Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I'm wishing you all a very Happy Easter! Let me share with you some very important elements of the Easter celebrations around my house!

Shall we commence with the Easter Celebrating!?!
~*~


First of all, the eggs have to be colored: Wait! Those aren't all eggs!!!
How'd they get in there???
That silly Easter bunny.


************

I have to show you a photo my bloggy
friend, Polly from Counting Your Blessings gave me:

Isn't that sweet! Thanks, Polly!

It inspired my thread-a-licious Easter decor.


************


Let's take a look at those "eggs"

one more time, shall we? I think they look good enough to eat!


***


Here's another important part of Easter.

The chocolate bunny!!!

The chocolate bunny is so important that

he even has a "shrine" built for him.

Around here, he kind of gets put up

on a "pedestal", if ya know what I mean.
Maybe it's just so there's a better view of these:They always seem to go first, LOL!
What goes first on your chocolate bunnies?

***

Now, here's a tribute to my grandmother.
She loved jordan almonds at Easter-time.

So, Grandma, if there are blogs up in heaven...
this is for you!!! Now, I just have one question for you all,
Is the apothecary jar half-full or half-empty???

***

Well, that's enough of the indoor goodies,
let's go outside for a minute and get some fresh air.

Let me show you some pretty blossoms in my garden.

Here's my vining geranium's pink blossoms. Isn't that a pretty shade of pink?

Oh, and the HDT plant is growing a lovely
Okay, now, it's time to go back inside.


***


Let me show you what I got in my
Easter Basket this year!
Now, these are MY kind of Easter treats!!!
Look at all that Lizbeth thread!
(You can click on the photo to enlarge it,
if you'd like to see it better.)
There's also beads and pretty shuttles and other
tatting goodies! I'm in heaven!

Thank you, Easter Bunny!!!
~*~
For my tatting friends I've compiled
a little list of some free Easter Tatting Pattern links
on the internet. It's my Easter gift to you!
Blue Pearl Egg by Heather Johnston
Bunny Edging by Gina Brummet
Bunny by Mark Myers
Celtic Egg by Helen Bailey
Easter Patterns on the Tatting Pattern Calendar
Little Bunny Motif by Lisa Trumble
~*~

Happy Easter to all of you! I hope you're all having a wonderful Easter-time with your families. If you are not with your family, then I hope you find a lovely way to celebrate the meaning of Easter and God's love for us. I'm so glad you took the time to visit with me for a minute! Comments are always welcome so be sure to say hello before you say good-bye!

Love,







*
*
TattingChic
xoxo

72 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Mona said...

Happy Easter tatting chic I think you are so funny!..i have smiled again all the way through your post..thanks that is a nice Easter gift!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Happy Easter!

I love faux chocolate bunnies! I was jumping for joy when I found one in a TK Maxx store over here.

Victoria xx

Tracy said...

Hi, TattingChic! The Easter bunny was good to you this year! LOL! ;o) You've been one good bunny to get all those treats...LOVE how you've photographed things here--very clever and fun. Hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend! ((HUGS))

Tatskool said...

Fabulous post as usual, pop over to my blog to see my egg and bunny...yummy, its disappearing fast!
sorry I didn't show him naked!

Thanks for reminding me of those great links. Happy Easter to you my tatting friend.

Unknown said...

Easter Basket!!!!!!!!!!!! By the looks of what you received you must have had a Easter bushel. Glad to see the Easter bunny treated you so well. Hope you and your family have a Happy Easter.

CrazyKwilter said...

What yummy treats you have!
Those threads 'bout made me swoon.

Happy Easter!
Patricia

Lori said...

Happy Easter!!! i hope your day is wonderful and full of joy:)

Betty said...

What a fun Easter basket! Blessings to you and yours on this wonderful day!

Nancy G said...

You are such a blessing. I just love reading & viewing your blog.
Thank you so much for all you share!
Happy Easter to you and yours!

Ruby said...

TattingChic, Happy Easter! What a joy it is to read your posts. Love the threads. Ruby

Valerie said...

OMG, so many lovely things to spend Easter. Happy Easter, TattingChic! Enjoy.

blessings said...

I think your picture is definitely prettier! Don't you love it when gifts you receive are exactly the stuff you love?!

Easter Blessings... Polly

Unknown said...

Hi Mona! Thanks, I'm so glad to bring a smile to your face. :)

Oh, Victoria! I have seen those faux chocolate bunnies! They are darling and have a LOT less calories than the one I have, LOL! The one in the photo is REAL chocolate!!! Yummy! I'll have to check out TJ MAXX here to see if I can find one, as well, LOL!

Hi Tracy! Yes, that Easter Bunny is a gem, LOL! I've tried to be a good bunny! Thanks for your sweet comment!

LOL! Tatskool, I saw your foil covered chocolate bunny, yum! Mine came "naked"...well, in cellophane wrapping...and that never photographs too well, so, OF COURSE I took it off, LOL!

HA HA HA, Clyde! Yes, a bushel is right, LOL! I have a huge basket that I thought of putting it all into, but it just wouldn't have had the same effect because you couldn't see all the goodies. I just HAD to show ALL the goodies, right???

Hi Patricia! I am SOOOOO excited about those threads, you have no idea! Thanks for visiting and letting me share the photo with you.

Thanks, Lori! I hope your Easter is filled with joy, too!

Thanks, Betty! I appreciate your sweet comment.

Nancy, thank you so much! Your comment just made my day! I really appreciate it!

Thank you, Ruby! I'm so glad you like the posts. Thanks so much for telling me!

Thank you, Valerie! I feel fortunate to have lovely things. Thanks for letting me share.

Thanks, again, Polly! So glad you came to see your photo! You really inspired me! I just LOVED it!!!

Peggy said...

Happy Easter!
Peggy

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Happy Easter to you dear! Love this sweet psot and your pictures!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Easter TattingChic -- your threads are all so yummy. The jar is half FULL and someone's been to my fav cooking store LOL!

Betzie said...

Great post! I love you tatting egg and wow, that Easter Bunny was much more generous to you than to me! Not fair...LOL My grandmom always would give me one HUGE choc. bunny every Easter...it was so special to me, and yes, the ears were first to go. Love how you put yours on a pedestal...
Happy Easter!!! He is risen! :))

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

What a beautiful post! Can you send some of your springness up here to central Oregon? :)

Judy said...

What a cute Easter post. Hope yours is happy and now I'm off to eat those bunny ear.

Margie said...

I love the adorable little "tatting egg". Happy Easter!

Margie :)

Sharon D. said...

Happy Easter tattng chic. Now I like your Easter Bunny. The jay is half full.

Snap said...

Happy Easter! Delightful! The Easter Bunny is a good guy!

Charmingdesigns said...

What an absolutely fabulous post!! As far as the jar being half full or half empty...if you just filled it up then its half full, but if it was full to the brim and you ate half of them...then its half empty..heehee!! And the bunny...always the ears!!lol. Thanks for coming by!!LAURIE

BumbleVee said...

Oooooh...happy Easter to you...lots of lovely colours and treats over here....mmmmm.....thank ee......

Unknown said...

Thank you, Peggy.

Hi Maryjane, glad you liked it.

LOL! Thimbleanna! I thought you might notice that! I actually thought of you when I was purchasing certain Eastery items, LOL!

Betzie, that sounds like a lovely memory with your grandmom. Thanks for sharing.

LOL, Grizzly Mountain Arts! I'll do my best to send it your way.

Hi Judy! Oops, sorry! The ears are long gone, LOL!

Hi, Margie! Thanks! It's not just a "tatting" egg; it's a "Tatting-CHICK" egg!!!

Hi Sharon, thank you! Yes, the jar is half-full, isn't it?

LOL, yes, Snap, that Easter Bunny has been pretty nice this year.

I LOVE your answer, Laurie! Too funny! Thank you for your cute comment.

Hi BumbleVee! Thanks for visiting!

Thelma said...

What an awesome gift the Easter Bunny left you. Beautiful colors. And shuttles.
Most definately the ears would be the first to go on the chocolate bunny,,,yum yum!
Hope you had a wonderful Easter Day!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I just checked out that site and you're right the egg cozy my mum got is more or less identical!!!

She picked it up from our local supermarket!

I hope you've indulged in your real chocolate bunny!!!

Victoria xx

Draffin Bears said...

Happy Easter to you dear Tatting Chic.

I love your post and all the pretty Easter goodies you have showed us.
I love your card, violets are so pretty and I start eating my bunny from the bottom first and yes, the jar is always half full.

I hope that the rest of the weekend is happy.

Hugs
Carolyn

Angela said...

What a lovely Easter Gift. I love your bunny. I didn't get one this year but that's okay. Yours looked good enough to eat. Your threads are great and the shuttles, what will you do with all of that?

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh my goodness, I am on the FLOOR! You are hysterical! I love all your goodies, and I must say that's the best decorated egg I've seen this Easter. I didn't know there were vining geraniums (must get one!), and an HDT plant??? FABULOUS! You certainly had the Easter Bunny working hard this year. :D

Those chocolate bunnies. Mmmmm to the chocolate, but I always had a hard time with the first bite. Seems so cruel...NOT! Crunch! Bahahahaha!

Happy Easter!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Happy Beautiful Easter at your pad!!! PUUURE goooodnessss!! xoxo

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Your blog is so fresh and delightful. Love the background.

What an Easter haul! Ought to keep you busy for a bit!

Happy Easter!

Krystle said...

Lizbeth is like Icecream....

Fewer calories I think.

Unknown said...

Hi Thelma, welcome to my blog. Glad you stopped by and thanks for the comment.

Victoria, that is too funny! Gosh, I wish my local supermarket had those darling egg cozies. It's darling!

Thank you, Carolyn! I think when I was little I tried starting from a different part each year, LOL! Now I just go for it, LOL! Thanks for visiting!

Hi Angie! What will I do with all of that??? Well, what every good tatter does with it, LOL! We stash it away and buy MORE! I think most of us have enough thread and shuttles and tatting books to last 25 lifetimes!!! Ridiculous, but true! LOL!

LOL, thanks, Bella! Love your comments! You always brighten my day! No, really, you do! Yes, an HDT plant, can you believe it!?! Seriously, folks, the vining geranium is available at "Armstrong Nursery"...now, I know that may be a little hard to get to while you are in Tokyo, BUT maybe when you come over to the states again you can try to find one. I think the lady at the store may have also called in a "geranium ivy". I'd never heard of one, either, 'til the day I bought it! LOL!

Thank you, Vanessa from A Fanciful Twist! :)

Hello, Olde Dame Penniwig! Thanks for stopping by! All that thread otta keep me busy for a while, shouldn't it?? Nah, I'll probably get more before I've gotten into this new stash, LOL! I'm terrible! Really! It's an addiction!

That is a great simile, Krystal! Lizbeth thread IS like ice cream, LOL!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Great post! YOur Easter bunny certainly knows what you like!

Charmingdesigns said...

Thank you dear friend...I sometimes forget to take a look at how my blog looks.lol...I changed it.Laurie

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Looks like the Easter Bunny knew what you would like. Beautiful pictures! Happy Easter!!!

battatter said...

Such a lovely selection of goodies! oooh I am JEALOUS!

Decor To Adore said...

What utterly yummy treats you received.
The glass is definitely half full. :)

Jennifer said...

Happy Easter! I love all the goodies for the season!

artbeckons said...

I think the jar of jordan almonds must be half-empty since a full jar would be much better... of course, I'd be pretty happy to have even a half-full jar so I guess it all depends on your perspective =) Every time I'm in Michaels, I consider using my 40% off coupon to buy the jordan almonds in the wedding aisle... but I practice great restraint and buy crafty stuff instead.

Unknown said...

Yes, Cathy! The Easter Bunny and I are like this: (fingers crossed tightly)! LOL!

Hi Laurie! It's so nice to "read" your blog again! ;) You're a sweetie!

Yes, Lynn, that Easter Bunny is so good that way!

Hi Batatter! Oh, don't be jealous! Just go shopping at handy hands...or HECTOR! LOL! ;)

Thanks, Laura! Wonderful attitude you have, sweetie!

Thanks, Jenny! Glad you stopped by to visit!

Oh, Beckie! I really went overboard with those jordan almonds, LOL! They're the ridiculously expensive "Medici" brand that I purchased at Williams-Sonoma...at a MALL, no less! We all know how expensive Mall shopping is! Tsk*Tsk*Tsk! (shaking head at self). I admire your restraint!

Gail McCormack said...

Happy Easter to you Tatting Chic!
Please no more chocolate - I'm bursting at the seems - but enjoyed every little bite!
Never mind back to the diet tomorrow
The chocolate's all eaten and out of the way

Lynn B said...

Happy Easter to you!
I clicked on a link in your blog yesterday and joined the etatters blog, it will now take me 6-12 months to think about buying some thread and a spool/needle (whatever you call them`!) but I will eventually get round to creating some tatting !
The trouble is I am interested in so many things I don't have enough
pairs of hands to do it all!lol

Susanne said...

A belated "Happy Easter" from me. I loved reading your posting.

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Cute post!!

Fantastic Figments said...

Awwww your easter post was soooooooooo sweet just like you.

Thank for stopping over to my blog and your well wishes. I am fine you know for finding your way can be sometimes. All in all I am pretty okay with life right now. I have some awesome things in the works!

THAT is your kind of Easter gift. I am sure it will keep you busy for some time!

Oh and one of the fun things I have in the works is my new blog it is going to be a lot of fun, it is called

The Muse Behind The Mask
http://www.themusebehindthemask.blogspot.com

Stop over when you have a chance and read all about it!

Smooches,
Steph

vintage girl at heart said...

Oh so pretty!! The colors are so perfect for Spring!!!! You will be in tatting heaven with all of these goodies!!!
Happy Easter!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Happy Easter TattingChic!!

Lovely posts and great pictures! Wow, the silk thread color looks so vibrant.

I say the jar is half full, sounds like your getting more. hehehe

Oh my, the Easter Bunny was good to you. All that lovely thread, beads and shuttles too! Lucky you!
Have fun with all your new supplies.
Hugs! xoxoxo

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Tatting Chic, Happy Belated Easter to you and your family. Sorry I am sooo far behind. LOVE the Lizabeth threads. I have never seen her threads before. I must do a search for them. the wee Tatting Chic Eggs are tooo cool. You are right the Perfect kind of Easter Eggs. Hugs Judy

Rosemary said...

Hope you had a lovely Easter!!
Love all of your photos!
Rosemary

Kate Tracton said...

Hey Tatting Chic! I really enjoyed this post, and I have to tell you I started drooling when I saw that first chocolate bunny pic. I had this urge to bite his ears off. Then I was laughing when I saw the second picture!

You certainly wound up with some beautiful Easter treats. :) Can hardly wait to see what you make from them...

Kate

Miss Rhea said...

Really Cute post and I LOVE The TaTTING Egg :) Ok "What goes first on your chocolate bunnies?"
Answer, My MOUTH, lol !!!!! :) Happy Easter to you !!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Gail McCormack, are you sure you don't want any more chocolate??? There's at least 3/4 of a chocolate bunny left over here, LOL!

Oh, Hi Lynn! I hope you went over to inTatters where they've moved. It looks more like a bulletin board over there. I don't spend a lot of time over there anymore.

Hi Susanne! Glad you came by to say hello and wish a "Happy Easter". Belated or not, your visits/comments are always welcome.

Thanks, Distressing Delilah, a.k.a. Jenn.

Hi Steph! Thanks for visiting. Good luck with your new blog!
I'll have to go check it out sometime.

Yes, Vintage at Heart, I am in tatting heaven!

Hi Carol, thanks for all your sweet comments! I really appreciate them.

Hi Judy, Lizbeth threads are a new brand of threads out this last year 2008. Barbara Foster of Handy Hand's Tatting actually went over to China to find a thread manufacturing plant who would get the twist of the threads "just right" for tatting. The new threads for 2009 have that twist. So just go to www.handyhandstatting.com and you can order some there. I think they're at www.lacis.com as well. Lot's of pretty colors!

Thank you, Rosemary! I always appreciate your visits and comments.

Hi Kate! Those ears are always so tempting, aren't they!?! LOL! I will definately show the projects I make as they come out...I am behind on a few projects so it may be a while.

LOL! Good one, Miss Rhea! That gave me a chuckle, thanks! Glad you like the egg! It's not just a
TaTTing egg! It's a "tatting-CHICK" egg!!! Did you see the little chickie under the word "tatting"? Hee hee! I was having WAYYYYYY too much fun with the word play the other day!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Happy Easter my friend!
This post looks good enough to eat!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for lovely comments..I took the test..wait till you see results...z..z.z.
Easter was awful I wept all weekend I made angel collage cards
for my so called' family and not one called..I am always crying..weeping and creating nothing new....

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

He Is Risen! :)

I have missed you dear friend! What a joy it is here, the colors are so bright and springy! That Easter bun was very good to you!

Now I must go and check out vining geraniums!

Hugs!
Kathi :)

Paula said...

Oh my goodness, I love the "eggs"! What a sweet tribute to your Grandmother...
Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Elyse said...

talk about eye-candy! so pretty!!!

have i ever offered you my "treasured blogger" award? i would like to! the html is available at the bottom of the right margin of my blog. you truly are a treasured blogger.

xo

KatCollects said...

I love the thread idea, and I love that cermic egg carton, so cool. I always eat the chocolate bunny ears first, shhhhhh don't tell my bunnies : ) Thank you for the sweet comments about my Daughter. She was shy. She is very outgoing with her family or friends but I guess she got nervous during the video they took backstage. I hope you have a beautiful week.
Kathy

Linda said...

Happy Belated Easter....thanks for the gifts of the Easter tatting projects. I'll keep those in mind for next year. At least you shared something...you little chocolate piggy you! I hope you enjoyed all the chocolate and I hope that is not what made you sick. Everyone needs a little chocolate every now and then. What a special Easter gift, you must be a very good Bunny! Hugs and get to feeling better....Linda

Unknown said...

LOL! Thanks, Becky! I'm glad you liked it!

Oh, Couture de Papier! I'm so sorry to hear that you had a hard weekend. I am sending you big ((Hugs)) and lot's of prayers. I hope that you can find it inside yourself to be your own Easter Bunny and treat yourself to something special...maybe a new artsy thing or something to pamper yourself with! I think it's important to do things like that for ourselves when there is no one else to do it for us.

Hi Kathi! Yes, the flowers were just for you! I didn't forget that you asked to see them! I think they are also called "geranium ivy". Glad to have you back!

Thank you, Paula! Coming from a farm-chick like yourself the "egg-comnpliment" is really something special! ;) Thanks for noticing the tender moment. :)

Elyse! Thank you so much! I was just publishing my next post when you left that comment so I *hurry quick* edited it and added it in! What an honor to have your very special award...and it's animated, no less! WOW!

Thanks for visiting, Kathy! Your secret is safe with me. I'm glad your daughter got to go. I totally believe that she is outgoing...we just seem to act a little different around someone we seem to put up on a pedestal, so to speak. Glad she had a good time!

Hi Linda, thanks for stopping by! Yes, I do love chocolate! Hope you enjoy the projects. I've noticed the Mark Myers bunny is quite popular this year! The others, I haven't seen so much of this year, but I thought they were cute, too!

Gina said...

Thank you for mentioning my bunny edging pattern! I was thinking of putting that on...something...I made for Marie but then it would be limited to Easter use so I didn't. I might make one for me though. LOL! I really do need to revisit that pattern and see if I can improve it. It was one of my FIRST patterns! Well...about 3rd actually.

Unknown said...

Gina, I LOVE your bunny edging! It's adorable! I would probably use it all year long, LOL! I think I will find something to put it on for Easter next year, maybe!

Gayla said...

What beautiful things in your basket. I would have loved to have given my grandmother a shuttle as beautiful as those.. How amazing... Have a good week.

Unknown said...

Thanks you, Gayla! You can still get one of those shuttles for yourself if you want. I got them from Georgia Seitz at www.georgiaseitz.com and she has her email contact info there to enquire. :)

Just Between Us Girls said...

I love the comments you left about Taber my little boy Peke. Thank you so much. I also love the egg cartons with thread...I think they would be fun to paint colors and add the thread. I love the bunny and I love the blog after Easter. You certainly deserve the awards. CONGRATULATIONS!!! My husband has been very ill and that is why I have not been blogging.
Have a happy day.
Hugs,
Pat

Unknown said...

Thanks for your very sweet comment, Pat! I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's illness. I hope he gets well soon. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. ((Hugs))!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

WOW! What a delicious and colorful Easter....please excuse the drool.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Lady ShuttleMaker! Don't worry my blog has it's waterproof mascara on so it won't run! LOL! ;)

Unknown said...

wow That was the best Easter Basket ever..you are one lucky lady!
Hugs
shirl

Unknown said...

Thank you, Shirl! Yes, I am lucky! That Easter Bunny is somthing else, LOL! I hope he's just as good to me next easter, LOL! Oh, but then we have Christmas coming up...maybe Santa will be good to me too, LOL!