Sunday, January 11, 2009

Confessions of a Tat-o-holic...

I learned a lot about you all from the humorous comments from my last 2 posts! From Anne B's comment I learned a few NEW Acronyms to add to the acronym insanity around here...

***

...such as:
UPP's = UnPredicted Projects
MFP's = More Fun Projects
NTBDNP's = Need To Be Done Now Projects

***

These are the sorts of things that one would cast aside a UFO for. We all remember what UFO mean's, Right? If you are new to this blog...and new to blogging and crafty blogger's acronyms you may click on this link in order to brush up on your acronym vocabulary. Otherwise we shall commence with the confessions, shall we? The other thing that I learned is that many of you were surprised that I took a break from tatting to even EAT!!! LOL!!!
Okay, now for the confessions. Are you sitting down??? If you are not sitting down I recommend that you do. Find a comfortable chair or stool or something and plant your laurels on it because I think I'm going to burst a few bubbles here. Brace yourselves...
~*~
CONFESSION #1
I have not tatted since October of 2008.
It is now January of 2009.
That means I haven't tatted for 2 months and 1 week.
~*~
BREATH!!!
~*~
CONFESSION #2
I cast aside my many UFO's for a MFP/NTBDNP.
~*~
Okay, it's over. The confessions are over. Are you all okay? Now, I never purposely meant to deceive anyone. After all, during the last 2 months of posts did I ever say "I am currently working on this" or "I recently made that"? No, I did not. Most of the stuff I've showed you is either stuff from wayyyyyy back when that I've been dying to show you or it's stuff from exchanges, etc.
BUT, yes, there it is, the BIG BUT...not to be confused with my own big "butt"...I have broken the tatting drought today. Yes, TODAY I started an MFP! Would you like to see?
~*~
Tah-dah!
There it is!
It's being tatted in Opera brand white thread (size 20).
The shuttle is from Georgia Seitz!
(Merry Christmas 2008 to me!)
What is it, you ask?

I'm not gonna tell you.

Wanna guess? I'll let you!
You'll find out more on this later!
~*~
Whew, now that the confessions are over
I have something a little less intense to share with you.
It's an award!


gave me this award.
Thank you, Kathy!
I am honored that you would share an award with me!
Here are the guidelines for this award:
This blog invests and believes in the
PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships.
These blogs are exceedingly charming.
These kind bloggers' aim to find and be friends.
They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement!
Our hope is that when the ribbons
of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.
Please give more attention to these writers!
These are some very wonderful gals to visit.
They are thoughtful, friendly and have so many wonderful ideas.
The rules don't say how many to list,
so for right now I pass the award to the following people:
***
Melissa from Honey Bee's Bliss
Anna from Thimbleanna
***
Thank you for being sweet bloggy friends to me and many more bloggers.
Actually, I could've given this gift of an award to all of you.
I guess this leads me to
CONFESSION #3!
I am too tired to post ALL of you! LOL! :O
It's true!!!
~*~
Thank you for stopping by to indulge in the sordid life of a tatting blogger. SCANDALOUS! I know. It'll be our little secret, okay?
**WINK** ;)
**WINK** ;)
**WINK** ;)
Okay. Have a fabulous time in your touring around blogland and don't forget to leave a comment before you go! That is, if you feel like it! They are welcomed with open arms and I read each and everyone of them.
Have a fabulous day!
~TattingChic

51 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Lori said...

you are too funny!!! and so very sweet...congrats on your award:)

Tattycat said...

You bring all of us so many smiles and laughs! How do you think of it all? I can't believe you have gone without tatting for that long. I almost had a fainting spell! Can't wait to see what you are tatting now.

Lace hearts said...

I'm chuckling away, yet again. Now I am confused however. I'm sure it wasn't too long ago you were posting about current WIPs and TIAS (tat it and see), or some sort of ACRONYM like that. I'm sure it wasn't last October. LOL
You really do ahve a wicked sense of humour. I'm off to bed giggling.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

How sweet of you! I'm so honored! You've made my day!
Hugs to you!
Becky

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

I think I'm having a hot flash! :) If I were as talented as you are, I'd be tatting all the time. I will learn one of these days, I will! I know I will never be as good as you are so I am thankful you share your talents here. Have you tatted on collars before? towels? Perhaps you've posted and I haven't gone back far enough.........Thanks for making my evening :).

Blessings,
Kathi :)

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

It's a good thing your confession was preceded by a warning....cuz girl I am short on breath....3 months??? I am SOOO glad you've broken the dry spell. Don't let this happen again or we may have to arrange an intervention. LOL!

Congrats on yet another award!!!!

Draffin Bears said...

Congratulations on your Award!

Glad that you have made a tatting start for 2009 and look forward to seeing what you are going to make.
I love the white cotton ~ always looks so neat.

Hugs
Carolyn

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

You are so funny!! I love your tatting and though I am only a tatter wannabe I love that new tat that you bought! It's beautiful!
Barbara

Unknown said...

Hi Lori! Thank you so much!

Thank you, Tattycat. Yes, I really haven't felt like it all this time. LOL! You crack me up ~ "a fainting spell"!

Oh, no, Lace Hearts, the last day of the Tat It And See was October 9th and then the last day I tatted before today was toward the end of October...the blogapalooza post, LOL! So glad I made you chuckle!

Thank YOU, Becky! Glad to make your day!

LOL! Kathy you crack me UP, girl... "a hot flash"! Oh, to answer your question, yes, I once tatted on a towel and matching wash cloth. I'll have to find them to make the post on it...it's one of those projects I did over 15 years ago...so is the hanky, hmmmm.... Where are they?

OH, Lady Shuttle Maker! You are a hoot... "short of breath"... "an intervention". Hilarious!

Hi Carolyn, and thank you! I promise I will tat more! I have a fun project I am working on. Isn't white thread refreshing once in a while?

Thank you, Barbara! What can we do to help change that "tatting wannabe" into a "tatter"!? Let me know if I can help! :)

Gina said...

Ha, oh this is funny because I never thought you were tatting at all and when you showed ALL that tatting from the past - well, I was just floored because then I knew you could tat profusely and very well and then I wondered...whatever ARE you doing? LOL!

Free Art Printables said...

I love it already!I am glad you finally got back on the horse, or fell off the wagon, which ever you prefer;) Congrats on your award!

Valerie said...

i can't believe it! and i thought i was the not-so-productive one... LOL great that you've now re-started the engine... and congrats on the award!

Bella Sinclair said...

With talent like yours, I think I'd be tatting every chance I got! In fact, ever think of getting your hands insured? ;D

I know what you mean, though. Sometimes a break is good, even from something you love. It's wonderful to see you back in the saddle, though. Ooooooh, I'm loving your WIP! My eyes are dancing at all the crisp loop-de-loops!

Unknown said...

Hi Gina, well, there it is...the truth... for all to see! I still have a lot from the past to show you, too. I tend to tat in spurts, it seems.

LOL! Jen, you are too funny, Yes, I'm not sure which it is either, anymore! off/wagon or on/horse! ;)

Thank you, Valerie! I am almost done w/ the little project I am working on, too!

Very good, Bella Sinclair! I am impressed with your acronym usage! You crack me up ~ "hands insured"! Oh, man... what a funny thought, huh? Well, yes, I needed a lil' break from tatting.

Lilla Blanka said...

Hi sweet Tatting Chic!

Acronyms are getting more and more common I guess, and new ones pop up every day :)

Congrats to the award!

Mia

Hillside Threads said...

Ha! Ha! I like your sense of humour. confession is good for the soul so they say. Congratulations on your award you deserve it. Can't wait to see lots more of your tatting .

Singtatter said...

That's a very sweet shuttle from Georgia! She has such pretty floral ones, how I wish I could get my hands on a few more of them.

Reen said...

Hello TattingChic..congrats on your award.
Cudn't resist.LOL! Hav a UPP now after passing thru' your blog.
Nice sweet shuttle. Hope to own 1 someday.

Thimbleanna said...

You are one funny girl! I'm so pleased that your tatting drought is over -- your tatting is much too beautiful to languish in your head!

Congratulations on your award and thanks for passing it on to lil' ol' me. I'm not worthy!

Unknown said...

Hi Mia...thanks for visiting. Actually, the acronyms in this post were all for fun, you know "tongue in cheek"...like making fun of acronyms and their absurdity...really!

Thank you for your fun comment, Jane! :)

Hi, Singtatter! Aren't Georgia's floral shuttles pretty? I know what you mean about wanting more. They are lovely.

Hi Reen, enjoy your UPP, LOL! You have a cute sense of humor!

Hello, Thimbleanna! Thanks for stopping by. Your visits are always a pleasure! You are also very silly! Tell the bunnies hi from me!

Pat said...

Ok, my f riend, so you didn't tat for a couple of months...I think you are pretty normal. Sometimes what we have to do is not what we want to do...so we put our 'wants' on the back burner. We all do it. Now, as to your new project....I don't know what it's going to be....but it's beautiful already!
Thanks for the visit this a.m....I always look for your comments...you make my day! Enjoy yourself!!! Pat

Maggie R said...

Now I have had my "smiles" this morning my day can begin....Thanks!
Oh ...when I look at anything tatted I get so jealous!!!! Been trying to learn for ages!!! Love that beautiful shuttle.I have NOT given up tho!!!! I Can.... I Will!! ;-}
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Unknown said...

What a great post. Congratulations on your award, and I love your confessions. I admire your lace work so much, I can't even imagine how this is done. I love to paint lace though. You have just inspired me to include lace in my next watercolor. Have a lovely day and happy lace.

Karen

Linda said...

Hey, you really had me fooled. I was and still am in awe of all the tatting you do. But a confession of 3 months of no tatting just blows me away. I thought the shuttle was permanently attached to your hand and you didn't do anything without it...I am still in shock but am glad you are back at it. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Congrats on the award, you definitely deserve that as you make friends so easily and embrace us all with your sweetness. Hugs, Linda

Melissa said...

LOL you are too funny! And sweet for picking me I pick you right back too!
Hugs,
Melissa

Tatskool said...

I am astonished that you haven't tatted for all that time. I shouldn't really be suprised at all because we all know that you just didn't have the necessary gear.

Now that you have got all your gear sorted out we expect BIG things and that little motif looks very familiar!!! I wonder what it will grow into...could be almost anything.

Do please continue to entertain us.

Unknown said...

That's the spirit, Maggie! I'd love to see you tatting! THere are lot's ready and willing tatters online to help mentor you! Me, included and many of my online tatting friends are there for you to...I feel safe in saying that...!!!

Hi, Karen and thank you! I feel honored to have inspired you to do a watercolor which includes lace! Now if any of us tatters can inspire you to paint a watercolor that included tatted lace that would be 10X better! Hee hee hee!!!

LOL, thank you, Linda! I'm so glad you stopped by. It's always fun to read your comments and they brighten my day. Yes, I work and eat and sleep and all that, LOL!

Hello, dear Melissa! You have been sorely missed in the blogging scene! Thank you for stopping by! ((Hugs)) to you, friend!

Yes, Tatskool, I am so deprived of any tatting supplies...wink, wink! That reminds me...payday is coming up and I have some tatting bills to pay!!! Thank you for your very encouraging and sweet comment! I appreciate it.

CIELO said...

Congrats on your awards.... you're one talented lady.... don't ever stop doing what you love! ;)

Hugs

cielo

Tatfully Yours said...

OK Ok so you take time to eat but I'm thinking you don't sleep!!!LOL I love reading your blog even when I have had a bad day you can put a smile on my face. Thanks Kel

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

LOL! You are so darn cute! Loved your confessions my dear! I am sooo relieved that you have started tatting again. You had me worried there for a second! Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Marjane

Liyarra said...

Tatting Chic you are a crack up!!! You think we can bottle your energy and make our millions to but a tatting island somewhere????
(Nice and central so ALL tatters can go holiday there!!)
Keep smiling - hugs for the New Year = Jenni in Australia

Tracy said...

All these confession...so scandalous, and funny!... ;o) To craft in any form or medium requires great wit and humor I think...Well, done! :o) But so glad you've got the shuttle tatting again--your little lovely WIP is so pretty...Congrats on your award! Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Unknown said...

Hi, Cielo, thanks for your lovely comment!

Thank you, Kel! It's heartwarming to know that the blog post put a smile on your face! :)

LOL, Maryjane! You are too sweet! Thank you!

Hi Jenni, my tatting friend from Australia! A tatting island! That sounds great! Can we all come and have a huge tatting library and comfortable couches and stuff? That sounds like a fabulous place. I'm there!

Thank you for your sweet and fun comment, Tracy! It's always a pleasure to have you come and visit!

{oc cottage} said...

Geeez! You are sooooooooooo talented!

M ^..^

Linda said...

Congrats on your award. I confess it has been about that long to for me with any of my crafting. Thanks for the laugh.
Cheers Linda

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

A while ago you asked me where I got my wire two tiered basket that is on my kitchen counter. I can't remember if I told you or not! So just in case, I bought it at a local decorating accessory store. But I see similar ones on ebay alot.
Hugs,
Penny

Jessica Rodarte said...

I am really feeling the acronyms... I can identify with all of them! especially the NTBDNP. I have way too many of those! Congratulations on your award! *grin*

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

I'm thinking of you today dear friend....now I must go out in the cold and head off to work! :)

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Hugs,
Kathi :)

Paula said...

I love learning about the sordid life of a tatting blogger...
I almost blushed at this post!! LOL

Unknown said...

Thank you, M ^..^ !

Hi, Linda, it sounds like we both need to get crafting/tatting! I don't know about you but when I let it go for too long I get "crusty", LOL!

LOL! Ya know what, Penny!? I found one at Cost Plus! Yup, just like yours... isn't that funny? I googled it on the internet and found the store and there was a local shop near me so I ran there and it was half price at the actual store!!! YIPPEEEEE!!!

hi, Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! It's always fun to hear from you! I know...the NTBDNP's are killing my blogging this week, ah, well! Life needs to be lived sometimes! LOL!

Hi Kathy! Drive safe there in Minne-snow-ta!!! Stay warm!!!

Oh, Garsh, Farm Chick Paula, didn't mean to make ya blush, but you know how sordid these things can get, LOL!

Lil said...

Hi there! Thanks for your comment. You will find a contact link at the top of my blog, and I shall be adding a more obvious one soon, when I get a chance to stop and think!

No need to email now though as I have added you to my list of contributors. By all means get in touch though if you wanted to discuss further.

THANKS!

Bethany said...

Cracking up with laughter (ROFL!!)
You have a wonderful sense of humor..love it!!!
BTW haven't been able to come by and visit for a bit but I just read your New Year confessions and just laughed myself silly!!!!! I can totally relate (in a sewing way).
Have a lovely day :)
lol Just made a little rhyme!

Anonymous said...

lol your so silly! Dont feel bad I just crafted last night since september of 08! eeekkk wow its been along time! big hugs

toodles-
sarah

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info, The Secret Corridor! Very cool. I shall be in touch as I am interested! :)

Very cute, Bethany. I liked your rhyme! I'm glad you can relate in a sewing way.

Thanks for the crafting validation, Sarah! Hugs to you, too!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Would it comfort you to know that YOU are directly responsible for my second (of two) New Year's resolutions this year? #1 was committing to exercise 5 times a week. #2 was learn to tat.

I have tried before, I really have but I never could get the knack of it. But I marched myself into Michael's day-before-yesterday and bought a generic-looking tatting shuttle. (I want a purty one like in your picture!) I came home and watched some videos on YouTube, read all the tutorials I could find, and finally after MUCH trial and error... and putting it down in frustration and picking it up again later... FINALLY... I think I have the hang of making the flip! Woo-hoo! Now I need to see if I can follow a pattern to actually MAKE something!

Thanks for the inspiration! You can be sure I'll keep you posted!

(Oh... and I have to say... resolution #2 is WAY more fun than resolution #1!!!)

Unknown said...

Karla! I am honored to take responsibility for your desire to learn to tat, LOL! However, you get to do all the work of learning and then you get to take all the credit for the beautiful things you are going to learn to make! If you would like to purchase one of Georgia's shuttles I put the link to her website on this post. Somewhere there should be her email address and you can contact her via email to find out more about the shuttles. Yes, a cheapie plastic one from Michael's is all you need to make beautiful bits of tatted lace! :) Good luck and I look forward to your progress!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Thank goodness I was sitting down! I thought for sure you had a shuttle permanently attached to your fingers! Ok, I feel more like a normal person now knowing you are normal too... LOL! You're so funny girl!

Hope you're having a great New Year!

hugs, Sherry

Jenni B said...

Thanks for your confession. It makes me feel a bit better about myself. :)

Stop on over to my blog to enter a V-Day giveaway!

Jenni B

Mary Ellen said...

Congrats on your award. Your tatting, whether old or new, is a source of amazement to me. I wish you could be my Tat Coach!

Laura said...

Thank you for stopping by Our Scented Cottage! Wow..I gave tatting a try before and had no idea the time involved. I love your craft!

Unknown said...

LOL! Thank you, Sherry! You are too cute. I enjoyed your comment.

Hi Jenni B, thanks for the invite! I did pop on over to your blog and enter the giveaway!

Thank you, Mary Ellen. I wish there was a way to do tatting lessons online. Hmmmmm...maybe with the webcams out there it IS possible! LOL! I don't have a webcam tho' and I think it needs to be webcams on both ends to be effective, LOL!

Hi Laura, I think I remember being slightly disillusioned by the time involved when I was learning, but something inside me press forward anyway, LOL! Now I'm a lot faster, AND I do much less time involved projectgs, LOL!