Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My First TIAS!

TIAS!?!

What in the heck is a TIAS?
Let me explain, TIAS is the acronym lovingly given by internet tatters worldwide (...and yes, I DO mean WORLDwide) for "Tat It And See".

So without further adieu I give you my first portion of the TIAS #4, day 1!

TAH~DAH!


What is it, you ask?
LOL, well, that's just it!
We have to...

...Tat It And See!

That's what makes TIAS so much fun.
You only get a portion of the pattern
each day.
You have no idea what you are making,
until the very end when it's all done.
If you like to tat and would like to join
in feel free to hop right in.
You don't have to post your
results on the internet to join in the fun.
If you don't have a blog you can always
email the pics to Lady Shuttle Maker.
Her information is on her TIAS day 1 post
and the link to her blog is below.

TIAS was first started by Jane Eborall. This year it is being hosted by Lady Shuttle Maker.
The link for the directions for the TIAS #4, Day 1 are found here.
Photos of results of everyone participating are found on the official TIAS site.
I whipped this little bit of "whatever it is" this evening after work. Being the "rebel" that I am I am tatting in in size 50 thread (a smaller thread) than the size 20 thread (larger thread) that the pattern calls for.
Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment if you feel so inclined. They are always welcome. So glad you are part of my blog-world!
Sincerely,
TattingChic
((hugs))

7 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Singtatter said...

You are fast! Look like a few people have chosen pink, red and purple so far. I have also taken out my purple threads, or maybe I should choose again!

Unknown said...

Hi Singtatter! I'm afraid that the flash washed out a lot of the color. It's kind of a deep fuschia, but doesn't ring true on the screen due to the flash. I love taking photos by natural sunlight, but that's going to be impossible with most of the TIAS as I'll be shooting photos after dark.

rochambeau said...

Hey Tatting C,
Nice little TIAS!
Happy tatting!

xo
Constance

Margie said...

Sounds like fun! I sure wish I knew how to tat, but meanwhile, I'll be keeping an eye on yours to see what it turns out to be! I can't wait!

Margie

Sarah MomE25 said...

Im still working on a tatted edge for a blessing dress. If I had more time, I would love to join in on this. Maybe next time. It sounds like so much fun.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Rocham B! ;)
I'm glad you like the TIAS so far, LOL!
Sincerely,
Tatting C
((hugs))

Hi Suzie, thanks for popping in for a visit.

Hi Margie, I'm glad you stopped by. It will be fun to share it with you.

Hi Sarah, there will be other TIAS's, I'm sure. This is the first one I've been able to participate in for various reasons, myself. Thanks for visiting!

Celestina Marie said...

What a fun idea for all the tatters. I know you will have lots of fun. I can't wait to check back and see TIAS what it is!! Wish I could learn this, but for now a paint brush is always in my hand. LOL!
We are preparing for the winds and storms from the hurricane.
Take care and have fun!
Thanks for stopping by too, always great to see you!
Hugs, Celestina
la rea rose