Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Serendipitous Snowfall

I just love the word "seredipity" It's not only a fun word to say it's also a fun experience when something serendipitous happens! Like today I was looking for some old tatted snowflakes that I tatted and stiffened over 15 years ago. They are just as stiff as the day they dried! They are OLD snowflakes! Since they were just stuck in a tatting box (of many tatting boxes that I have) they were a bit crumpled instead of perfectly flat. Some of them have yellowed from age even though they have not been exposed to much sunlight over the years. I finally found them today. When I did I found something unexpected. I'll show you that at the bottom of this post. I took them out into the afternoon Southern California sun to take photos for you, my blogger friends, so I could show you that it is snowing in So Cal today!

~*~


Yippeeeee!!!
Look everybody!
It's snowing!!!























































































































*
*
*
*

There they are!
My old tatted snowflakes.
Wow! My tatting abilities sure
have progressed over the years, LOL!
( was almost too embarassed to show them to you!)
I had just figured out how to add beads
and I thought I was a veritable tatting
genius because I was the only tatter I knew, LOL!
Then I discovered the internet and "lo and behold"
LOTS of tatters were adding beads to their work.
I'm pretty sure I tatted them all
in size 20 white crochet cotton.
Most likely DMC Cebelia since
that is all I seemed to use back then.
Do any of our fabulous tatters out there recognize any of the patterns?
I hope so because these are so old I can't
even remember where I got the patterns from, LOL!
One of them is even an original design of mine.
Can you guess which one it is???
~*~
So what was so serendipitous today?
~*~
Why these!



These are some snowflakes my older sister

tatted for me when I was a young girl.

They were made anywhere from 20-30 years ago.

Aren't they precious!?!

I haven't seen them in years.

They look like they were tatted in size 10 cotton thread.

They are rather large.

~*~

Thank you for stopping by and playing in the snowfall with me! What serendipitous experience have you had lately? So glad you stopped by to visit! Hope your Christmas season is going along merrily and that you and your families are experiencing lot's of JOY together. I feel so blessed to have my blogging friends. I've really enjoyed visiting different blogs and seeing your beautiful Christmas decorations. Feel free to leave a comment and say hello! I love reading each comment. Hope to visit with all of you very soon!

Merry Christmas!

~TattingChic

Christmas ((hugs)) to all of you, my bloggy friends! :)

86 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

They are all so beautiful,I don't care how old they are.How wonderful.I've had some trouble with my blog,but things are better now,Anyway I want to wish you a very Merry christmas ,Your friendship means the world to me.May god bless you always.Hugs and Christmas kisses Marie Antionette

Peggy said...

Your snow flakes are so pretty!
Maybe someday I will learn to do this.
Have a great Christmas!
Peggy
http://pegslifeinthebuttonjar.blogspot.com/

Celestina Marie said...

Your snowflakes are wonderful. I just love them. You did beautiful work then and now. I have snowflakes on my tree, some very old, that are crocheted and still stiff like the day I received them. I even like the ones that yellow. Makes them look very vintage and pretty against the lights.
I love the different designs you shared. Just gorgeous!
Enjoy your Calif. snowfall. LOL!!

Best wishes for a very Merry Christmas. Celestina Marie

our shabby cottage said...

They are beautiful! and very special too. didn't it actually snow in Las Vegas recently?? It's 34 degrees Celsius here today and HOT!!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love your snowflakes. They look beautiful!
Yes, Serendipty is one of my favorite words! It's a fun word!
Merry Christmas, Lindsey

Mary Ellen said...

Those are GORGEOUS! I have a couple of crocheted snowflakes, but if I ever get around to re-learning how to tat, snowflakes for the tree will be first on my list. I love them!

Unknown said...

Welcome back, Marie Antoinette. It's so nice to have you back. I hope you have no more problems with the blog. Your village is amazing! You have a very Merry Christmas and (hugs) to you, too!

Hi Peggy, welcome to my lil' blog. I hope you do learn to do this someday! Come again, soon, Okay!?

Thank you, Celestina Marie, for your very kind compliments! You are a dear blog friend. I appreciate all the sweet things you have to say when you come to visit.

Hi Our Shabby Cottage! That does sound hot! In So Cal it has been sunny today but COLD! Why, I almost had to put on a light jacket today, LOL!

Hello, Lindsey! Thanks for visiting and wishing me a Merry Christmas! Same to you and yours! I appreciate the sweet comment about the old tatted snowflakes, too!

Hi Mary Ellen! I hope you do relearn to tat! When you do I hope we all get to see the lovely snowflakes you make, too! Hope to see you visit often.

Gina said...

I think they ALL look great! I don't think I have any snowflakes of my own. I seemed to always make them for exchanges or gifts. And yes, it's wonderful that you have the snowflakes tatted for you by your sister!

Anonymous said...

Those are so sweet. I love them - they are a treasure.

Barbara Jacksier said...

Your stars are gorgeous. Years ago, I took a few tatting classes but I never progressed very far. I found that I enjoyed knitting and crocheting more, but I've always wished I learned to tat like a pro... like you!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Your snowflakes are beautiful, as are all the things you make. :)
Wasn't that neat that He led you to the lovely snowflakes that your sister made for you. :)
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Free Art Printables said...

These are fabulous fabulous fabulous! You are so talented!

Unknown said...

Hi Gina, I think I've only just now gotten to a place in my tatting that I feel comfortable giving my tatting to someone else...as most people I know now that I would give it to are also tatters. Back then I gave some to a few people and they didn't tat nor appreciate the time and effort that went into it...so for a time I backed off on tatting them for others, LOL! (a few bad experiences...mumble...mumble...but that's a WHOLE 'nother blog post, LOL!)

Awwwww...thank you, Tinkerverve!

Thanks, Barbara Jacksier. That is really cool that you learned how to tat! I can see how you turned to crochet...it sure goes a LOT faster, LOL! I've seen some beautiful crocheted snowflakes here and there, too!

Hi Stitchy McFloss! Yes, I suppose God did have a hand in it, didn't he!? Thanks for pointing that out. It definately helped me feel more connected.

Thank you for your very sweet comments, Jen R! You're a sweet bloggy friend! ((hugs))!!!

Dianne Long said...

I love them and I want them for my own!! Ok, by next Christmas I am going to learn how to do this tatting stuff and make some snowflacks for my own tree! Have a beautiful Christmas!!

ancolie said...

I find, that your snowflakes are all beautiful!
I didn't know the word Serendipty It's a fun word in french too : sérendipité !

JOYEUX NOEL!!!
Merry Christmas !!!
ancolie

Jane Eborall said...

A vertitable blizzard, my gal, a veritable blizzard!! There's another lovely word to go with serendipity!!!!

Stephanie said...

Cute snowflakes! Those are some interesting patterns. Would you happen to remember where the patterns came from? It's something when you find a piece done years ago and see how much you've progressed since then. I know I'm always amazed when I come across an old, old project.

Ninu said...

pretty pretty snowflakes.really beautiful!!!i will sure make some snowflakes for next christmas if my tatting gets better..
Merry Xmas n happy holidays :)

Unknown said...

Hi Dianne! Thank you for stopping by. That would be totally cool if you do learn to tat! I hope you do.

Thank you for the free French lesson, Ancolie! I love the way the word looks in the french language. I'll bet it is beautiful when spoken as well. Thanks for coming over all the way from France, fellow tatting friend!

Jane, thank you for your veritably lovely comment! Always so nice to have you hop across the pond for a visit!

Thank you, Steph! LOL! I wish I COULD remember where each pattern from, but no, I do not, unfortunately! I wish I did. Perhaps one day when I find all my tatting books (currently in boxes) I will find the patterns. I do know that the 2 snowflakes that are the same pattern (5th and 9th ones down) are patterns I revised from a motif of an old yoke from one of the Priscilla books. I know, it's available in that antique pattern library, but don't know the page it's on. Wait a minute...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=2316800257788156424&postID=5817799712472230566

Copy and paste that link into your browser window, Steph, and scroll down to figure 43. You will see an 8 pointed medallion. That is the pattern I revised to 6 points for a snowflake! That's the only one I know where the pattern is, LOL!

Hi Ninu! Thank you for your sweet comments. There are many easy tatted snowflake patterns out there that are perfect for beginners! They are beautiful, too! You'll be making snowflakes in no time at all! (so to speak...as we ALL know tatting takes time, LOL)

Unknown said...

Who would of thought you would have such a beautiful snowfall in sunny California. Thank you for sharing with us.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I really like the silver beads in the snowflakes. They still look awesome after all these years! I don't know which one is an original but they are ALL very nice....including the precious ones from your sister!

Tatskool said...

LOL! you had me fooled!

As I read down your blog I called out to the House Elf,'It's snowing in California today!!' 'Couldn't be!" he said, (he is a lot smarter than I am!!)

Climate change?????? Nah.

The snowflake collection is wonderful, I don't recognise any of them. The thread looks quite 'hairy'compared to the lovely smooth thread we now use.

MelMel said...

Happy Christmas.....thank you for wishing me better.....maeans a lot....I'm almost there now, back to my old self....xxxx

Kathleen Grace said...

Why on earth would you almost be ambarrassed to show these!? I think they are perfectly wonderful, I can't imagine that they don't have a place of honor on your tree! They are so very beautiful:>) Thanks for sharing your snowfall with us. Merry Christmas to you and yours:>)

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! Hope you have a blessed Christmas!
Ele

Linda said...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Beautiful snowflakes....I was trying to decide on a favorite, but I love them all. The ones from your sister are a treasure...Christmas hugs, Linda

Tat-a-Renda said...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ....

I am not familiar with the weather in So Cal. When was the last time it snowed this heavy and so beautiful? Must be a record or something, LOL.

Marilee Rockley said...

Wow! What a blizzard, LOL. I recognize many of those patterns. Some of them are from the DMC books "Tatting for Today" (1980) and "Festive Tatting" (1983). The ones your sister made are from Crafts 'N Things magazine Oct. 1978. I only know this because I have tatted some of these same patterns myself :-)

Kathy Raker said...

Beautiful snowflakes! How wonderful you were lead to the snowflakes your sister made for you. There was a reason you were digging around for those flakes. Now are you wishing for some snow, teasing us with the snowflake paper? I would be happy to send some your way if you are. Otherwise, you could send some of that warm weather this way.
You know how much I hate winter....

I think you copied the wrong link for Steph. :) You know I have to check out those patterns.

Bumpkin Hill said...

I'm glad you are enjoying my bear's story :) I love your snowflakes, really beautiful :) Merry Christmas, Catherine x

Unknown said...

Thank you, Clyde! Glad you like the snowfall today!

Thank you for your sweet words, Lady Shuttle Maker! When I made the one with the silver beads I thought they looked like Non-pareils...ya know, silver dragees.

Hee hee, Tatskool. That is cute! Thanks for sharing that cute anecdote. Tell the house elf hello from snowy so cal!

Merry Christmas, Melmel! Glad to hear you are on the mend! Thanks for visiting.

Oh, thank you, Kathleen Grace. I guess when you are a perfectionist you notice every uneven little stitch or bump in what should be (in my mind) a smooth row of knotted thread. Thanks for sharing your perspective with me.

Thank you, Ele! You have a very Merry Christmas, too!

Awwwww...thanks, Linda! Merry Christmas to you, too!

LOL, Jon! That is cute that both you and Linda (who commented just before you) thought of the same song. So Cal is usually very sunny and and even 69 - 72 degrees almost through the whole year! It's wonderful here! I tell you what; I am NOT dreaming of a white Christmas and I am totally okay with that, LOL! Thanks for visiting!

Wow, Yarnplayer! I'm impressed! Yes, that would be right...because those were the only books on snowflake patterns that I had then and my sis gave me these snowflakes in the late 70's/early 80's! Very good!!! Still, I too, tatted them myself (except for sister's three) and I couldn't remember which books they were from, LOL!

LOL, Kathy! NO! I am NOT wishing for snow, LOL! Thanks for offering to send some, tho'! Ya know what I think you are right about the wrong link for Steph!
Here is the correctl link:

http://www.antiquepatterns.dreamhosters.com/DeWittPrisTat1.pdf

copy and paste THAT in your browser window, LOL! Scroll down to figure 43...refer to my comment back to Steph, LOL! Thanks for pointing that out, Kathy! it was 2am when I did that. (I couldn't sleep, what can I say?)

Hi Catherine, your bear story is cute. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Merry Christmas to you, too!

debi lynn mattingly said...

GORGEOUS! My favs are the ones with beads...especially the one with the "pearls". Thanks for stopping by sweetie...and good luck tonight on the give away! I will keep my fingers & toes crossed for you...xo...deb

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Tatting Chic, I love your Sunny California Snow Flakes, would you like to trade yours for mine??????? LOL I think those tatted snowflakes look perfect in every way to me. Beautiful weee pieces of art.

I love the word "Serendipitous" too. My DH met in a "Serendipitous Way" and it was Love At First Site. VBG Hugs Judy

csipkelelkű said...

I love your snowflakes! Next year I will filch some ideas from your blog... :)
And thank you for your comment on my blog!
Merry Christmas, and a very happy new year!

Linda said...

These are beautiful. Your work was great then and it's even greater now. Besides that, it's not how good it is, it's what you get out of it...It's the feeling of accomplishment that you created something beautiful by hand out of a piece of string. Not everyone can do it. You have a gift. Merry Christmas and keep on making those beautiful flakes! Hugs, Linda

Martha said...

Just a few of these are from Tatting for Today from DMC, but I haven't found the rest. What a wonderful excuse for you to take an afternoon off and page through all your old pattern books.

Unknown said...

The snow flakes are beautiful, I can see the change in your tatting but they are still awesome. Merry Christmas.

Tattycat said...

What beautiful treasures you have. I am so glad that you found them. I know you especially treasure the ones your sister made for you. Merry Christmas to you!

shabbyfufu said...

How beautiful those are. I have some from my husband's aunt that is now 96 yrs old and recently had to give up her hand work. Warmest Holiday Blessings to you......Janet

Unknown said...

Hi Debi! Thanks for stopping by again. I appreciate the finger-crossing good luck wishes! Ah, well, maybe tomorrow!

Hi Judy! Nice try with the trade, LOL! I think I'll keep mine over yours, but lucky you...you can have both kind of snowflakes with your talent!

Welcome, csipkelelkű! I look forward to your blog posts of snowflakes next year!

Hi, Linda. You are so right about the "what you get out of it"! However, when you're a perfectionist a little bit of that "how good it is" tends to sneak in there now and then, LOL!

Wow, Martha! I'm impressed. Very good. It seems that some of the patterns are from the book you mentioned...now to just find my books, LOL!

Thanks for visiting, Sally! You are perceptive...have an eye for detail. I REALLY notice the difference between my tatting now compared to then.

Hi Tattycat, so nice to have you stop by and visit for a bit. Yes, the ones from my sis are special.

Wow, Janet! That is really special that you have some needlework from your husband's aunt. Are they crocheted or tatted! I know, it would be so cool if you posted what you got from your husband's aunt on your blog! There must be quite a few people who would love to see that.

A Romantic Porch said...

Your tatting ability amazes me! Those snowflakes are so beautiful. Merry Christmas!! xorachel

Natasha Burns said...

Wow they are all so beautiful and I think they are so much more special knowing they are old and loved. They're probably the most amazing tatted snowflakes I've ever seen actually!!
have a lovely Christmas and take care,
Natasha : )

Attic Clutter said...

Oh Tatter they are so beautiful I love them especially the one with the beads on it. How fun to have those your sissy made ,
I love my sis..
and the elves I have are darling aren't they ..glad they reminded you of your grandmother (:) Merry Christmas ~!!
hugs, Patty

CIELO said...

Merry Christmas and warm wishes from our house to yours....

cielo

KatCollects said...

They are beautiful!!! I have some I bought several years ago that are so plain compared to yours. Don't you love when you find treasures you had forgotten about : ) Enjoy your snow, we have about 6 inches of real snow on the ground here, snow is beautiful no matter what form it is in : ) Wishing you a blessed Christmas.
Hugs,
Kathy

Susanne said...

What a pleasant snowfall and not the usual cold and sticky stuff.
Despite tge age the snowflakes you've tatted still looks good.
Merry Christmas, my Californian tatting friend.:-D

Unknown said...

Thank you, Rachel. I appreciate the sweet comment about my tatting. Merry Christmas to you, too!

Ha ha, Natasha, are they the ONLY tatted snowflakes you have ever seen!?! LOL! Hee hee. Thank you, that was very sweet of you to say. Christmas ((hugs)) to you!

Hi, Patty, I appreciate the sweet words about the tatted snowflakes. Thank you for coming over for a visit.

Merry Christmas, Cielo!

Hi, Kathy! Thanks for shoveling through all that snow where you are to come and visit me here, LOL!

Hello to my Danish tatting friend, Susanne! Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your kind words about the old snowflakes! Glaedelig Jul!!!

Bethany said...

No matter their age, I just love each and very one of your "serendipitous" finds!! I adore the fact that you have kept them long enough for them to have aged a bit.
I do agree that is one word that is really fun to say...I hope you have a very Merry Christmas time and enjoy all of your California "snow"!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, your lace is magnificent. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Blessings, Karen

Bella Sinclair said...

Your snowflakes are pulchritudinous! Splendiferous! (Hmmm, nice words, but you're right. Not as fun to say as serendipity.)

Seriously, though, how can you be embarrassed about these exquisite beauties! My gosh! And they've held up so incredibly well. They deserve to be displayed on your pink feather tree. I think my favorite is the last one. The ones your sister did are mighty fine! So you're a tatting family, are you? So much talent in your gene pool!

TattingChic, I hope you and your family have the most wonderful and magical Christmas.

vintage girl at heart said...

They are beautiful!!! Your talent is amazing!!! I love seeing that you cherish things from years past and the ones from your sister are a treasure to you I imagine!!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your dear ones!

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Oh, I love them! They are fabulous. I have always wanted to learn tatting, maybe 2009 will be my year? Anyway, I just stopped by to say Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great holiday.
~Angela :-)

Sarah MomE25 said...

Very pretty! I hope I have more time to tat next Christmas. At least I can stop by your blog and enjoy looking at these ones this time.

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh my goodness, be still my heart!! They are soooo beautiful. Now, if there was ever anything that would get me to try out this tatting...I think this would do it...I think I'll grab the book and shuttle you sent me...and...well, I'll read the booklet again.lol. Laurie

Jessica Rodarte said...

What an appropriate time to find your snowflakes! I was little stunned by this crazy so. california snow. The city where I live phoned to say that they weren't equipped to handle all of this snow, and not to drive anywhere if possible. heehee. Great! Hope you're staying warm tatting it up!

Singtatter said...

Each & every snowflakes look so great against the background, never mind some yellowing with age. Specially love the pattern of a few, though I couldn't recognise any of them.

Just Between Us Girls said...

Wonderful work. I cannot begin to imagine how much time each of these remarkable creations took to make. Just wanted to take a moment to wish you A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.
Love and hugs,
Pat

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely..even your old ones.
Merry Christmas!!
Lisa

La Belette Rouge said...

Happy Christmas, dear TC. Hope that your holidays are filled with serendipity and lots of tatting treats.xoxo

Unknown said...

Thank you for your sweet words about the snowflakes, Bethany!

Hi Karen, thank you so much, I appreciate it!

Ah, Bella Sinclair, you are very humorous...I am too tired to go to the dictionary to come up with a witty comeback for you, but I love your vocabulary wit! LOVE it! Oh, if you understood the curse of the tatters' perfectionism you would know the embarassment of which I speak, however unfounded it may seem to others, LOL!

Thank you, Vintage Girl At Heart! Merry Christmas to you, too!

Merry CHristmas to you, too, Angela! I hope you do learn tatting in 2009. That would be super awesome!!! No, wait, it would be wayyyyyy cool! Whatever! ;) Hope you learn to tat!

Hi Sarah! Thanks for stopping by! I dunno if you will have more time or not to tat with that cutie pie on your hands. She sure is a darling little baby! You will have plenty of time with keeping her out of trouble, LOL!

LOL, Laurie! Yes, READ the book again...if you ever decide to get the shuttles moving let me know! You know my email address! I'd love to see your tatting someday!

LOL, Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! You are so funny! ;) ;) You are a fun tease, I love it.

Hi Singtatter, thanks for stopping by all the way from Singapore! Glad you like the background, I wasn't sure at first if it would be too busy, but then it sort of "grew" on me. (I liked it more and more over time) If you look up the list of comments a bit you will see that Yarnplayer and Martha nailed the pattern sources.

Hi Pat, thank you for stopping by to wish me a lovely holiday wish! Same to you and yours! The snowflakes did take some time, for sure! I think that's why I haven't done much of them since...come to think of it...I am much faster at tatting now.

Thank you, Lisa, they are ALL old, LOL! Merry Christmas to you and your family and thank you for stopping by this busy time of year!

Hi La Belette Rouge! Okay, what is this...I think this is the SECOND time we were commenting on each other's blogs at the EXACT SAME TIME!!!! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT!!!! It's almost scary now, LOL! No, it's not...we much just have a psychic connection or something like that. Either that or you have a thinger on your blog that says "so and so is here right now" so you hop over to "so and so's" blog to comment and freak them out, right? Well whichever it is Have a safe trip and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Love,
TattingChic (not, oh, please, not TC ~ it's so masculine sounding and icky to me, LOL!)

Gina said...

Ah, I see you found the sources for your patterns. I could see the book in my mind but could NOT think of the title and I'm not home to check. Forgot last night.

Anyways, I made a 2nd trip here especially to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Unknown said...

Hi Gina, yes, Martha and Yarnplayer were SPOT on!!! Can you tell our blogger friends across the pond are influencing my writing, LOL!
Thank you so much for your sweet Christmas wishes! Merry Christmas to you, too! :)

Pat said...

Just wanted to say thanks for the visit to my blog today...I always look forward to your comments. Your snowflakes are just wonderful...like everything you do. Please have a joyous Christmas and I look forward to sharing 2009 with you!!!!! Pat

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Those old tatted snowflakes look beautiful to me! Thanks for posting them for us. Merry Christmas!

Rosemary said...

Such pretty snowflakes!!
Have a Merry Christmas too!
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

I have a blog award for you!
Merry Faerie Christmas Wishes! Denise ..Boston

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! I hope you have a wonderful time and Happy new year! Big hugs

toodles-
sarah

Linda said...

Just stopped by to wish you a Merry Christmas...hugs, Linda

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Very beautious snowflakes! They look like they would be much easier to shovel than what's falling outside my house at the moment :)

Merry Christmas!

BumbleVee said...

lovely snowflakes...every one!! We have about a foot and a half of the real thing. It looks lovely, but is horrible for driving now... packed, icy and rutted...

I'm here to wish you and yours a very Merry holiday time.... thanks for often visiting my blog.... and I certainly have been enjoying my visits over here......

BittersweetPunkin said...

Merry Merry Christmas!! I love your snowflakes!!
hugs,
Robin

'RainbowRose' Connie Faulconer said...

WoW those are pretty neat TattingChic!!!! They are all very beautiful! I agree what memories!!!

I sure wouldn't mind trading you those snowflakes for the snowflakes we have. It has been snowing pretty much most of about 4-5 days now. Thankfully not with too much accumulation like on south of us. Today we actually had a heat wave of 21 degrees F.

Thank you for sharing those beautiful snowflakes!

Veronica said...

you know those are by far the most beautiful snowflakes I have ever seen. Is tatting hard? What would I need to make one of those snowflakes? Is it like knitting or crocheting These are just amazing. Merry Christmas

Veronica said...

I just noticed that you thank everyone that visits your blog with a special acknowledgement. That is amazing.... I only wished I was half as gracious as you are.... I am going to make sure you are on my blog roll. amazing talent and a wonderful lady.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your sweet comment, Pat! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, too!

Thank you, Jeanne Turner McBrayer. I'm glad you like the snowflakes.

Thank you, Rosemary. Merry Christmas!

Thank you very much, Denise! You are so generous to me with the awards! Merry Christmas!

Hi, Sarah! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, too!

Merry Christmas to you, Linda.

Thank you, Grizzly Mountain Arts. Sounds like you are having a white Christmas! Enjoy! Merry Christmas!

Ah, yes, BumbleVee! I grew up with the cold white stuff every winter. I do not miss it one bit, LOL! Merry Christmas to you!

Thank you, Robin. Merry Christmas to you, too!

Wow, 'RainbowRose' Connie Faulconer, it sounds like the tropics with that "heat wave" you had there! Thank you for your sweet comment about the snowflakes. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Veronica, your comments are VERY gracious, thank you! Tatting is not hard once you get the flip or switch of the threads in order to make the double stitch. It's the learning that one teeny tiny small step in the making of the knot that stumps some people...other than that it is EASY! It is only like crochet in that they both use crochet thread. It is not like knitting or crochet at all, really! It is a form of handmade lace that uses a repetitive knot called a double stitch in order to make the lace. You can learn it if you really want to! There are many tatters in the online tatting community who are ready and willing to welcome you into the fabulous art of tatting! :) Do join in! Merry Christmas! I think I'm going to have a piece of pie now! ;)

Draffin Bears said...

I love your tatted snow flakes, so pretty.

Wishing you and your family the very happiest Christmas and best wishes for the holiday season and 2009.

It has been great to have you as a blog friend - thank you.

Warmest Christmas hugs
Carolyn

Free Art Printables said...

I wanted to stop back and wish you a Merry Christmas! :) Jen

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Merry Christmas Chicky! 2009 is going to ROCK for both of us... kay????

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Your snowflakes are precious! I can't wait...it's my goal this year to try tatting, some how, some way next month after things quiet down. I guess I need to study more about what I will need first, I am so thankful I have you to turn too :).

Merry Christmas dear friend!

Christmas Hugs and Blessings,
Kathi :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I think your snowflakes are gorgeous! I'm glad you found them. Merry Christmas, Twyla

Unknown said...

Thank you, Carolyn. Your visits and comments are always a joy! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Merry Christmas to you, Jen!

Yeah! That's the spirit, Lady Shuttle Maker! I love your attitude, girlyfriend. Merry Christmas to ya!

Hi Kathi! Merry Christmas to you and yours, too! Oh, it would be so neat if you decide to learn to tat!

Thank you, Twyla! Merry Christmas to you, too! :)

Aim said...

WOW they are just lovely! I never thought about tatting snowflake ornaments before...(why not, I wonder?!) I really would love to make a few of these, I especially love your beaded ones!

Donna said...

Oh my gosh - those are all so beautiful!!! I am so glad you decided to share them!... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Oh my!!!!! Your tatted snowflakes are fabulous. ;0) I love crocheting with fingering weight thread or yarn...I have thought about Tatting and Smocking and decided a girl just can't do everything....LOL "although I try real hard!" :0) Now it seems to be crochet and rughooking...

Unknown said...

Hi Aim! Oh, snowflakes are one of my favorite things to tat! They are great because they are a small project and you have something useful...a Christmas ornament for the tree...when you are finished! There are tons of beautiful free patterns for tatted snowflakes on the internet. I have some links on my sidebar, but you can also Google "tatted snowflake patterns" and get a load of them that way, too!

Thank you, Donna! I'm glad you like them. So glad you stopped by, too!

Hello, Queen of Dreams! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your crochet and rug hooking and when you get a "hankering" for tatting just come on over to my blog for a visit anytime! :)

Susan Elliott said...

These are just a treasure to behold! I love each and every one. One day I"m going to learn to tat...