Wednesday, October 13, 2010

An Impending Death...

Dear friends,

Sorry about the morbid title, but I've got some very sad news to share with you! A very dear friend of mine is dying. This friend is like family I spend so much time with this dear friend! I fear the end is near for this poor, dear friend. When the end finally comes for this friend I'm afraid I won't be online as much... at least for a little while.
I know I promised I wouldn't be gone for long, but I'm afraid I have no choice.
You see it's my computer....it's dying. When it's gone I won't be able to get online until I can afford to get a new one.

...sniff...

....sniff...

It is a very dear friend....or at least all my friends live in it! You folks do! My blog buddies! I'm willing to take donations! HA HA H!!!

Well, here's a picture of some tatting to cheer us all up!


It's a Celtic Style bookmark.
It's called "Celtic Bookmark".
The design is by LaRae Mikulecky

I showed a different version on
this blog post here.
I tatted this particular bookmark
a few years ago.


I added the padded cord and motif. Here's a close up below:


There, now don't you feel better after seeing some tatting? I know I do...sorta... I wish my computer wasn't dying...I do enjoy spending time with all of you!

XOXO

27 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Tattips said...

I am relieved, its just your computer. I wish someone gifts you a computer...keep your fingers crossed.

Karen T said...

Sorry to hear about your computer. I don't think I could live without mine. On another note, I remember seeing LaRae's bookmark years ago and wanting to tat it. It is so gorgeous!! I need to dig through my patterns and give it a try soon.

Unknown said...

Thanks Tattips! That's a very nice wish! Wouldn't that be wonderful if someone did that! Well...back to reality!

Hi Karen...Yes...I really spend a lot of time with...I mean on... my computer! I mean, blogging, facebook, twitter, tatting forums, you name it! Mostly Facebook lately I have to admit! I think I'd go bonkers without it!
I love this bookmark pattern. If I can find the link I'll edit and add it to the post! ;)

Patty C. said...

Oh my gosh :0 - don't do that -
I am so glad it's just the computer -

By the way - the bookmark is gorgeous :)
Have a great day

Typstatting said...

Oh my how sad that it will be your computer! I'll miss you anyway love the bookmark!

Miranda said...

Such a pain when the computer goes. Just make sure you back everything up while you still can.

Love the bookmark!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone has a spare computer they can send your way!

Sewingadicta said...

My lord! Where to do grants? I've been a long time without admiring your beautiful work, not again, please ....

Gina said...

Nice bookmark. That was one of the first things I tried to tat many years ago. I never finished it, deciding it was too bulky for my books, but I did like the pattern. I should try to use it in another way.

Computers have a way of doing that...maybe it just needs a tune-up.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Chic!

I was so happy to see you posted and now this... oh girl I wish I were rich in these cases, you'd have the best $$ could buy!! Throw a mum on it for me when you have the funeral.

Love the bookmark, absolutely gorgeous! I've missed seeing your work and the work of others. The tatting shuttles are beautiful, so delicate looking but such a lasting thing.

Blessings & hugs to you!! Sherry

Crazy Mom! said...

Shall we all lay hands on the computer and pray over it?
My OLD desktop died this spring, had to buy a new one. I saved the hard drive, so I didn't lose anything.

Margarets designer cards said...

You had me going there, I am sorry ot hear your computer is dying and I hope you can get another soon, as its long since you did some bloging I dont think we can wait that long again to see you in blog land. Margaret

Linda said...

Hi
I love your work. What book/pattern do you use for the multi-color work? I've done some tatting, just beginner designs, and I've never seen book, etc. for anything so intricate.
Linda

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh!The death of a beloved comunication comptuer is never a good thing! I am sad to say, I lost you when I replaced mine...so I am sooooo glad you got a hold of me.
How are you dear friend. Your vintage shuttles are exquisit.
how do I go about visiting you on facebooK. I havent used it much.
So good to hear from you!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the pre-condolences, friends! Gina, I wish it just needed a tune up! It's been circling the drain for a while now and I'm afraid the end is near! I used perle cotton and somehow this bookmark didn't end up so bulky! It's rather light. When I did it in cordonnet or regular crochet cotton it's stiff and bulky.

Tatskool said...

Aw shucks...that's not fair!

StringyDogs said...

Oy Vey!!! That is some bookmark. I could not imagine keeping all those levels straight. You must have an extraordinary sense of 3-D. I am so impressed.
You seem so calm about the computer. By the time one dies on me, I am ready to see if it will fly like a frisbee - repeatedly.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us!

tattrldy said...

So sorry to hear about your computer, but happy to hear it's only your computer, if you know what I mean. I hope that when the end is peaceful and that it's new incarnation will happen soon thereafter.

God's Kid said...

Your bookmark is awesome! :)

Cindy said...

My condolences! Well, pre-condolences anyway. I think my old desktop is becoming an antique before my eyes as I try to keep up with everything I want to.
S L O W . . .

Beautiful bookmark - looks like it would take a long time!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

Sorry to hear about the computer.
They are such a pain when they are not working.
I lost all our holiday photos when we were in Europe and I was also writing a recipe book. {sigh}
Love the pretty bookmark.

Happy rest of the week
Hugs
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Hello everyone! Thanks for your pre-condolences, LOL! I wish I had more time to respond to individual comments like I used to, LOL!
What seems to be happening is that the screen goes white everytime I turn it on. It used to happen that it would turn white a few times and then restart after maybe the 5 time I turned it on. Now It does it after an hour of turning it on...it's BAD...I know...it's time for a new computer. Everytime I am able to start it...it is a MIRACLE! LOL!

Well, I found the link to the pattern of this bookmark! It seems that I had it from an old blog post! Guess what! LaRae M. Is a friend of mine on Facebook, too! You are welcome to friend me on facebook as well! I go by "TattingChic" If you've tried to friend me and I've ignored your request send a little message that you know me from my blog and I'll be sure to friend you. I tend to ignore request that don't show much information about their profile or show no photos or have nothing in common with me. However if you are a fellow artist or something and have lots of photos available about your craft I tend to accept those friend requests! :D
(((hugs))) to all my blog friends and thanks for stopping by!
~TattingChic ♥

Lace hearts said...

Phew, I'm pleased it's your computer and not a relative or friend, but I know you will feel lost if it goes. We are so dependent on our computers now, aren't we. I hope you don't disappear for long. I love to pop in occasionally and see what you're up to, though I rarely get time to stop and leave comments in the way I used to.
I'll try and find you on f/b. I used it for my Sew Happy shop, but I'm not very good at it. Lovely tatting as always. All very very chic!

Fox said...

Hi,Chiclet,

Sorry about the computer - I know how you feel. Mine is exhibiting some nasty moves too.... Grief!

The shuttle with the pansy is from LaCossette. I KNOW you have the website already!

Pretty nice bookmark!

♥♥ Fox : )

tattrldy said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog TattingChic, I'm so glad that you like my doily! I would be honored if you shared it on your blog and FB, too. :-)

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

OH no, oh no!! I think a new computer is in your future, I am certain yes yes!! Just believe, and it will turn up!

I have missed you sweet friend!! ♥, Vanessa {A Fanciful Twist}

Bella Sinclair said...

Oy oy oy! You had me all worked up! Oy!

Okay. Breathe.

Still...your computer...it is so essential. I don't know what I would do without mine. Hey, Christmas is coming up. Perhaps Santa? And by the way, I really do hope you have your files backed up.

Such a pretty bookmark! Beautiful colors in it!