Friday, August 7, 2009

All Is "Right SIDE UP" With The World Again!

or what I really meant to say was: "FONTS and FLAKES"




Hi there! I am happy to announce that TattingChic is back in business! Woo Hoo! Thank you everyone who commented on my Technical Difficulties post! I really appreciate your warmth and support. Apparently, yesterday morning when I sat down on my couch to eat my breakfast (see what I get for not eating at the table?), I accidentally sat on my laptop. Mortified, I jumped up immediately as I realized what I had done. I looked at my desktop screen and it was

¡¡¡uʍop ǝpısdn

YIKES!

Hey, that reminds me of a little song:
(Feel free to click "play" if you're in the mood for Diana Ross)

Thank you, bpmandersloot!




I went on with my day and while on a break at work I ran into the IT guy. I mentioned my predicament and he immediately started to laugh. He did say that it was a challenge and he had never heard of it before. He told me he would research about it that evening.

Today I got an email from him. It said:

"Try this.

Some systems will invert the display when you press CTRL-ALT-Up Arrow or CTRL-ALT-Down Arrow. This feature is installed to allow you to fix the monitor upside down on the ceiling or other high surface - useful for public displays. To put things back the right way press
CTRL-ALT-Up Arrow or CTRL-ALT-Down Arrow again."

So, upon arriving home I immediately tried it after turning on my laptop! Lo and behold! It worked! YIPPEE!!! Easy and free fix! THANK YOU IT Guy (and you know who you are, although, I'm pretty positive you don't read this blog, LOL!)!!!

WHEW!!!

Apparently I had sat on the exact combination of CTRL-ALT-Down Arrow which turns it upside down. CTRL-ALT-Up Arrow turned it right side up again.

All is right (side up) with the world again!

It is so good to be back in the saddle again! Sewmuchfun4, it looks like you were right on the money with your suggestion as it was right what the I.T. guy said, thanks to you, too!

Now...back to what I was gonna say earlier before all this crazy turning-my-world-upside-down stuff.
What I really meant to post about today was that you may have noticed some changes on my blog lately. I had changed the font style of blog titles. I wanted to share with you some info about that.


~*~

This cool blog called Kevin & Amanda
had this very cool post here:

How To Use A Cute Font For Your Blogger Post Titles

Feel free to visit this blog if you're interested
in spicing up your blog a bit with some CUTE fonts!
It's way cool!

Amanda even writes back when you ask her questions in the comments!

Thanks, Amanda!

~*~

I also wanted to show you that I received
the July snowflake from Fairiebees




Here's a link with all the snowflakes together.

Thanks Fairiebees!

I look forward to getting my
tatted snowflake in the mail
from you every month!
I'll be sad when the year is through.


~*~

Sorry, about all the distractions! I was feeling very discombobulated and I think it shows in this post! Isn't that a great word? I love that word... "discombobulated"! It just sounds like things are all jumbled up and a mess, LOL!

Okay, okay, I know, I need to "get a life" if I'm all worried about my computer being unavailable for a 36 hour period, LOL!

See how much you guys mean to me!?!

It's nice to have a visit from you! Feel free to say hello and stuff! I missed you guys while my computer desktop was upside down! LOL!

(((HUGS)))!!!

XOXO

46 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Needledreams said...

ןoן ˙uʍop ǝpısdn ʎɐp ɹnoʎ ʇuǝds noʎ ʇɐɥʇ ɹɐǝɥ oʇ ʎɹɹoS

That happened to me a few hours ago. But I noticed what I was doing to make the screen go to the sides. I was ready to call an Exorcist for my poor netbook (I have one of the tiny 'puters now).

The triangular snowflake is very pretty. SO if it has 3 points, is it half snowflake? lol

Unknown said...

¡ʎ11ɐʍ 'uʍop ǝpısdn ʇxǝʇ ǝɥʇ pǝddı1ɟ noʎ ʎɐʍ ǝɥʇ ɹǝʌǝ1ɔ os ǝɹɐ noʎ

I know, it only has 3 points, huh? It's a half-flake, you're right!

sewmuchfun4 said...

It's VERY good to see you back! I'm glad all is right side up with your world and that it was an easy fix because those are the BEST!

I've been noticing your fonts and wondered "how to." Thank you for sharing the link.

The snowflake is pretty. Do you ever skip on your way back from the mailbox? :)

Ann

Dolores said...

Oh happy day! So good to hear that it worked. Nice IT guy. I think he deserves a Starbucks gift card.
Gosh, you might have had to post sitting on your head forever - not fun.

Nunt said...

Another bugger is the "Left-alt+shift", which will change the output language of your keyboard, if you have more than one language set installed. It is especially annoying with English Windows and Finnish (Scandinavian) user: English will usually be the second set automatically set up, so if you accidentally press "left-alt+shift", you'll end up losing your åöä and replacing them with [;' consecutively :D I remember few instances when my female 50-something boss went absolutely ballistic: "THIS ###¤¤%%&&&& COMPUTER just lost it's marbles, DO SOMETHING!"

xx,
nunt

Betty said...

Thanks for the 'lesson' in keyboard keys...I may do this on Jack's computer and see if he notices...haha.

Glad you are back!

The Victorian Parlor said...

I am so glad that you are 'right side up' again!!! How funny that you sat on the exact key combination to make your screen go upside down. Glad you are back:).

Blessings,

Kim

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Tatt Chic,
SO glad your world is right side up now. We did miss you very much. So happy all is right now and you are back posting your incredible features.
I love the snowflake. I bet all those received will be gorgeous on the Christmas tree this year.
Your new font titles are awesome too. Thank you for sharing the site.
I will let you know when the shuttle arrives.
Have a great rightside up weekend.LOL
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Fox said...

Hi TattingChic! I missed your last post and had no idea what was going on with your computer problems. Was thinking about how I had not seen anything from you in a day or so and so, I went to your site - could not believe you SAT on your computer! LOL!!

The kind of problem that ensued would have consumed HOURS of my day - I cannot stop trying to fix those awful glitches... so I am so happy you posted the remedy for that particular computer "episode"!!! Glad all was easily and quickly remedied and that you are back in Tat-land!
Fox : ))

Linda said...

Yay...all's well that ends well.....thank goodness for your IT guy...hugs, Linda

julia said...

I'm glad your problem had an easy fix. I love the word 'discombobulated' I am a word lover.

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- now that's funny! What a great tip too -- you know, just in case we ever sit on our computers. But, what I really want to know is how did you get "upside down" to really be upside down in your post???

Joansie said...

So glad that you are back online. Missed you!!!! Thanks for the info on your computer problem. If it happens to me, I won't panic. Seeing you were so fortunate to actually press the right combination of keys initially to make that happen,.....well, go out and buy a lottery ticket today...you might win....lol!

Teresa said...

I didn't laugh, but I did chuckle. :)

Glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

I am wondering the same thing as Thimbleanna. How do you get the words be upside down in your post? Not that I think I need to do that, just wondering:)

Snap said...

Welcome back!

Judy said...

I'm so glad you are right side up again. And such an easy fix!

Unknown said...

Hi Ann! Thanks, It is good to be back. I'm so glad it was a feasible solution. I am glad you found the link useful!

That is a fabulous idea, Dolores! I think I will get the IT guy something like that. After all, he did help me in his spare time with a personal computing problem...not at all a job requirement on his part. I can use some spare change to say thank you!

Good to know, Nunt! My keyboard doesn't use the "åöä" characters, but who knows, maybe someone will read your comment that may need to use that someday!

Yes, Betty, that would be funny! Do it on April Fool's Day! Ha ha! That is...if you can wait that long to do it, LOL!

I know, Kim! It is super funny to me now that it's fixed and was easily rememdied!

Hi Cel Mar! It is good to be back and I'm glad to know I was missed. It would be sad if no one noticed I was out of commission for a while, LOL! I think the shuttle should be there soon!

You know, Fox, ironically I knew I had just sat on some sort of odd combination of keys so I pressed CTRL+ALT+Each-And-Every-Key-I-Could-Think-Of-To-Remedy-The-Situation-Except-The-Arrow-Keys! LOL!

Yes, Linda, thank goodness for the IT guy!

Hi Julia! Aren't words awesome? Words are power! The greater our vocabulary the better off in life we are. Did you know that a study has shown that most prison inmates have a very poor vocabulary. This hinders their ability to verbally express emotion, thus resulting in more violent expressions of feelings...thus the prison sentence. Sad! Vocabulary is a huge tool to success in life!

Okay, Thimbleanna...so, you want to know how I got the text to be
¿¿¿uʍop ǝpısdn
Just click on the upside down "upside down" and you will be taken to a site that flips any text upside down. Enjoy!

Hi Joansie! I just might consider that lottery ticket thing, LOL!

Hi Lady Doc. It's okay if you laughed. It's laughable now that I have it fixed. I realize it was laughable to others before it was fixed, but just not to me...at least not that much.

Okay, Yarnjourney, I'll tell you want I told Thimbleanna:
so, you want to know how I got the text to be
¿¿¿uʍop ǝpısdn
Just click on the upside down "upside down" and you will be taken to a site that flips any text upside down. Enjoy!

Thanks, Snap!

Thanks, Judy! I'm glad, too!

Unknown said...

Isn't that how life seems at times? Live upside down in a right side up world..Oh I am sure you get my jist, lol! I LOVE what you are doing to your blog. There are so many beautiful ways to display our blogs..its so amazing!

Have a great day!
Lorena
Rosechicfriends

Anonymous said...

So glad I dropped by. Haven't in a while...Life gets in the way. Love the new look. And I will try to Never sit on my laptop....

Hugs to you,
KAREN EILEEN

Susanne said...

ROFLOL and LMBO.
I have no idea what this word means "discombobulated" but it does sound hilarious.
Welcome back.

Ladytats said...

Hi Chiclet, I wish I had read your post the other day, I know exactly what to do. if you haven't tried it yet, try ctrl+alt+ left or right arrow. it flipps your disply 90 degrees to the right or left. don't know why they put those options in there, but I can see the upside down working if you have someone across the table from you and you lay the top of your laptop down, they can see it. I suppose they put the sideways options in for the rest of the people at the table too.

Stef H said...

Hey tatting chic! what a cool blog you have here! and thanks for stopping by my blog. hope you come back soon!

glad to hear your computer problem was solved. i would have freaked!

and that snowflake is awesome. i soooo love tatting tho' i don't do it. had to stop the knitting, crocheting & cross-stitching because arthritis really hurts. funny tho' my cardmaking craft doesn't bother my hands at all - go figure! or the meds have finally started to work after all these years - LOL.

hope to see you soon.

hugs,

SY said...

Hi TattingChic- You must have a very talented "arse" girl!! LOL! Glad you're back.

artbeckons said...

Oh, that is a funny story! I'm glad it all turned out okay. I would go CRAZY without my computer for 36 hours =)

Draffin Bears said...

Glad that you are back on air, so to speak.

Hope your weekend is going well.

Hugs
Carolyn

Heather said...

Sorry to hear you had techy problems... we do depend upon our computers... glad to hear all is right now! Love the snowflake... very delicate! Hugs.

Lori said...

i'm glad you got that all fixed...and for free no less, you can't beat that...what a sweet little snowflake!!!

Elyse said...

hello chiclet! (i like your little leave your comment rhyme!)

i have a hunch that almost all bloggers can relate to feeling almost lost when our computers are down or we're without our cameras! yesterday i stopped at a flower cart and bought flowers. the flower cart was SO ADORABLE and i'm thinking: why don't i have my camera? should i go back to get it and come back (20 minutes away)? well i didn't but you know what i mean! :)

the rest of the post is delightful. hooray for your IT guy and new tatted item.

happy weekend

xo
elyse

Tracy said...

She's back--hooray! Great to see you back here, TattingChic! Glad you're back... and back in good humor too! :o) ((HUGS))

Unknown said...

Hi Lorena, I totally get your gist! Although, sometiimes I feel like the whole world is upside downthe things go sometimes, LOL!

Yes, Karen, that is a good lesson to take away from all of this, LOL! Don't sit on your laptop, LOL!

Hi Susanne, you can click on the word "discombobulated" in the post and it will take you to an English dictionary. Maybe a synonym will be available in your English-Danish dictionary. It mainly means confusion. Glad to provide some entertainment.

Hi Ladytats, yes, according to what the IT guy said (in my post) it's for displays. I guess for certain very creative folks it works well for whatever reason!

Hi there, Stef H! I'm glad to hear you like tatting. I hope you come back to visit often, too! I can totally see why cardmaking wouldn't hurt your hands...you're not doing fine, repetitive movements over and over.

Verrrrrry funnnny, SY.

Hi Beckie! Yes, the thought of not having my computer all weekend was not pleasant, LOL!

Thanks, Carolyn, I appreciate your welcome back, LOL!

Hi Heather, thank heavens the techy probs were easily remedied!

Thanks, Lori! It was nice to get it all fixed for free! Glad you like the snowflake.

Hi Elyse! It's nice to have an understanding bloggy friend, LOL! It's an important connection for many of us! The Camera thing is a big deal, you're right! That's so funny that you even considered the 40 minute (round trip) drive to take the photo for your blog, LOL!

Thank you, Tracy! It is good to be back. It wasn't even that long, LOL!

Charmingdesigns said...

My cat walked across my laptop once and turned everything upside down.lol . come back and visit me, I as right in the middle of my new post.lol. Love the tatting!! laurie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Okay, I want to know how you girls typed upside down!!! It is good to have you back and everything works great. I panic when our computer has problems. My friends live there! Have a great week! Twyla

Carolina's Corner said...

You have very beautiful outlook too! In fact, I´ve been "secretly" browsing Diane´s bloglist, and so I recognized your picture from there, thank you - have I only been too shy to share my comments on any of them :)

And to be honest, when I began blogging, not so long ago - all of this encouragement and supportive atmosphere completely surprised me! I just cannot but agree about what you said!

I wish you a very good start of the week!!

AngelDoll said...

Wonderful new blog! Love it!

Unknown said...

OMGoodness, Laurie, that is too funny about your cat! Well, at least we know how to rememdy the situation! It's so funny (sort of) what a few keystrokes can do to affect one's life. LOL!

Hi Twyla! Thanks for visiting my blog and saying hello!
You wanted to know how to write
uʍop ǝpısdn
so just click on the upside down "upside down" and you'll be taken there to a web page that flips any text upside down. Yes, I think most of us bloggers panic when it comes to computer glitches, LOL!

Hi Carolina! I was a "lurker" for many years before I joined the blog scene! I, like you, was pleasantly surprised at the welcoming attitude of so many bloggers...especially my tatting blogger friends...since they were the first ones I knew when I started blogging. Then the blog-hopping started and it was all over with then, LOL! I am so glad you stopped to say hello! Please visit often and feel free to comment and say hello anytime! Comments are always welcome here!

Thank you, Angel Doll! I love your new block on your blog!

LiLi M. said...

phew what a relief, it's good to have you back again, though you were upside down only for a short period. Somehow it feels like the window where you look through to see the world turned black at once, don't you think? Now I'm of to see the font lady, but having a mac doesn't make those things less complicated often, while windows is the standard with fun stuff :-(. Have fun again!

Barb said...

Bless your heart. Yay for IT guy. The IT people at Ray's work could not fix my laptop. Maybe I should talk to your people!

Love the look of your blog.

hugs,
Barb

Rosemary said...

Hi there,
I didn't even know you could do that upside down stuff!.
Very amusing!!
Glad you fixed it!!
Thanks for visiting me. Just finished posting the finished bathroom redo.
Chat soon,
Rosemary

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Tatt Chic, Stopping back by to say hi and thank you for the kind birthday wishes to my son.
Did you get my email about the shuttle background color. Let me know.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Elaine said...

That story is hysterical. And now I know what to do next time I sit on my laptop!

Pretty snowflake too.

Have a great week, Elaine

Decor To Adore said...

Boy ya turn me inside out~round and round. :)

Glad you are sunny side up now!

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

I thought I had done just about everything humanly possible to a computer! LOL So glad it was an easy fix :)

Jo :)

Unknown said...

Hi Lili M! THanks a bunch. It's nice to know if something happened that kept me off the blog for longer thatn 36 hours that I'd be missed, LOL! I'm so glad it was easily fixed!

Yes, Barb, YAY for the IT guy! I took Dolores' advice and bought the IT guy a gift card to the local coffee hangout near work.

Hi Rosemary! I did go visit your new post on your finished bathroom. I'm sure you've gotten my comment there by now. THanks for stopping by. Yes, I guess the good that came from this minor fiasco was that I learned something new about my computer...maybe we all did (well, there was a couple that already knew it, but still!).

Hi Cel Mar! I hope you got my email by now back to you and the second in response to yours from that and so on and so forth, LOL! I can't wait to get that back and will start tatting on your tatted piece tomorrow! (it's late right now...too tired to tat, LOL!)

Hi Elaine, isn't that funny! Well, you'll know what to do if you happen to sit on the EXACT SAME buttons that I did, LOL! I couldn't believe it! Oh, well, it gave us all some good laughs and we all learned something. No harm done in the end!

Hi Laura Ingalls Gunn! I know, I thought of that other song, too...You turn me right 'round, baby, right 'round, like a record, baby... LOL! Remember? From the late 80's? LOL!

Ha ha, Jo! Just when you think you've got the computer thing under control...it goes and sneaks a new one on us all, huh?

rochambeau said...

Glad you and your computer are back on board right side up AND!! Will visit Amanda now. Also, congrats again on your birthday gift. I share in your JOY!

xox
Constance

Unknown said...

Hello Constance! Thank you! It is good to be right side up. I hope you enjoy your visit to Amanda's. If you decide to do anything with her tips or fonts I hope you share it on your blog.