sharon D!

Thank you, Judy!

Yes, I know what you mean, Bella Sinclair! I wanted to figure out how to photo shop a little miniature teapot onto Marie Antoinette's hand, but I could not. So, yes, it does look like I'm giving her a shower...drowning her! Ugh! LOL!
I'm hilarious??? YOU ARE the hilarious one! Your comments always make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Your work is lovely on the tatted teapot. Love the Marie Antoinette charm too. They go nicely together. Have fun playing with photshop.

Mona said...

Dingo must have been reading this post with me ,He says He loves you!
Funny cat he is..

xxx Mona

Singtatter said...

Lovely teapot, and look like everyone in tatting land is making tea...pot!

Sandra said...

Beautiful teapot!!
The colour is harmony. I love that colour very much.

Linda said...

Ok now that is just tooo cute!
Cheers Linda

Unknown said...

Hi Yarnjourney! Thank you, I thought they made for a great pair, too!

Awww...Mona, that Dingo is also a sweet kitty, too!

Hi Singtatter, yes, this book seem to be all the rage right now in tatting-bloggerland!

Thank you, Sandra. Nice word, "harmony"! I like that, and yes, it does look like harmony in a color; I agree!

Thank you, Linda! You're sweet!

Mary Ellen said...

Speechless, I am....

Just when I think you can't possibly outdo yourself!

Jessica Rodarte said...

That is darling! I love the pale pink color, too! Perfect for Marie. I love your charm, too. Darling post, altogether! :D

Betzie said...

This is really sweet...plus pink too! I bet if you starched it and made it stiff, you could use it as a Christmas tree ornament! One year I hung my grandmom's teaspoons she'd collected on our foyer tree...this would have been perfect of that tree as I used all pink ribbons on each spoon as well.

LiLi M. said...

This is unbelievable! Too cute!

rochambeau said...

Adore your Pink Pot and your Charm from Joy! A beautiful combo Tatting Chic!
Hope all is well!
xox
Constance

Susan Elliott said...

Now I MUST learn to tat...just so I could make this!

Anne Fannie said...

That is beautiful. I wish I knew how to do that!
~Ann

shabbyfufu said...

WOW....truly AMAZING work and in the BEST shade of PINK! ~xo~Janet

Tutti Chic said...

GORGEOUS! :) Chris

paperbird said...

Pink my favorite color. It is a lovely tea pot.

Unknown said...

Hi Mary Ellen! Thanks, you are sweet!

Thank you, Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! Glad you like 'em! I thought they went well together, too!

Hi Betzie, you are right! It would make for a cute Christmas ornament! That is a great idea!

Thank you, Lili!

Thanks, Constance! I'm glad you like the combo.

I hope you do learn to tat, Plays With Needles! You could make some lovely motifs to embellish your already beautiful stitching!

Thank you, Ann. Let me know if you are ever interested in learning to tat...maybe I could help point you in the right direction.

Thank you, Janet! I love that color of pink, too!

Thank you, Chris!

Thanks, Paperbird! Pink is one of my favorite colors, too!

Paula said...

Oh my goodness- the teapot is so wonderful!! You are so awesome...*sigh*....

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Oh my goodness! that is the most beautiful, precious thing I've seen tatted! Wow! It's so beautiful and the pink is perfect! Forget Marie, Kathi needs one of those :)

Heather said...

Ooooh! I just love tea, teapots and your precious creation here... and it's pink too, WOW! Hugs.

Vintage Sandy said...

This is the most beautiful teapot what an artist you are do you make them to sell? I would surely buy one from you!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Paula! You're so sweet!

LOL, Kathi! You are cute. Thanks.

Thank you, Heather! Glad you like it!

Thank you, Vintage Sandy! I appreciate your sweet comment. I actually do not sell tatting at this time, I've had a few people ask so it really gets me wondering if I should or not! I'm flattered!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Teapot! I always enjoy your posts, please keep up the great job.

Unknown said...

Thanks Bonnie. It's always means a lot when another tatter appreciates my work. :)

Evelyne said...

J'adore votre blog je le visite tous les jours!!! J'aime beaucoup cette théière comme j'aime le thé!!Je fais aussi de la frivolité....
A bientot Evelyne

Unknown said...

Translation:
"I adore your blog and I visit it every day! I love that teapot as much as I love tea. I'm also a fan of whimsy! Until the next time, Evelyne"

Thank you so much, Evelyn! I am so glad that you visit. I appreciate your very sweet comment. Whimsy is so much fun! :)

Thank you, Becky Ramsey for translating for me! LOL! ;)

Love,
~TattingChic

parTea lady said...

Your teapot is very pretty indeed. I remember my paternal aunts doing gorgeous tatted doilies when I was little. I thought it was a lost art, but happily it's not.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Tatting Chic, WOW, your lovely pastel pink teaport is truly stunning. Love it. Hugs Judy

Dean Grey said...

Clever design, TattingChic!

-Dean

Unknown said...

Hi ParTea lady! That is a sweet story about your Aunties tatting! I'm glad to hear you recognize that it is not a lost art! I hope you take the opportunity to visit the many blog links that I have shared on my sidebar! So many online tatters out there! It's amazing!

Thank you so much, Judy! I'm glad you like it! I love Martha's teapot patterns! I hope you get her book if you haven't gotten it already! Her patterns are beautiful!

Thank you so much, Dean! I wish I could take credit for such a beautiful tatted design, but that credit goes to Martha Ess, the very talented designer of this teapot!