Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Happy Accident!

In my last blog post I showed some tatted heart motifs done up in Zarina's new HDT colorways.
As I was tatting away I set my thread winder down on the coffee table to take a quick break. It landed right next to a ball of Lizbeth brand thread I happened to have out. I noticed that it seemed to coordinate very nicely quite by accident! It made me happy to see that an HDT all the way from Malaysia went well with a regular ball of thread I can purchase any old time! It was a "Happy Accident"! I then happened to find another ball of Lizbeth thread that went well with one of the other HDT's of Zarina's!

Well, OF COURSE I had to tat them up together!

Let me show you the results of these Happy Accidents!


If you would like to contact Zarina about purchasing her lovely hand dyed threads you can contact her by email at concerningzarina@gmail.com



~*~

This is Zarina's "By the Sea" on the butterfly
thread winder set next to a ball of Lizbeth
thread. It is "Country Turquoise Med" #661.


***
Since I am working on my second round of
The 25 Motif Challenge
I think I'll count these 2 motifs in
as I haven't done them before.

***



I tatted them up together in a design by Mary Konior.
This is called "Mixed Bouquet" from her book
A Pattern Book of Tatting.

Motif #14 Mixed Bouquet
The rings facing outward are all in
"By the Sea" HDT by Zarina.
The rings facing inward and all chains are
tatted with Lizbeth "Country Turquoise Med".

***
The butterfly threadwinders
were a lovely gift from Tattycat
last year! You can read more
about them here

***

The second Happy Accident was with
Zarina's "Pink Rose" thread. Here it is on
the thread winder next to the Lizbeth
brand ball of thread called "Leaf Green Lt" color #683.



I tatted up another design of Mary Konior's
called "Looped Sprig" from the same book.
A Pattern Book of Tatting
is now out of print.

Motif #15 Looped Sprig
All the chains are in the Lizbeth "Leaf Green Lt" and
all rings are in "Pink Rose". Yes, it just so happened
that I lucked out that the "leaf rings" ended up
as the green portion of the "Pink Rose" colorway!

~*~

Happy Accidents are the best kind of accidents! Have you had a happy accident lately?




XOXO

30 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Anonymous said...

Your work is exquisite & the threads are stunning together!! Nothing nicer than a Happy Accident!!
Hugs,
Marilyn

Lori said...

i love when stuff like that happens...those look lovely!!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your happy accidents look lovely together! Of course, you chose the perfect patterns to show off the threads!

Thelma said...

Beautiful colors and tatting!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Chic gal!

The threads from Malaysia are magnificent! I thought "by the sea" was my favorite but I love them all. You had to be so thrilled beyond belief when you received them. The pieces you're making with them are gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous!!

Have fun with your new colors!
Hugs, Sherry

Thanks for your sweet comments on our home. We have fun with it!

Cathy said...

Just beautiful. I love the colors and the designs. Your tatting is stunning.

xo Cathy

Snap said...

Happy Accidents aren't accidents me thinks! Beautiful, beautiful!

zarina said...

You are not referring to my latest HDT - which I titled my post 'A happy accident'.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Great color combinations, and I adore your butterfly thread winder!

Unknown said...

Hi Marilyn, thank you. Glad you like the color combos. I agree...nothing is nicer than a "Happy Accident".

Hi Lori, it is fun when that happens. Thanks on the nice comment!

Hi Diane, thank you! Aren't Mary Konior's designs lovely?

Thank you, Thelma!

Hi Sherry! Thank you. I am glad you like the colors and the tatting. You do have a lovely home and it's always a pleasure to visit your blog. Your visits here are always a pleasure, too!

Thank you so much for your very sweet comment, Cathy! You are so kind and I appreciate it!

Yes, Snap, me thinks there may be some truth to that!

Hi Zarina, you are right, I am not referring to your post, LOL! Happy Accidents can happen all the time to all people all over the world...our posts at the same time entitled "Happy Accident" are just proof of another Happy Accident ...ha ha ha! ☺ ☺ ☺

Hi Jeanne! Thank you! I knew my artsy bloggy friends (and "artsy bloggy friend" is a compliment, you know) would love the thread winders! I'm so glad you stopped by

tattrldy said...

The colors go so well together! They pieces you made with them show them off very well, too. Lovely, lovely! If accidents must happen, may they all be on this order!

Barb said...

Your happy accident was no accident. I think it was a gift.

hugs,
Barb

Kathy Raker said...

Love each one! I'm glad your accidents turn out better than mine.

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty! The threads work so well together. Thanks for your wonderful photos too.

Tatskool said...

The colours look great together, more just plain style than happy accident..nothing you do happens by accident!

LiLi M. said...

Great combo!! No, we never have accidents over here everything is carefully planned...LOL

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Everything happens for a reason, even accidents!

Victoria xx

Cindy said...

Wow! Talk about perfect accidents. Beautiful colored HDT made even better :) And I love your threadwinders!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Tatt Chic,
Well I love your happy accidents. Beautiful colors together and gorgeous designs. I think your accidents have something to do with talent and an eye for the colors.

Always gorgeous work my friend.
Have a great evening.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Tattycat said...

Beautiful tatting and HDT's. Thanks for the plug!

Fox said...

Don't you love synchronicity! Those threads are great together.

Your stitches are so perfectly executed. Tonight, I took a long look at the motifs, which are so pretty, and admired your talented stitching! It is a pleasure to see your tatting.
Fox : )

Singtatter said...

Very good match! I just received the By the Seaside thread and is still wondering how/what to tat, great to see how you used it :)

Kathy Raker said...

Thanks for your comment on the moderation emails. I looked at those settings a dozen times. I put in an invalid email address for notification. The first part was correct but the wrong provider. DUH!!!

Debbie S. said...

Happy Accidents! I fell like you have just 'invented' a new catch phrase!! Hope it catches on! Very pretty ... and I think you are the perfect 'tester'... you really brought out the colors and the possibilities!

sewmuchfun4 said...

Hi Tatting Chic!
While pairing the threads together may have happened by accident, your use of the threads in these motifs is very skillful. The mixed bouquet has impact with the variegated thread around the outside edge - SO PRETTY! And your looped sprig is SWEET!

Variegated thread seems to be like the color yellow in a quilt - you have to know how to use it effectively. I have not broken the code yet!

:) Ann

Heather said...

Lovely... as usual... and your ability to effectively create something so attractive out of "an accident" is "no accident" - you've got talent! Hmmmm.... I have to wonder what do you do with all your lovely tattings - you always seem to be making something new. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Yes, a beautiful accident indeed. Don't you just love it when it happens? :-)

Angela said...

Love it all! I have not been able to get in and stay in your site forever. It kept freezing up on me. I always had problems downloading the blog, took forever. Then someone suggested I use Firefox. I know! I am so old school with my IE habit. But I am a blog reading fool right now. So much to catch up on. Love all the motifs you have made. As always.

Tigger said...

That worked out fabulously! I'll have to get out my needles and thread this weekend and start brushing up again. I'll definitely show off the tatting parts though I know they'll show my beginner status. LOL

.Trudi Sissons said...

Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and commenting plus clarifying 'tatting' versus 'bobbin' laces. I have been looking for resources on tatting and hand made laces and NOW I know where to come!

Your work is exquisite and wonderful to view.