Friday, April 2, 2010

Another Happy Belated International Tatting Day Post

Happy International Tatting Day one day late! For those of you who tat and know that April 1st is International Tatting Day this is old news! For those of you who didn't know this then this is fabulous and exciting news and I am so glad to be the one to break it to you! On tatting day it is requisite that you tat something for yourself and eat all the chocolate you like! I had to work yesterday so while I was much too tired to tat when I got home I did sneak a little chocolate on my break! I just wanted to wish all the tatters in tat-land a Happy Belated International Tatting Day!

In honor of the big day here is a photo of some tatting that I took 2 years ago on April 1, 2008. While I posted it later on a different post, I did happen to take in on a tatting day of that year!





My two year blogoversary giveaway is still going on! Be sure to comment on that post to be counted for the give away and read the rules on that post to understand how to qualify to enter! It's easy ~ just have a blog and comment on that post! There's still plenty of time, too! I'm giving away a "Learn to Tat Book", a tatting shuttle, and about 10 yards of size 10 Manuela Brand thread! You have until 12 noon PST (Pacific Standard Time) on this coming Easter Sunday to enter!

Be sure to say hello before you hop away this Easter weekend!


XOXO

20 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Charmingdesigns said...

Hi Sweet girl. Well, I'm going to be heading down your way..We're moving back to CALIFORNIA!! I dont know when, we have been putting out tons of resumes, We're checking into a job in Culver City. Not my first choice, but we have to take what we can get.My crafting has been put on hold for a while

Blue Damask said...

Happy International Tatting Day! - belated too..

Just to say hello before I go back to my den and enjoy 2 new threads I bought yesterday.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Just HAD to hop on by to let you know again how COOL that tatted 3-D egg is!
Also, very cute photo with the lamp and the bunny!

I believe you know I created a 3-D egg many years ago (I hope to feature it this weekend in my blog), but it doesn't have nearly as much tatting as yours, and I did mine in 2 sections.

You indicated you used the 'balloon' trick to shape it. I'm still trying to figure out how you got a balloon in there!

Sure hope you have a nice Easter. It's so generous of you to offer Janette's book as a giveaway.

We're having 'California' weather here in Western PA right now, and I sure wish we had it year 'round!

Umintsuru said...

Thank you for visitng. Hope you had a good chocolate treat and hope you are feeling better. It was just reported that a small square of dark chocolate each day can help keep blood pressure in check. More excuse to eat chocolate.

Bella Sinclair said...

Happy International Tatting Day! Do they ever say Happy IT Day? I am only a tatter by association, so I am only allowed to half-celebrate. I will pick the chocolate half, thank you.

Have a great Easter weekend!

Unknown said...

Hey there, Laurie, we'll have to email each other, friend!

Hi Blue Damask! Thank you! Your 2 new threads sound lovely!

Hi Kathy thank you for hopping on by! Like you, I made my 3-D egg many years ago. In fact, it's been about 17 years ago. You stick a deflated balloon in with a metal crochet hook! Then you blow it up! That's how you do it! Thanks for the nice Easter wishes! I sure hope you have a nice Easter, too!

Hi Umintsuru! Yes and the riboflavins in dark chocolate can help decrease inflammation...in moderation, of course! I'm thinking of getting some Lavender infused dark chocolate at a little chocolate shoppe I know...hmmm.... It is Easter this weekend you know!

Hello Bella Sinclair! I am full on Tatter and I had to pick the chocolate half due to work and fatigue! Oh, they say Happy ITD which I think is a cop out if you ask me! LOL! ;) I think it is a cop out because there are so many people who don't know what tatting is that when we say it and we use too many abbreviations without explaining what the abbreviation is that we alienate our non-tatter or new-to-tatting readers when we do too many abbreviations...I'm just sayin'

now...back to my chocolate...in moderation, of course! Oh HAPPY DAY!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Happy Easter!

Victoria xx

LiLi M. said...

Happy belated international tatting day and wishing you and your family a happy Easter!

Jeff Hamilton said...

Happy Belated International Tatting Day, Chiclet!!!!! Too bad you didn't get to tat, but I'm glad you got to have some chocolate. I had to work that day as well. But I did manage a little tatting.

Have a Happy Easter, Tattingchic!

Linda said...

Tatting and eating chocolate on International Tatting Day is a wonderful tradition....I love it.

Happy Easter....have a blessed day...hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! Your tatted egg is wonderful.

Unknown said...

Thanks Florence and Mary! Happy Easter to you, too!

Thank you, Lili M!

Hi Jeff! I am glad you managed to squeeze some tatting in even though you had to work! I sure was doggone tired that day after working!

It is a wonderful tradition, Linda! I love it, too! Happy Easter to you and yours, too!

Happy Easter, Yarnjourney! Thanks about the tatted egg!

Draffin Bears said...

Happy belated International tatting Day!
Wishing you a blessed Easter, TattingChic.

Hugs
Carolyn

Paula C. said...

Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Carolyn! Happy Easter to you, too!

Happy Easter, Paula!

rochambeau said...

Happy International Tatting Day Tatting Chic AND Happy Easter!
Mush Joy to you and your family.
xox
Constance

Deepa said...

Hello...
Our Easter is almost over..its 10 P.M Sunday night now. Just came over to see if the winner has been announced.Almost 150 entries!!! wow!!

Happy Easter!!
Regards from India,
Deepa

Unknown said...

Thank you, Constance and Happy Easter to you, too!

Hi Deepa! I know, Almost 150 entries! It has really slowed down! There are 2 more hours to go until noon here and I will close the contest then on that blog posts and announce the winner later this afternoon! It will be after midnight in India for you! So sorry! Happy Easter to you, too!

Margarets designer cards said...

Belated Happy international tatting day, well here in the uk we only have showers and sun and not very warm, you are lucky to live in california where I hear the sun always shine. Been away for Easter and only managed to tat a cross, I hope you had a lovely easter and will be visitng your blog again soon, and also I joined the intatters thanks to you Margaret UK

Unknown said...

Hi Margaret! Be sure to "friend" me over at InTatters! Lucky you feeling well enough to tat a cross! Glad you got that done! I'm off to check out your blog to see if you showed if off!