Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cry Me A River

By now most of you have seen this video of Susan Boyle on "Britain's Got Talent". It's simply awe-inspiring. It's not just that she has the singing voice of an Angel, but also that she came out on top when everyone was being so cynical! Many are saying that she already has a singing career ahead of her from the sounds of that one performance! This is the stuff that dreams are made of! I have watched that video more than once and each and everytime the tears start to roll down my face; I'm so touched by the beauty of her voice! I about cry myself a river each time I see it.


~*~

Did you know that she made a recording in 1999?

It was for a CD for charity recorded in her hometown.

If you'd like to hear it just click on the video below:

Thanks, Leonreaction!

Wow!

It just warms my heart.

~*~

Speaking of heart-warming things

here's a tatted blue heart. This is the same blue heart

that I won in Umintsuru's giveaway when

her kitty Tsuru picked my name as the winner!

I mentioned it a few blog posts ago.

It just arrived from Singapore.

See?

***

Wendy also slipped in a couple of surprises!

Lucky me!

The first surprise was this little tatted

dragonfly charm is from her other kitty Umi! Thanks, Umi! Can't forget Umi!

***

Secondly, this is a lovely bookmark

(this type is called a book-thong)

designed and tatted by Wendy. Isn't it pretty?

***

She included a little note on the back of the card.

Sweet!

I thought it was very nice how she attached the tatting
to the paper! It makes for a lovely presentation!

~*~



Thanks for visiting today! What heart-warming things have you encountered lately? I'd love to hear about it in the comments! If you just want to say hello, that's okay, too! Hope you are all having a fabulous day! It's Hump-day! Whoo Hoo! Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Toodles!

~TattingChic

xoxo

46 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Lori said...

well, that just begs the question: why wasn't she "discovered" 9 years ago...her voice is amazing...i have watched her audition performance several times myself...she is a cutie...lots of personality there...and her voice is magic!!!

Paula said...

Wow- what lovely treasures!! The blue heart is gorgeous. And I LOVE the bookmark!
I love the video... I just heard about her for the first time a couple of days ago- she is so amazing! (and sweet!)

Lil said...

I saw that video on youtube and her performance was unbelievable. I was moved to tears.

The look of disgust on one of the ladies faces in the audience made my stomach turn. How sad that people are judged by the 'standards' of beauty according to the world when Susan Boyle is precious in God's sight. I hope she retains her plucky personality and isn't pressed into the mold to conform to fame.

I had also seen on a news site that Susan had never been kissed and never been on a date. The judge (not Simon- but Lars Pierson? not sure of his name) asked her out on a date on live television. What a great guy to be such a gentleman!

I wish her all the best. I truly believe that this is one of the greatest stories as of late because it paralells the world's view of man and how disposable we are. But God loves us and draws us to Him and we are so precious that He redeemed us. God does transform~

Sorry to be long winded. =)

Anonymous said...

LOVE that Susan Boyle!!Such an inspiring, sweet and 'one for the good guys', chills-up-your-spine kind of story!
I posted about her too and have listened to her clip many, many times.
Love all the pretties you posted too!
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Hugs,
Lynn

Betty said...

Haha..I thought from the title of your post that your were tatting tears for some project!

Susan Boyle is amazing; hope all her dreams come true!

Your tatted items are beautiful...what a wonderful talent your new friend has! Even the little dragonfly with tatting is precious...she's has a fantastic gift for her craft!

LiLi M. said...

I never heard before of Hump-day, blogging is so educational, no wonder I cannot get away from my computer lol!
I cried a little river too over that clip, but I'm going to watch this one some other time, as the boys are accompagnying me in the study and they won't understand why I have to cry over beautiful music.
You received lots and lots of great goodies, oh blogging is just wonderful. Too bad I cannot sing with it!

Kate Tracton said...

I enjoyed her performance in the video, and was shocked by the initial reaction of the crowd and judges. In this day and age if you are beautiful and under 20 with zero talent you are guaranteed a shot, but plump, and unremarkable looks get you derision. I remember the 70's when we had such people as Janis Joplin and Joe Cocker out there singing their hearts out and no one boo'd them offstage because of their looks.

Sorry for the rant. I'm glad she's getting her shot at the prize...

Happy Weds,

Kate

yoon see said...

You are so lucky. Those stamp and gifts are so beautiful.
Especially given by a beloved friend:)

Linda said...

Susan Boyle does have the most beautiful voice...and I cringed at the judges first reactions when she came on stage. I try not to judge (this can be hard) and as the old saying goes...you can't judge a book by it's cover, too true.
I love all your new pretties, the dragonfly is darling...hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Hi Lori, I know what you mean. Unfortunately, I think the answer lies with society/music producers who are willing to produce music w/ a pretty face and little talent.

Hi Paula! Thanks for visiting. Glad you like Wendy's tatted goodies (mine, now - hee hee).

Hi Lil. Thank you for sharing your insights. Hope you are having a fabulous week and God Bless!

Hi Lynn, isn't it an inspiring story!? Thanks!

Thanks Betty. Nope, no tears today unless I listen to that Susan Boyle video again, LOL! No time for that now. Glad you like the tatting, too!

Hi Lili, isn't it a lovely video! Well, enjoy your hump-day! It only happens once every 7 days! ;) Glad you stopped by!

Hi Kate! Good point. I think we had different music producers back then, too! LOL!

Hi Yoon, thank you. Yes, I consider myself very fortunate to have won Wendy's giveaway gift and to be receiving her generous gifts along with that is really a pleasure!

Hi Linda, I cringed, too! Not only at the reaction of the judges, but the audience, as well. I didn't expect that to come out of her mouth, but it did and she amazed us all!

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Susan's performance was incredible, as are all of your beautiful tatted pieces! I especially love the little teapot :)

The Victorian Parlor said...

I loved the look on everyone's face when she started singing. Her voice is amazing. If nothing else it has taught a lesson in judging too quickly:)

Blessings,

Kim

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You really have to watch Susan Boyle to the very end of the video to get the full effect. I just loved her reaction!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Fete et Fleur said...

I feel the same way about this woman. She is such an amazing inspiration to so many throughout the world. That recording is fantastic. I sang for many years and haven't done anything in the last five. I miss it and this has brought back so many wonderful memories for me.

Hugs!
Nancy

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

I had to bring out the hanky too, her voice is amazing and I hope that she wins overall. She gets my vote.

I love all the pretty gifts ~ isn't it lovely to get real postage stamps instead of the printout label.

Hugs
Carolyn

Fox said...

I cried , too! What an awe inspiring experience! : ) Fox

Bella Sinclair said...

Isn't she a fairy tale?? You know why I love her so much? Yes, she has a beautiful singing voice. But I love her even more because in the face of the jeers and laughter, despite knowing she's not the most desirable woman out there, she still had SASS and CONFIDENCE and believed in herself. That's what makes her beautiful through and through. The 12-year old boy who followed her and amazed the audience with his Michael Jackson song was fantastic as well, but Miss Boyle has my vote. Darn, too bad I'm not British.

Speaking of hump day, I read somewhere that in a survey, the toughest part of the workweek is actually Tuesday at 11:30am! HAhaha! It's because Monday is spent catching up socially. By Tuesday morning, you look at all the stuff you put off and have to do and just go, "Dang."

I'm sorry, I wish there were a better name for it than book THONG. They all are beautiful pieces, though!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, fun goodies. I'm always amazed at how many fun things can be made with tatting!

Tanya said...

Well that large tatting shuttle was just that a shuttle emblished with tatting, it was really unique, huh? I have not seem anyone do anything like this before. I hope have I have answered your question fully and thank you for your kind comments, always appreciated! Hey if you have email.. email me at wonk24@yahoo.com and we can chat more..

Tanya

Reen said...

U're very lucky to received such beautiful gifts. And i'm sure your tea must be very sweet cos your tpot colour is so so sweet.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I love the "book thong"! So cool!

Free Art Printables said...

i thought she was amazing too!

Unknown said...

Isn't she, though, Grizzly Mountain Arts!? Thanks on the teapot comment!

Yup! I couldn't agree more, Kim! She's got a beautiful talent!

Hi Carrie, it is fun watching her reaction, I agree! I like her spunky reaction to Simon's "I knew all along..."

Hi Nancy, she is an inspiration, isn't she! Wow, you're a singer, too! Why have we not heard this before! Or have you talked about it and I forgot?

Yes, Carolyn, it's so touching! Glad you like the tatting. I love old fashioned mail and loved the stamp.

Hi Fox! It is a neat experience, yes!

Hi Bella! Yes, she didn't let the cynicism affect her self-confidence in her ability to sing! That is WAYYYYY cool! I wish I could vote for her, too!
That does make sense about Tuesday being the busiest day.
I know what you mean!!! I don't think the word "thong" means the same thing in other countries, tho, LOL! Most people know it as the flip-flop sandal when translating to English.

Hi Thimbleanna! It seems like there are endless possibilities with tatting.

Hi Tanya! It looked like a VERY BIG tatting shuttle! Like the size of one of those mini ironing boards, LOL! Thanks for the addy, I just might take you up on that later this week!

Thanks, Reen! Yes, I do feel fortunate to have won the giveaway and receive extra giftees! Thanks, glad you like the teapot!

Hi Karla! Hopefully, you'll be tatting your own someday! ;)

Cool, huh, Jen!?

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Yes Susan, I don't normally watch AI but I did see her singing. I just think Simon is too cruel. I heard she was getting a makeover, I,m wondering what's wrong with her appearance.

You have some lovely tatted gifts you've shared, I've missed my visits and hope to catch up on everything I've missed :)

Have a wonderful day sweet friend,
Hugs,
Kathi :)

Unknown said...

I have not heard of her! I will have to listen. I am a huge fan o American Idol and i am wondering why Adam wasnt discovered before. It is amazing how talented some people can be and not be famous and then some who arent even that good are on the radio every five minutes!
i love that heart, so pretty!
Hugs,
Amy

Sharon D. said...

Her voice is truly amazing. I have watched it more then once. Just like Paul Potts I could also listen to him all day.

Heather said...

I love Susan Boyle.... oh, your goodies are lovely.... love, love, love the little dragonfly, but then, I just love dragonflies, VBG! What treasures have I got to show... well, I received a lovely package of vintage laces from Cathy over at Crazy by Design that I have to make a post about... hopefully this weekend when I should finally be caught up. Hugs.

Snap said...

Wow! You hit the jackpot! I love the teapots, too. Guess I should learn to Tat ... not! I have enough trouble keeping up with my journal, knitting and crochet projects and haven't done any counted cross stitch in ages. (I have a whole bag full). I'll just have to admire the tea pots from here!

Tracy said...

Susan's got a great voice--a true gift! I hope she goes on to bigger thing and singing everywhere. Such lovelies you have here...love that dragonfly--sooo pretty! Happy weekend, my friend ((HUGS))

NeereAnDear said...

I have heard the cry me a river tape and its just as lovely as the first....
She is an inspiration... makes a heart just want to SING!!

Stopping by to say hello...

I love all the beautiful goodies you got from your friend in singapore... QUITE LOVELY!! Another talented tatter

LOTS OF HUGS
JO

Barb said...

Hi Ms TattingChic,

Her voice is a gift from God! Amazing.

I love your new goodies. Girl, you got it goin on-hehe.

love ya,
Barb

Just Between Us Girls said...

I love the pink tea pot you made and the beautiful items you received in the mail. I have had some wonderful people say prayers and send me emails during the time my husband has been recovering from being in intensive care. They send them every day wishing us well and thanks to their prayers he is on the road to recovery and gets stronger every day. Also our little Peke puppy Taber, has found butterflies and chases after every single one of them....it is a precious sight to see. Everything is new and wondrous to him. He is such a joy.
Love and hugs,
Pat

Lace hearts said...

We've watched her so many times already - my daughters especially think she's amazing, which is lovely. Fabulous bookmark. What lovely tatting pretties, as always.

Marilee Rockley said...

TattingChic, I'm not surprised to see you supporting Susan Boyle, as you are always supporting genuine talent in many ways! I gotta say, the very first time I saw the famous video - well, when she got to the part where she was going for that long, climbing note I worried she might run out of air, LOL. Then she totally nailed it perfectly with a fabulous crescendo! That kind of control takes a real artist!

Your prizes are all lovely. I really like the book thong - I'm assuming it is used by putting the tatted cross end anywhere into the book and then swinging the beaded end down over the page you want to save, leaving the beaded end sticking out - is that right?

Unknown said...

Hi Kathi, this is actually from Britain's Got Talent; the original show that AI was spawned from, I believe. Isn't her voice amazing!? It's so nice to have you back, Kathi! You've been missed!

Hi Amy! I know what you mean about the ones on the radio not being that great. I think we're getting pretty tired of it as a whole in society. I think that's what makes Susan Boyle so refreshing is that she has TRUE talent! What a breath of fresh air!

Hi Sharon, thanks for stopping by! It's nice to see some REAL talent out there, isn't there!?

Wow, Heather! Your package of vintages laces sound fabulous! I hope we all get to see them soon. What a generous soul that Cathy is!

Thanks, Snap! Yes, I did hit the jackpot! Wendy was very generous with me!

Hi Tracy! Like you, I wish the best for Susan and her future singing career. Glad you like the tatted goodies! ((Hugs)), back!

Hi Jo, glad you like the goodies my friend sent me! She is a talented tatter, I agree!

You're so cute, Barb! Thanks!

Hi Pat, I'm glad to hear that your husband is getting better. You puppy does sounds like a joy to watch.

Hi Lace Hearts! Oh, I'm sure she's an even bigger sensation across the pond! She does have an amazing voice. Glad you like the tatting.

Hi Yarnplayer, thanks for your sweet comment. I never thought of the book thong working that way. I actually don't know how it works! I just thought it went on the page like a bookmark with the cross hanging down one end and the bead hanging out another end! LOL! I don't really know. She's made some other ones that have beads on both ends so I think that's how they work...both ends hanging out.

Natasha Burns said...

Love your beautiful winnings and gifts!
Susan has such a beautiful voice doesn't she. I love how she completely surprised and shocked everyone. Reminds me of Paul Potts, did you ever see Brittain's Got Talent last year or the year before, the guy who sang opera and was (from memory) a car salesman? His appearance was pretty much ridiculed, but as soon as he opened his mouth, everyone pretty much gasped....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DelJrP3P7tA

Bonnie said...

Your winnings are wonderful. Congratulations

Free Art Printables said...

Those are lovely things! Thank you for posting that song. Her voice is amazing. She reminds me of Karen Carpenter with the resonance she has.

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Yes, Susan is amazing. What a sweetie with the right attitude too. Certainly a great feel-good story. I hope she wins the grand prize!

Karen

Vintage Sandy said...

Thanks for visiting with me again and "YES" I definetly think you should sell your tatting they are so beautiful & for those of us who know nothing about or how to do it we'd love it if you would so please give it some serious thought and let me know if you decide to do it!!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Britains Got Talent is all over blogland (as well as the world!) right now.

Victoria xx

Unknown said...

Hi Natasha, I remember Paul Potts being shown online somewhere, but it seems like here there is a bigger stir about Susan for some reason!

Thanks, Bonnie!

Hi Jen R! I miss the "Karen Carpenters" I mean, I miss singers who TRULY had beautiful voices, not just beautiful faces and okay voices that they made sound better with devices.

Hi Karen! It is a "feel good" story, isn't it? I hope she gets the career she is looking for!

Thank you, Vintage Sandy! I will definately keep that in mind! I so appreciate your encouraging words!

Yes, it is, Victoria! Susan has a shockingly beautiful voice! I'm so glad she didn't let the reactions of the judges and the audience dent her self-confidence!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hey Tatting Chic, Wendy is such a sweetie to send along some lovely extra surprise with your package to you. The heart is truly very pretty. Yes, Susan voice is truly beautiful and I wish her the very best in her future. Hugs Judy

Unknown said...

Hi Judy! Yes, Wendy is, indeed a sweetie! I so love her tatted work! I feel fortunate to have the extra tatted goodies and I am going to adopt her manner of displaying them for the recipient when I do exchanges! I saw your dragonflies you got from Wendy on your blog! What a pretty way to display them with your stitching! :)

Dean Grey said...

TattingChic!

I agree with you 100%.

Susan Boyle is amazing.

The crowd was so mean to her, sneering and talking under their breath.

I love that she turned them all around just by using her gifts.

How great is that!

-Dean

Unknown said...

Hi Dean! I agree, Susan did turn the crowd around with her beautiful talent! I love that it is proof that true beauty does come from within!