Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Gifty!

Ever have one of those days where you're just not "up to snuff"? Yesterday was one of those days. I had been the recipient of some sad news and was rather blue. Then, like a little hug from heaven a package came in the mail! It was a total surprise! The return addressee said "Laurie's Charming Designs"! Does that sound familiar to anyone? It does to me! She is one of my very good bloggy friends! It cheered me up no end!

Let me show you what was inside the package!


~*~


This darling mini-easel!

Isn't it cute?
Look at those sweet beads dangling from the wire scroll work!
I remember seeing it on this blog post!
I still can't believe she sent it to me!

***

It came inside a plain brown cardboard box
with this sweet little nest painted on the package!Such a sweet and thoughtful touch!

***

A sweet little hand-painted tag accompanied the gift!

Isn't that sweet?

***
The other side says:
"Thank You for being my friend!"

Awww! So sweet!
***
Thank YOU, Laurie!


This sweet little easel is the perfect companion to
the hand-painted tile dry erase board that
I won from Laurie almost a year ago from now.

***
When it did arrive I went and bought an easel
just for it, but I never thought the easel quite
fit the lovely little dry erase board!
I <3 this easel!

It's just adorable!
I now have the classiest menu board in the neighborhood!
I am sure of it!

Thank you, Laurie!

~*~

This is one of many, many ways in which blogging has been a blessing in my life! My bloggy friends have enriched my life in ways I just cannot describe. A 3-D friend said to me the other day, "I read your blog the other day. I really enjoyed reading the comments people leave. They talk to you like they're your BEST FRIENDS!". She said this with a bit of shock. I laughed! "They are!", I said with a chuckle! It's true! Here's a big bloggy hug for each of you!


Thank you for being sweet friends! I'd love to hear from you before you go! Comments are always welcome here!

69 absolutely fabulous things were said:

LiLi M. said...

How sweet! You made a lovely post of this gift. I love all the hand painted boards. It's so true what you say about blogging, but I don't think a non-blogger will ever understand. Have a great weekend, I hope this present has cheered you up in the long run!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a pretty and thoughtful gift to receive and such perfect timing for you, sweet girl!
That is so true about this bloggie thing..isn't it? It is quite hard to explain to someone else, unless they actually do read some of the very dear and thoughtful comments and emails. I am forever grateful that I bravely jumped in a few months ago.
Hope you day is getting better for you, TC!
Hugs,
Lynn♥

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gift, and sooooooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

I love how you have shown your little messages on this new fancy canvas holder. What a beautiful piece of beauty!

Charmingdesigns said...

Thank you! You ARE such a sweetie! Blogging friends are the BEST! I am so much happier since I started blogging and making such good friends. You my friend have the BEST comments, you are such a friend to so many people, it is nice to be able to put a smile on your face! Just wanted you to know that you are are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time!!! Have a wonderful Sunday! BIG "OL HUGS to you my friend!!!!
Laurie

Barb said...

Hi Miss TC,

What a sweet gift. Very thoughtful and just in time. I hope today is a much better day for you. I can relate to being just not "up to snuff". Hang in there. God loves you and we do to.

love ya,
Barb

Donna said...

So sweet of Laurie. And you are so right. Our bloggy friends bring so much to our lives. We share so much with each other, our accomplishments, our failures and our attempts at new things.
You have brought so much to my life. I secretly "tat" with you even though I can't tat. It brings me joy to see your projects!

Kathleen Grace said...

What a sweet thing for Laurie to do! She is a wonderful artist, I would hate to throw that packaging away!

Dolores said...

You are obviously loved in the blogging world. It is because you are so giving of yourself. Lovely gifts.

Betty said...

Yes, I do know Laurie. Everything she sends comes in paper decorated with her beautiful painting! She is a sweetheart! You are so right about blogging buddies...I have made so many good friends; some I've even met in person. And they are just as delightful then as they are on their blogs. Love this venue!

vintage girl at heart said...

Oh so sweet!!!! What a wonderful and thoughtful sweetheart she is!! She is one of my fave on my bloggy roll!!!! Sorry about the sad nesw and oh so happy that you got such a lovely pick me up!!!! Enjoy!!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

What a lovely gift from a friend and when you really needed this.
Sorry about your sad news and sending warmest hugs your way.

I agree it is so much fun to have all these friends everywhere.

Hugs
Carolyn

Pretty Things said...

That's so awesome for you! :-) You deserve all good stuff!

Gina said...

I LOVE this little easel. I want one! It truly was a special gift to receive. Laurie is a sweetie.

Elyse said...

the little world of blogging really is amazing, isn't it? and these little surprises seem to come at just the moments we need them.

the easel is lovely and so are all of the painted roses on the thank you card!!!

happy pink saturday, too!

xo

Unknown said...

Hi Lili M, thanks! It really is a lovely gift and deserves a spotlight! Yes, non-bloggers don't seem to get what the draw is, but I think this friend seemed to "get it"! She could sense the real sense of friendship between all of us gals (and guys)!

Thank you, Lynn! It was perfect timing! You have NO idea! Yes, blogging is so special. I'm glad I jumped in, too! I have really been blessed by it. Love, TattingChic (Not TC) :)

Thank you, Summersadie!

Hi Julie-Ann! I'm glad you liked the little "Signs" I made! I thought that would be fun!

Hi Laurie! Thank you, dear friend! I appreciate you more than you can know! You did make me smile! Your gift also made me cry tears of joy!
It really did feel like a big hug that came through the mail. I think you were inspired, my dear!

Awww...Barb, thanks for the sweet message! I appreciate that. I really do. Even tho' I don't like being called TC, LOL! Everyone wants to call me that, ROFLOL! Sigh! I'd just give up and shrug my shoulders if I could stand being called it, LOL! I do care for you, bloggy friend, and appreciate all of your sweet visits and comments so please keep them coming!

Donna, you are a sweetie! Yes, Laurie is a doll, I agree. You can "secretly tat" with me anytime! That is really cute. I hope you find yourself learning to actually tat someday, too!

I know what you mean, Kathleen Grace! That's why I am grateful for cameras! It's such a nice way to preserve the sweet memory of the artwork on the box! Maybe I'll cut out the nest part and put it in a special little place for bloggy friends.

Dolores, you are so kind! Thank you!

Betty, you are so lucky to have met some of your bloggy friends in person! Laurie is a sweetie, isn't she? Thanks for your nice comment.

Hi Vintage at Heart! Thank you! Laurie's blog is a fave of mine, too!

Hi Carolyn! Thanks for the hugs! You are a sweet bloggy friend, too! Thank you!

Thank you, Pretty Things! What a very sweet thing to say!

Hi Gina! I'm glad you stopped by! Isn't the easel adorable? I wonder if we could find one for you by googling "mini easel" or "beaded mini easel"...hmmmm...

Elyse, it did! It came at exactly the right moment for me! That is a blessing! Laurie's paintings are so sweet!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you have been feeling blue :( Sending you hugs!!

Laurie is such a sweetie! I LOVE that little easel, how precious! She is so multi talented!! Bloggers are just the sweetest, arent they? I love blogging :):)

Big Hugs,
Amy

Maggie Ann said...

I'm glad your friend cheered you up with her sweet gifts. They are truly special....gifts and friend! ~~No, i don't do 'twitter'..just my blog. I was disappointed that Susan Boyle didn't win 1st in Britians got talent. I hope she gets to be a wonderful star. I'll buy her cds....smile.

Rosemary said...

That is ever so nice of her!!
Glad it lifted your spirits!!
Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog!
Have a nice night!
Rosemary

artbeckons said...

Aww... how sweet! What a lovely surprise on a day when you really needed it - aren't friends wonderful that way? Hope you have many other bright surprises to come =)

Lynn B said...

What a gorgeous gift, you deserve it because you make everyone smile - including me!

Susanne said...

Oooh and aaah, once more you are such a very lucky girl getting all those lovely things in the mail.
Oh I guess you really deserve it, ;-D (roflol).

Nima said...

wow...that looks too pretty. It was nice to read your post

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, what a charming, charming easel and tag. What a great way, and such perfect timing, too. Sorry to hear about the bit of blue news, though.

3D friend??? HA! I love that. So what am I, then? 2D? LCD?

kayellen said...

Love the hand painted pretties!!!

Have a blessed weekend:)

kayellen

Linda said...

What a pretty easel and a surprise cheer me up that came at a perfect time. I love the way you sent your thank messages...hugs, Linda

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Great post!! And I love the extra touch Laurie added to the package!

Fox said...

Just look at all these wonderful comments! That in itself says so much, TattingChic. And the little easel is adorable. Hope you had a better day - how could you not?! Fox : )

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Gifts in the post can always brighten a day!

Hope you've had a great weekend.

Victoria xx

Rebecka said...

What a nice gift!
The easel is lovely... the packaging is GORGEOUS!
Look how blessed you are with all of these friends. What could possibly be better?

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great post and beautiful blog...Just blog hopping today and enjoyed reading your blog...I am posting on our Disney trip so hope you will stop by. Also, the June giveaway starts today...all comments left in June will be in the drawing for the "June Card Box"! You will have to go down a few posts to read about the monthly giveaway. Happy Sunday!

mica said...

What a cute and sweet gift!

Vintage Sandy said...

What a beautiful gift you received from Laurie....A good friend always seems to know when & how to cheer you up...blogging friends are very special I'm so happy to be apart of that!!

Lara Harris said...

That has to be the prettiest little easel I've ever seen...mine is covered in paint :o)

Free Art Printables said...

You always get the best stuff! It's so true what you say about blogging! Jen

Rosemary said...

Hi again,
Thanks, I think the boots are pretty great too! You should see how tiny they are. Maybe like a size 5.
I hope you have a great week!
Chat soon,
Rosemary

laura_rose said...

Hi Tatting Chic, What a lovely way to make your day :) I love reading your posts and feel that I can always count on you to make me smile! Thanks for visiting my blog - the letters will not be framed, but I will be making some backing boards for them for when I display them at school...will post a pic when it eventuates :) Many hugs,

A Romantic Porch said...

This is such a sweet posting! I love your easel! rachel

Tattycat said...

This is a wonderful post, Tatting Chic. You are so clever.
I know it is difficult for people to believe how close knit we tatters are. I don't know what I would do without all of you.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

What a lovely post and lovely gift from your friend. I hope you are feeling better now.
I do love reading your blog. You are such a sweet person.

Hugs to you!!!!

Pat said...

Love the easel.......love the little dry erase board too...so cute! Thanks, too, for your comment on my blog today...as always, I appreciate you. Have a great week....take care. Pat

The Victorian Parlor said...

Isn't it wonderful when a friend makes your day so special. I agree that through blogging we make so many fabulous friends that truly become part of our lives:)

Blessings,

Kim

Lori said...

what a sweet gift that Laurie sent to you...how wonderful that it arrived just when you were needing a little cheer...that has happened to me on a few occasions too...i am sorry that you had some bad news...i hope all will be ok

Paula said...

Awww.... sorry about your sad news and blue mood, Sweetie- but what a wonderful uplifting gift! It is just gorgeous!
And I agree- I've met some of the most wonderful people doing this little blog thing... people like you!

rochambeau said...

Great Gift and YOU deserve it. Hope you're feeling not so blue today!!

Xox
Constance

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This is a very sweet post...I love what you did with the dry erase tile! Yes you do have lots and lots of friends...and I am glad you are mine!

Natasha Burns said...

Laurie is such a sweetie and super talented. I love how she paints the boxes that she sends things in, she's so thoughtful!

Rhondi said...

What a lovely surprise for you. Thanks for coming to my party yesterday!
Hugs, Rhondi

ancolie said...

A pretty gift ! I am happy for you beacause You always give a little lovely post to every one and you are a lovely blogger friend !

ancolie from France

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Blog friends are the greatest! I love your easel. So cute! And the nest she painting on the box...that is charming :-)
xo
Penny

our shabby cottage said...

What a wonderful package to brighten up your day! i'm very jealous!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh how adorable! Aren't blog gifts just the best -- from people who "get" you! I've just won three giveaways recently, and I can't believe my luck!!!

Tracy said...

That is a lovely gift... and what a fun post! So sorry you had some bad new...but glad there was something to lift your spirits. :o) Great to catch up with you here at last now we're just back from our trip...Oh, the jet lat--LOL! Happy weekend ahead, my friend ((HUGS))

Rue said...

Thasel and dry erase board are so stinkin' cute!!! LOVE them :)

It's funny how non-bloggers just don't get it. It seems so normal now, it's weird when I meet people that don't blog LOL

I hope you're not blue anymore!

xo,
rue

Margie said...

Wow! What a lovely gift that was! A beautiful little easel, and I also love the dry erase tile! What a clever idea. Don't you just LOVE LOVE LOVE to get surprises in the mail? There's just nothing quite like it!

I hope you are still cheered up today!

I know what you mean about blogging. It really changed my life when I started. The lovely women that I've met have been crucial in changing my outlook on life and keeping my spirits up!

Blogging is like getting a surprise in the mail! There's just nothing quite like it!

Have a lovely day!
Margie :)

blessings said...

I love how God brings a cool breeze or a caring friend at just the right time!

Have a lovely Thursday. Blessings... Polly

Bumpkin Hill said...

this came at just the right time for you. I am sorry to hear you had some sad news but glad you have some very good friends. Hugs, Catherine x

Mary Ellen said...

What a terrific surprise! I've met so many wonderful people out here in the Blogosphere.

Speaking of meeting people, I'm going to print a link below to the blog of a very dear IRL friend of mine. Check it out and see if it's something you'd like to do.

http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/2009/06/spilling-beans.html

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I'm sorry to hear that you had bad news and was feeling down. I sure hope things are much better for you now. I agree, blog friends are some of the best friends I have in the whole world! Twyla

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I've missed you this week. When you get a chance you'll need to come over and see the "tatting treasures" I got today! I'm so excited!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much everyone for your very sweet comments!!! I hope to make it around to each of you this weekend/week for a visit. I haven't been much for commenting back this past week, but I'm getting back to my old "commenty" self...don't you worry, LOL! Or if you like it better this way..then..be afraid...be very afraid...mwah ha ha ha ha!

See, That sounds like my old self, doesn't it? LOL!

Jeanne Oliver said...

How amazing to paint on the package! Beautiful!!! What a sweet friend.

{oc cottage} said...

Oh, that nest painted on the box is just too adorable!

m ^..^

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

WOW what a super gifty from Laurie. Love the mini easel. It is absolutely adorable. Hugs Judy

christina said...

this is so lovely. how thoughtful. you have a sweet place over here.
xo

rochambeau said...

Hope things are doing alright for you Tatting Chic!!
Thinking of you!

xox
Constance

Its So Very Cheri said...

Love it---

Thanks for reading my blog and stopping by.

Cheri
www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.comfoldsuc

BumbleVee said...

oh my goodness....it IS tiny! you couldn't tell til you showed it with the tags.... lol.... beautiful

Unknown said...

Thank you for your very sweet comments, Ladies! BIG (((HUGS))) to all of you! :)