Sunday, October 11, 2009

Threads from Malaysia!

When Zarina of Concerning Zarina invited me to test tat her new HDT's last month I jumped at the chance! I was so excited to have the opportunity to try out these new colorways coming all the way from Malaysia!

Let the "show and tell" begin!

~*~

See the stamp and postmark from Malaysia?
See the lovely warm and muted hues?
I thought they had a "vintage" look about them.


The HDT colorways are as follows:


"By the Sea"
"By the Sea" is a hand dyed Flora brand thread.
This one is size 20

***

"Orchid Garden"
"Orchid Garden" is a hand dyed Omega brand thread.
This one is size 50

***

"Pink Rose"
"Pink Rose" is a hand dyed Hakelgarn Brand thread.
This one is size 20.

***

The "Ruffled Heart" pattern
(design by Vicki Clarke) was
used to tat up these lovely HDT's

You may notice the "Ruffled Heart"
being used a lot lately here.
It seems to be the perfect pattern for
a multi-colored thread and is fairly
easy and fast to tat up!

***

Here is "By The Sea"



"Orchid Garden"



"Pink Rose"

I found the Flora and Hakelgarn threads easy to tat
with. All the colorways are warm and seem to
have muted, "Vintage" looking hues about them!
I can honestly say these were the EASIEST
HDT's to unwind! Whatever you're doing to
wind your HDT's, Zarina, keep doing it because
I had no tangles when unwinding these skeins!

~*~

Thanks for stopping by so I could share Zarina's new HDT's with you! I hope you enjoyed my show and tell as much as I enjoyed tatting them up for you! Thank YOU, Zarina, for this wonderful opportunity to try out your new colorways! What a pleasure it was to test tat for you!
I'd love to hear what you think of them too! Be sure to leave a comment before you go off to Zarina's blog to say hello!


If you would like to contact Zarina about purchasing her lovely hand dyed threads you can contact her by email at concerningzarina@gmail.com



XOXO

44 absolutely fabulous things were said:

zarina said...

I will just continue winding the thread the only way I know.

Once again, thank you for test tat my new HDTs.

donna said...

Wow...just WOW!!!! I love those colorways and you are right, the ruffled heart pattern really shos them off!

Carlie said...

The colors are so wonderful and your tatting so so neat...I think I like them a lot!!!!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Lovely, lovely colors!!

Fox said...

Great colourways!
Fox : )

Unknown said...

Those colors are so unique--I love them! And your little tatted pieces really show them off. Very pretty!

sewmuchfun4 said...

They DO have a vintage look to them and a softness. Very pretty! That ruffled heart pattern is SO pretty!
:) Ann

Donna said...

Very, very pretty. Just love the soft colors.

Unknown said...

Hi Zarina, thanks again!

Thanks, donna! Isn't the ruffled heart pattern pretty! I always have a good turnout with multicolored thread and that pattern.

Thank, Carlie! I'm glad you like both of them!

Thank you, Cathy!

Hi Fox, thanks for the comment!

Thank you, Linda! I appreciate that.

Yes, Ann, a soft warm color tone...that's what they have.

Thank you, Donna! I'm so glad you stopped by.

Angela said...

Completely yummy. I crochet alot with 20. And the tangling as you said, can be a pain. Thank you for sharing your ruffled hearts with us.

Jez said...

Oooh, I especially love "by the sea!" Very lovely!

Jessica Rodarte said...

My goodness- how beautiful!!

Nunt said...

Beautiful shades, me wants! :)

Lori said...

those colors are so pretty and they look really lovely all tatted up!!!

Anonymous said...

These threads are absolutely beauituful & they made-up so well. The color changes flowed into each other so easily!! Lovely!!
Hugs,
Marilyn

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hi TattingChic, Lovely colored HDT's. Your photography always showcases the tatting so nicely. It really shows the thread and tatting so up close and clear. Thank you for showing the thread.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What wonderful colours, they look so pretty tatted.

Victoria xx

Gerry said...

Those are really lovely colors. The Orchid Garden is my favorite!

I also just adore your new address book.

'Til next time......

Snap said...

Really pretty! How neat that you get to test tat!

Unknown said...

Hi Angela, you get HDT skeins, too for your crochet? I would imagine that would get used up REALLY fast, LOL! I'm sure your projects are lovely, though!

Hi Jez! Oh, "By the Sea" is very pretty! I wish you could see it in person!

Thanks Jessica. I love seeing you come by to visit!

Hello there, Nunt! Me thinks you should gets! Go on over to Zarina's blog and let her know!

Hi Lori! Thanks, glad you like 'em!

Hi Marilyn, thanks! I thought that particular heart pattern would show off the colorway's flow to it's best advantage.

Thank you, Carol! I appreciate your nice comment about the photography! Most days I have to wait until just the right time of day to take those photos, LOL! I only have a window of a few hours each day to get just the right sunlight angles so I appreciate that.

Thanks, Victoria. I am glad you like the colors and the tatting.

Hi Gerry, thanks! Glad you stopped by!

Hi there Snap! Yes, I thought it was so neat to have the chance to test tat them, too!

Dolores said...

Beautiful colours.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

These are just beautiful! Each one is like a tiny rainbow.

Cindy said...

Beautiful, beautiful thread colors! Thread envy here :) I still need to try that little ruffled heart - I like it in every thread I've seen.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colors! I would love to work with those threads.

Tatskool said...

Beautiful.

IsDihara said...

Such marvelous muted colors from Malaysia! Orchid Garden is calling to me. Were all your test tats 6-cord threads? I thought Omega waas a 3-cord thread, but it seems odd that they wouldn't all be 6-cord threads. Your thoughts?

paperbird said...

I love the orchid garden- the colors are so pretty.

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Very beautiful motifs and colorways!

Jo :)

Barb said...

Hi Miss TattingChic,

Love the colors and I always love your work.

hugs,
Barb

tattytiara said...

Orchid garden takes my breath away.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Tatt Chic, Oh what gorgeous colors of HDT. I love them all and especially the tatted treasures you made to test them. I bet you had fun.
What a great show and tell. Thank you for sharing these beautiful threads.
See you soon, have a great week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Those are just beautiful threads! Love those colorways and love the ruffled hearts too!!

zarina said...

Isdihara - I've double checked the Handy Hands website and yes, "NOTE this is a soft threads. Mercerized, 100% cotton, 6-cord cordonnet thread"

Tracy said...

Those jewel-bright color combinations and shine are just scrumptious...those are very elegant colorways--BIG WOW! The heart pattern showcase the threads beautifully! Thanks for sharing your fun finds, TattingChic! Happy Week :o) (HUGS))

Anonymous said...

TattingChic,

Wondering. I do not do tatting, but do crazy Quilting. I really like the threads you shared from Zarnia, lucky you. I was wondering if the threads can be used for embroidery? If so what size would you compare it to lets say a Perle cotton?


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Wendy said...

You are so lucky to be able to tat such wonderfully coloured threads. The tatting is beautiful.

Cathy Prew said...

The thread colors are sweeeet! Your tatted creations with the thread are lovely. Tatting is quite beautiful work, and though I don't tat, I just may give it a try! And a great big heap of "thank you" for stopping by my blog!

Sarah said...

Those colors are gorgeous! I love the way the motifs came out. It makes me wish I had extra $ to buy HDT.
Sarah

LiLi M. said...

These colors and your tatting work are amazing!!

The Victorian Parlor said...

My goodness those are some of the most beautiful tatted creations I have seen! They are just gorgeous! I love the colors:).

Blessings,

Kim

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

They are all such pretty colours and I love them all, I can't pick a favourite.
the ruffled heart is wonderful.

Hugs
Carolyn

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Beautiful threads and a perfect way to showcase them with the ruffled hearts. You definitely have mastered the pattern! It has new techniques I'd like to try.

Heather said...

Hey Tatting Chic.... oh but these are lovely threads... and of course, your beautiful tatting only enhances the beauty of them.... Hugs.

Tigger said...

Those are beautiful threads. I'm going to try that pattern for some little doo-dads for my coat. I have some fancy colored threads that might look nice. Your blog is wonderful. I'm glad I wandered over here.