Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Fabulous Force Field of Friendship

Hello there bloggy friends, pals and buddies! Newcomers are also welcome!

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't blogged for a little while! It's true... I haven't, LOL! You are very observant if you noticed that! I'd like to thank all my bloggy friends who left comments or sent an email! Thank you so much for your virtual friendship, love, and support!

The truth is, I haven't been feeling my best. I cannot tell you how much your comments and friendships mean to me! Each one has helped me feel a boost of loving energy that I have needed from time to time.

Today I wanted to share a very special gift that a very special lady has shared with me!
Some of you may know Marie Antoinette of Dolls by Marie Antoinette. She makes the loveliest dolls and often creates a very special vignette with those dolls. Well, this special lady was kind enough to share her very lovely talent with me in the most generous gesture! She is giving one of her dolls to me!

I just happened to be reading this post on her blog which tells about her dogs, the T-shirts she makes, and her Christmas tree creation. This is one multi-talented lady, let me tell you! Well to my utter surprise somewhere in the middle of the blog post I read something that said:

"Attention TattingChic!!!!"

This was followed by 4 lovely photos of some of her dolls with an explanation that she was giving me one of those dolls of my choosing! I was blown away! Thank you, Marie Antoinette! WOW!

Well, if you go over to her blog and look at those dolls you will see 4 beautiful dolls in 4 lovely vignettes and, I have to say, it was a very hard decision! They are all so lovely!

Below you will see the doll I chose:


Isn't she lovely? I love the wicker chair, the white dress, the kitty cat, and the gazebo style of the area she is sitting it with the beautiful vines covering it. It's a peaceful area in a lovely garden scene! There are also so many sweet details (if you click to enlarge the photo) like the birdie in the top left corner of the roof of the gazebo and the kitty cat resting leisurely at her feet! It's so sweet!

Marie Antoinette, I cannot thank you enough for your kindness and generosity, not to mention your loving and suppportive emails! Thank you so much! Your kindness has meant more to me than I can say and has really helped me during a time where I am not feeling "up to par".


Thank you, bloggy friends, for stopping by to say hello! As you may already very well know comments are always welcome here at TattingChic! Hope you have a fabulous day and thank you for letting me share my special gift from a friend with you!

Oh, and one last thing:

May the Force be with you!


XOXO

37 absolutely fabulous things were said:

IsDihara said...

So glad to read your latest post, Chic! And what a lovely gift from Marie Antoinette. The "force" is indeed strong.

LiLi M. said...

Great to see you back here!! And isn't Toni a doll herself? She has outdone herself again! Enjoy!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a lovely, thoughtful gift! It's sure to lift your spirits! It's good to see a blog post from you again!

Old Jail Artist said...

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well...your interesting and uplifting posts have been sorely missed. I hope you're feeling better now. The doll is wonderful; thank you for the introduction to a fun new blog.

Cindy said...

Glad to see you back! Your doll is so sweet - what a wonderful gift.
The Force IS strong :)
Best Wishes to you.

Heather said...

So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling up to par.... very glad to see you back here, we've missed you! What a lovely and thoughtful gift, so many little details in it.... Hugs.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I hope you feel tip top soon! You are so missed in blog land. What a thoughtful gift Marie has given you. A sweet lady for a sweet lady!! Take Care!!

Crazy Mom! said...

Hey Chickie baby - get to feeling better! We've missed you out in blog land. And what a nice present you have received! Bloggers are the BEST.

May the farce, er, FORCE be with you....

Fox said...

Chiclet!
So very happy to see a post from you!

What a lovely, thoughtful gesture. I am sure you will enjoy your choice.

Sending ♥♥♥
Fox : )

Dolores said...

I did wonder where you've been. Hope you're over what you had. What a great gift you got.

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

What a beautiful gift! I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Jo :)

Jessica Rodarte said...

I'm bummed to hear you haven't been feeling well! Ugh! I hope you feel more like yourself lickety-split!
The doll is so sweet! What a lovely gift.
I'm yelling throughout this comment with all the exclamation points! (!!!) I'm just so happy to see you posting! I've missed you!! Okay. I'll stop.


!!!!!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I was hoping you were on an extended vacation somewhere, but I also worried that you weren't feeling well. You were commenting on blogs (including my own), so I also thought you just might be taking a well-deserved sabattical, as Gina is doing. It's amazing how frequently both of you post, and also amazing how you respond to everyone's comments.

Please just take it easy and concentrate on getting well, and post when you feel up to it.

This IS a very sweet doll! She almost looks like she's holding a tatting shuttle!

Anonymous said...

The doll is a lovely gift. I hope you feel better soon.

The Victorian Parlor said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better! What a lovely gesture from Marie Antoinette-the doll is beautiful! I have visited her blog and she is truly talented!

Blessings,

Kim

Free Art Printables said...

It's good to see you back Chickee!!!I hope you are feeling better soon!

Tatskool said...

We missed you soooh much.....but it is almost worth being under the weather to get a gift like that. It's exquisite....what a talent.
Hope you will be back to your bloggy self real soon.

Umintsuru said...

Welcome back TattingChic. You haven not blogged for some time now but you have been visiting your blogging friends. Yes, I have noticed. Hope you feel better.
Woo hoo for the doll. What a lovely gift and surprise for you. Do take care!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hello Desr Sweet Friend!!!
I can see you are in better spirots already.Thank you for your lovely words and thank you all kindly.You are a special lady Tats,
I know the doll will go to a good home.
You take care Hon.I'll email you soon
XXOO Marie Antionette

Bella Sinclair said...

Awwwww, TattingChic. You know, I was thrilled to see so many comments from you a few days ago. I knew you hadn't posted in a while, but I had assumed that you were having too much fun, enjoying life away from the computer. I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Ohhh, my dear, I'm sooo sorry. This doll is the perfect pick-me-up, I must say. What an incredible and daintily detailed piece, and so very thoughtful of Ms. Antoinette.

I hope you feel better soon. xoxo

Angela said...

Hope you are truly feeling better. Being sicky is soooooo not fun! What a wonderous gift. I love dolls!

Elyse said...

hello, hello! how fun to find a new post from you. i hope all is well and :)

what a lovely gift!

xo
elyse

Ces Adorio said...

I don't know what made me read a comment you left on my blog last year! You left a poem and I read it again. You left it on a birthday post for my husband. It made me teary eyed rereading it again.

I came here and then find out that you have not been well. I am sorry to hear it. I hope you are feeling better.

Yes blog friends do surprise us sometimes.

Just imagine, the poem you shared totally changed my outlook today. Now I am very happy.

I hope you fell better Tatting Chic. Something told me to open that post today. Maybe it was your angel, or my angel telling me to say hello and cheer you up.

Hellooooooooooooo!!!

xoxo

Sally Kerson said...

Now I did post a comment yesterday but it disappeared off the screen and left an error grrr. Back again for another try! Have missed your interesting posts Chiclet and now looking forward to them returning. Thanks for visiting my blog and hope you will be feeling full of the joys of Spring soon. The sun will start shinning, for you and everyone.

Lace hearts said...

So sorry you've not been too good. Happy to see you posting!

Barb said...

Hi Miss Tatting Chic,

Thank you for the email.
I'm sorry you have not been up to par.
Your doll is tres chic- a lovely doll for a lovely doll from a lovely doll.

Big hugs,
Barb

Lori said...

so happy to see you posting:) what a sweet SWEET thing that Marie Antionette gifted you with one of her dolls...what a nice and giving thing to do...i know you will treasure that always...

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

So glad to see you back!
You have been missed and I really hope that you are feeling better.
Love the doll that Marie Antoinette gave you, she is such a sweet Lady.
Take care and so good to see a post from you.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Tatt Chic,
Oh I have been missing you so much and today was thinking of you. What a lovely post and tribute to friendship. Oh the doll you choose from Marie is gorgeous. She is one talented lady and that doll is wonderful. I know you will enjoy it so much.

So hope you feel better dear friend. Take good care and yes, the force is strong!!

Big hugs, Celestina Marie

Tattips said...

You have been missed, its nice you are back with a new post. The gift is lovely!

Unknown said...

Oh I am so glad I stopped by! I hope that you are doing better and that with SPRING coming it will bring you many happier days ahead! You have always been such a sweet and wonderful blogging friend to me..thanks!

God bless!
Lorena

paperbird said...

Oh I am you are feeling better- sometimes we just need a break. Life can make us just a little weary but I hope your spirits will be uplifted- send sweet blessing your way :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog ..... it's amazing and soooo inspiring. Nice to find you!

A small footprint from Agneta & Sweden

Ps. I have an ongoing jewelry contest on my blog. Welcome! Ds

Bella Sinclair said...

They were only feeding me strawberries in my dreams. Mostly, they were just poking me.

Awww, I'm much better now. How are YOU? Hope you're feeling better, too.

xoxo

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

I'm sad to hear that you've been sick and hope you are feeling better. Your posts are missed my dear....may God keep you well. ~LA

Tara said...

Glad to see you back I'm trying to get back in the swing of things myself. What a beautiful gift!

Teena in Toronto said...

Very lovely :)

Happy blogoversary :)