Saturday, May 31, 2008

Progress on Doily ~ Rounds 3 and 4 Completed



Here is the progress I've made on the doily that we are doing at eTatters for the Doily Tat-a-Long. I've finished rounds 3 and 4 that you see here.
The Tat-a-Long was initiated by Melissa and myself. Anyone is welcome to join and post their progress at eTatters, if they would like. We've had quite a few joiners and it's actually been fun! I must warn you
THIS IS NOT YOUR GRANDMOTHER'S DOILY TAT-A-LONG!
Don't ask....just read the comments... at the tat-a-long forum.
Well, that's all for now folks. I'm starting on round 5 and since it's just chains I'll probably finish rounds 6 and 7 as well. I cannot believe I am blogging about doilies...if someone told me 5 years ago that someday I'd have a blog about doilies I would have laughed in their face.
Newcomers and comments are always welcomed here at TattingChic...a little blog about doilies. I just can't believe it!!! I'm okay with being in touch with my "inner grandma".
The Link for the doily is found here.

29 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Susanne said...

ROFLOL.
Welcome back to the world of tatting doilies - and it looks really good.

Marilee Rockley said...

Ooooh! Pretty! I like this design.

Unknown said...

I think it's even funnier that of all people, YOU were the first to comment...LOL. Thank you, Susanne ;)

Thank you, Yarnplayer. I'll bet it would look great in one of your beautiful HDT's! I'm glad you stopped by.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

WOW! I'm tempted to give up my Iris Niebach doily to work on this one. Not really... but this sure is beautiful!

Trish said...

looks very pretty xxx

Unknown said...

Darn! You had me for a second there, Diane. It would be great if you joined us, but I understand your not wanting to give up your WIP (Work In Progress). Thanks for the compliment.

Thank you, Trish.

Melissa said...

HAHAHA And HEY I thought you liked them after all...you know...if you don't like doilies so much...you can send them to ME!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

So pretty! Thanks for the visit. I will get pics of my church and a little of it's history up on my site soon!

Unknown said...

Melissa,You are soooooo funny! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL right back atcha... :)

Unknown said...

Thank you, Elle. Your blog has some beautiful posts on it. Let me know when you do your post about your antique church. I'll revisit soon.

OmonSan said...

This is soooo beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest!

You do such lovely things!

Unknown said...

Thank you,Omon! I appreciate your kind words so much. :)

Marty said...

Yours is looking very pretty. Quite puts my hairy little interpretation to shame! Perhaps I should have tried traditional white...or larger thread.

Unknown said...

Marty, I think your doily turned out quite pretty that you tatted. Picot's and all. It is a very pretty color, too. I would LOVE to see it "finished" once you get your ends tied and get it blocked I think it'll look much more beautiful than you are giving yourself credit.

Mandie said...

Wow, your doilie is beautiful!! You must be a patient person. I tried knitting and loved it but it took soooo long to complete a project. Your website is beautiful. Thank you for the nice words on my blog!! I will be back...

Unknown said...

Hi Mandie, I don't know if I'm patient as much as I like to tat. Thanks for visiting and leaving a nice comment. I hope you do come again!

Unknown said...

TattingChic your doily is looking wonderful. I think this is a pattern for me to do after I finish the monster doily I am doing now. It is nice to see more people getting involved in the tatting of doilies. Yes they remind me of my grandmother but now with hand dyed thread and new techniques I find they are a nice challenge and even dare I say up to date.

Unknown said...

Thanks Clyde. Yes, I think you might really enjoy tatting this one after you are finished with your large one. With only 8 rounds it might actually be refreshing for you to tat it! LOL

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Tatting Chic, Your doily is progressing well. Very pretty. I also wanted to say that Melissa's CQ block she sent you is beyond gorgeous and of course her tatting is extremely lovely like yours. It is very sad that I can not seems to get the technique of tatting mastered. vbg Oh, well, I will keep trying. Hugs Judy

Unknown said...

Hi Judy,
Thanks for your very nice comments and for visiting today. Let's see what we can do to help you with your tatting. Most people have a hard time with getting that "switch" or "flip" of the threads when making a double stitch. That is the most important part of tatting and the most difficult and oddly one of the FIRST things you have to learn. Let me know if this is the problem or not and maybe I can help you find some videos online to help with that.

Paul Sears said...

I have to laugh at your last comment. I feel exactly the same way about photography! It had always been a hobby for years and years, so who ever thought... Anyway, it's really beautiful and I'm going to show my wife - she and her mom are both big crafters, so i know they will love it. It's just wonderful to surf around and see everyone's labors of love and how beautiful they come out.

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

That's a beautiful doily and the background really presents it well!

Unknown said...

Hi Paul Sears Photography. Thanks for stopping by and making such a thoughtful comment. I hope you do show your wife and MIL. That would be great.

Hello Grizzly Mountain Arts. Thanks you for the compliments on both the doily and the background. I like to mix patterns sometimes.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Hey Doily lover....I love the linky blog! I will check out your tat-along, but I warn you...95% of patterns I attempt, I end up going off on some kind of designing tangent....I just can't help myself.
Is that against the rules?

Unknown said...

ROFLOL...Is it against the rules? Just go look at the forum and see everybody's progress and you will find that MOST of the people on there are going off on their own tangent..they don't like it or it's too this or tooo that for them and so they end up with a completely differently looking doily. It's kinda funny. Go see for your self.....You MIGHT be able to find a link to the forum in that linky post...LOL

Gina said...

I've always loved Rose's doily although this is as far as I would take it. I'm not that crazy about the outer rounds but I love this part. It looks exquisite in white!
:-) Gina

Unknown said...

Thanks Gina, I'm glad you came by for a visit. I like this after the 3rd round, too. The pattern makes a beautiful snowflake. I did finish it this morning and I plan to post it later today.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

If you lived closer, we could have a crafting day and you could teach me how to tat!

Unknown said...

Ele, I would LOVE that. Wouldn't that be a fun thing to do?