Thursday, January 8, 2009

Charming Utensils

A tatter's gotta eat, right? What better way to dine in style than with these charming utensils from Laurie's Charming Designs! I got them in the mail today and they are MINE!!! ALL MINE!!!


~*~

MWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA
(rubbing hands together)
Wanna see?
They arrived in a package with the most
adorable artwork on it.
Just look at this hand drawn bird's nest right on the package!

Here's the pretty fork.
It's really an easel for a tiny
wire bird's nest charm!

Here's the beautiful Spoon! It's also an easel for another bird's nest!



She threw in a BONUS Charm! Bird's nest on the front...




...and...
... Birdhouse on the back!


Okay, ONE more photo just for fun!

Aren't they cuuuuuuuuute!?!

Laurie is a talented artist, as you can see!
Her blog is worth a visit if you've ever got a minute!

She has an Etsy shop, too!

~*~


Ahhhh...thank you for indulging me with my whimsies! Leave a comment if you feel so inclined! I love 'em, in fact I eat 'em up! ...pun intended...
Your friend,
TattingChic

50 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Charmingdesigns said...

You are sooo funny. Thanks for showing them!! But I just sold out.lol Now I better get crackn' You're the best.Thanks!!! Laurie

Jessica Rodarte said...

Ohmigosh. So cute. I love the the little nests. I was lucky enough to have a bird nest given to me this past Christmas by a crafty friend of mine. Woohoo! ;)

Bella Sinclair said...

Ooooooh, girl, I'm so jealous! These are truly spectacular. Pretty, pretty, shiny, shiny. It must have been hard to even tear open the beautiful packaging.

Thanks for sharing!

Lace hearts said...

Those really are special. But I'm amazed to hear you eat. You see, I had this image of you tatting all day and night, and grabbing the occasional piece of bread and glass of water in passing. LOL.
I'm going to check out her blog. Lucky you.

ancolie said...

this hand drawn bird's nest is lovely and I agree : Laurie is a talented artist
Have a nice day !
ancolie

Lori said...

i was just over at Laurie's blog...how ironic is that...i have bought two of her little birds, and i won one of her charms in a giveaway...her work is lovely!!!

Gina said...

These are so pretty! I just put away some silverware that I bought at different places for the charming designs on the handle - with plans for the utensil that didn't include eating. LOL! I made a pincushion out of one for an exchange and had done nothing with the rest so they went into hibernation for awhile.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very sweet! My daughter Alison bought a bird's nest charm with two blue "eggs" in it for daughter Andrea for Christmas as a mother/daughter necklace. I wonder if it's the same shop?

Kathleen Grace said...

These truley are the most adorable utensils. I think Laurie does some amazing art. You are so lucky to get some of it!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Ooh, what treasures!
I'm hopping over to her site right now!
Thanks for sharing your goodies!
Becky

Tattycat said...

How beautiful! Laurie needs to pay you for advertising. I know you will enjoy these treasures, even if you can't eat with them!

Unknown said...

Laurie, you sold out!?! Now, whose fault is that? LOL! ;) Thanks for the bonus charm and the beautiful drawing on the package!

Hi Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! Bird's nests are so sweet, aren't they? Lucky you to have a sweet friend give you one.

LOL, Bella Sinclair, you crack me up! "Pretty, pretty, shiny, shiny" LOL! Are you into shiny objects? Me, too!

Yes, Lace Hearts, you've busted me out...tatting all day and night...
;) BWAH hA Ha hA Ha hA!

Thank you, Ancolie! I hope you get a chance to visit Laurie's blog sometime. She is always creating!

Oh, how fun, Lori! You must love your goodies from her. Ya know what? I won a give away from Laurie, too! I won a tile/dry erase board! It is so cuuuuute!

Hi Gina, did we get to see the pincushion you made out of one of the utensils? Did I miss that, somehow or just not remember? It sounds darling, too! Hope to see more!

Hi Diane, I wonder if it is? I've seen a few places putting out bird's nests and I'm wondering if it is or not. Laurie always seems to put 3 eggs in hers. I'll bet it's lovely. There's something about bird's nests that are so sweet and charming, isn't there?

Thank you, Kathleen Grace! I consider myself lucky to be able to get a few cute things now and then, yes! Laurie is a wonderful artist, it's true.

Hi, Becky! Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your visit at Laurie's place!

Hi Tattycat and thank you! Yes, you are right, I will enjoy them!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

You got my nest spoon!!! I was late viewing her blog and when I went to see if it was for sale, it was gone!!! Boo hoo!!! I know you are loving her stuff!
Smiles...and a bit green...
Pat

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Thanks for sharing!
I love them all!!!
You lucky thing!
Love,
Debbie Moss

(England)

Linda said...

Wonderful treasure....I love them! I collect bird nests so I think I best fly over to her place and see her other pretties....hugs, Linda

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Very adorable!

My Vintage Studio said...

Laurie's art work is always beautiful!

Thank you for sharing your photos.
Have a great weekend!
Cheers, Sharon

Unknown said...

Hi, Pat, I got the nest spoon! YAY! Anything to get you to come on over and visit, LOL! ;)

Thank you for hopping across the pond for a visit, Debbie Moss! :)

Thank you, Penny!

Hi, Sharon! Thank you for letting me share with you.

Attic Clutter said...

Oh those are all darling but my favorite is the hand painted nest on the package.. HOW darling~~!!
Cute cute idea~!! and I read over at Linda's you still have your Christmas tree up LOL.. that is so funny ..you and Linda both~
well have a great day..
hugs, Patty

Rosemary said...

Very cute!!
Love them!
Thanks, I love the new kitchen.
Have a great weekend!
Rosemary

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, aren't those birdsnests so sweet! I love birdsnests and those are beautiful!

Free Art Printables said...

That is awesome stuff! Love the key chain and those spoons are so clever!

robin dudley-howes said...

SO cute! Love the painting on the package!
robin

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Lovely goodies from Laurie. You lucky gal :) Very sweet items.

~ Karen

Sandra Evertson said...

So lovely and delicate those pieces are!
Happy New Year to you!
Sandra Evertson

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

How wonderfully and delightfully unusual!

Unknown said...

Hey, Patty! That was Linda and mine's little secret! Shhhhhhh!!! ;)

Thanks Rosemary! Enjoy your kitchen!

Hi Thimbleanna! Bird's nests are sweet, aren't they?

Hi Jen, Thanks for stopping by!

Hi Robin, isn't that cute? Too bad it's all crumpled up now! Sure glad I got a pic tho'!

Hi Karen, thanks I love 'em!

Hi Sandra! Thank you and Happy New Year to you, too!

Thanks, Lady Shuttle Maker!

Draffin Bears said...

Wonderful little treasures ~ lucky lucky.

I too love birds, nests and birdhouses.

Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs
Carolyn

Nerm said...

Don't ya love how creative folks can be? She is really clever with her birdy things. What works of art. Are you going to display them or keep them in a secret place? ha
Nerm

Lisa Boni said...

Those nests are gorgeous! Love that even the package had a nest on it! Thanks for sharing!

Tracy said...

What lovely little fancies you received, Tattingchic...so beautiful! Love the birdie theme...and that Laurie is such a great talent, very clever gal! Hope all is well there with you...Happy weekend, my friend :o) ((hUGS))

Unknown said...

Thank you, Carolyn.

Hi Nerm, Laurie is very Clever isn't she? What do YOU think I'm going to do with them???

Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by!

Tracy, thank you so much for your sweet comments! Appreciate ya!

Rue said...

Holy smokes! Those really are cute!!!

rue

Kathy Raker said...

How sweet that you were able to get some of her work. I am keeping my eye on them too. I so would like a bird and a spoon.

Dear friend, I have an award for you on my blog.

joybear said...

Oh so pretty!!! Love how she packages it too!

Lelia said...

Oh my, very very cute. How sweet & charming!!!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Those are gorgeous! Your tatting is gorgeous too! I am going to have to come back and check out all of your tatting links. I would love to learn to tat!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Those are awesome! I love the spoon! I'm with Lace Hearts, I picture you eating occasionally but wearing one of those hats/helmets where you can put two cans of pop/beer (man things) on your head with a straw, tat and drink nourishment....:)

Have a wonderful weekend Tattingchic!

Hugs,
Kathi :)

Back Through Time said...

The bird's nests are so cute! Love it all!
Have a great weekend
Michelle

Unknown said...

LOL! Thanks, Rue.

Oh, thank you for the award, Kathy! I'm glad you stopped by with or without an award!

Thank you, Joybear! Yes, the package was absolutely adorable.

Hi, Lelia, thank you for visiting!

Hi Southern Lady's Vintage. Thanks for visiting. I hope you do learn to tat! That would be very cool!

LOL! Kathi, you are tooooooo funny, girlfriend! First of all that would look silly, second of all that would be soooooo NOT Tatting "chic"! LOL! ;)

Thank you, Michelle! Welcome and do come back another time!

Kimbra Kasch said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this artwork.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Tatting Chic, What a lovely gift from Laurie, Lucky YOU. Laurie's site is also very neat. When I looked for your site along my list of very inspiring blog I did not see yours. I thought for sure I had added it ages ago. It is there now for all to see. I am rather new with all this soooo I am still learning and probably will be for a very long time. LOL Hugs Judy

Unknown said...

These are sooooo lovely, no wonder you were excited. I love the package too. I am going to go and see her etsy. Thank you for the links, and enjoy your treasures.
Karen

Unknown said...

Just stopped back to say thank you, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to your friend's blog and studios. She is so creative. You are truly the blog guru!
Happy Sunday.
Karen

Unknown said...

Oh, thank YOU, Kim Kasch! I appreciate your comment.

Hi Judy, I am truly flattered that you would consider my blog to be one that inspires you, thank you...you made my day!

Hi Karen, thank you once and thank you twice for visiting! Glad you like Laurie's stuff. Blogging is so much fun, isn't it?

Fete et Fleur said...

What wonderful creations. You made me hungry. I'm off to find a yummy!!

Nancy

Unknown said...

Me, too! It's dinner time now!

Bethany said...

Oh what pretty pretty things!! Thank you for sharing them :)

Linda said...

Just stopped by to say hi...hope all is well...hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Hi Bethany! Thanks for your sweet comment.

Thank you, Linda. I appreciate the checking in!