Thursday, April 16, 2009

Some Treats In The Mail Today

The mail just got here about an hour ago! I got some tatting treats that I'd love to share with you!

~*~
First, it's the April Snowflake
from Fairiebee!
What a nice surprise!
Here's a close-up.
Isn't it pretty!?
Thanks, Fairiebee!
~*~
Next, was a larger package that I have
been waiting for all week!
I ordered Martha's lovely new tatting book called
Yes, I jumped on the Tea-is-for-tatting-bandwagon
and ordered one just like everyone else
in tatting blogland. It was autographed by
Martha herself. Thanks, Martha!
It has some beautiful teapot patterns in it.
No, I haven't had time to tat up a pattern for you,
BUT
I do have some links to blog posts of tatters
who have already been at it!
Here ya go!
***
Here's a bunch of them on
*
Gina has done 2 posts on the teapot book:
an untitled post with a very pretty tatted teapot.
*
Laura posted the Celtic Teapot by Martha Ess.
*
Steph also had to show her
excitement about receiving the book!
*
Tatskool tatted up a few in different
colors and had herself a Teapot Time!
*
On The Space Between (her "old" site)
there is another lovely teapot!
*
Wally has also shared about the book here.
~*~
Have fun blog-hopping! Before you go on your whirlwind tour of tatted teapots be sure and say a quick hello! I'd love to hear from you! Hope you are having a wonderful week! I am feeling better and looking forward to going to work tomorrow...if they'll have me back...hee hee! Okay, not hee hee. I dread calling off work and wish I didn't have health issues, but I do so that's what happens. Enough of that! Did I mention I'd love to hear from you!? I would...let's talk about you, now!
Tah-tah for now,
~TattingChic
xoxo

19 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Elyse said...

hooray for treats!

tattrldy said...

Isn't it wonderful how the mail can cheer you up, or at least what it brings? Thanks for the links to the Tea posts, they look good don't they? Have fun with yours!

Glad you're feeling better :)

Tattycat said...

Great treats! Soon you will be adding your teapots to posts for all to see.

vintage girl at heart said...

Tea is my favorite thing in the worls and I look forward to seeing tatted teapots!!! Glad you are on the mend and some goodies in the mail will help that right along!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

I don't mind the link to my blog at all. I love these teapots. Right now I am tatting the Country Garden one. Earlier today I did one of the smaller ones like the ones that Pam showed on her blog. I can't wait to see yours.

Unknown said...

Yuppers, Elyse!

Yes, Tattrldy, I agree! I'm glad to have that "tatting-connection" or whatever you want to call it! It's a blessing! Thank you for your being glad that I'm feeling better.

Thanks, Tattycat! Yes, I cannot wait to tat up a teapot. It has to be a little one, though, because I have a super-fabulous-swap-project I have to get started on. Besides...I wound my shuttles to make one little one and I'm too groggy from medicine to tat, LOL! We cannot have that!

oh, Vintage at Heart, you would love this book if you tatted! I hope you do go and visit all the links and see the pretty lacy teapots! I think you'll like them because they do have a "vintage-feel" about them! They are very sweet.

Cool, Sherry! I will post my teapot when I tat it up. I think I'll start with the Tiny Square Teapot! I can't wait to see the Garden one you tat up! I'll bet it will be lovely like your others!

Draffin Bears said...

Aren't you the lucky one!
The tatted teapot book looks lovely and will go and look at the other links, thank you.

So glad to hear that you are feeling better and hope that your day back at work will be a good one.

Hugs
Carolyn

OmonSan said...

Hi, Love your treats and all the fact that you are always so incoraging! It means a lot to me and to everyone else who recieves it!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I do love Martha's book! I haven't tried any of the patterns yet, but that's okay... I can look at them over and over again!

Tracy said...

Tea and tatting...lovely combo! Such lovelies here...Happy weekend, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

Valerie said...

Hi TattingChic, hey you beat me to it. I'd only time to blog about it at lunch break and planned on informing you later. But you found out! Hope you like the award. :)

Stephanie said...

Oooh, I love treats. Have fun with the teapots. Aren't the patterns just divine? Now I just have to finish a UFO or two before I start on one!

Thanks for the award, too. I'm honored, my friend. It's been kind of hectic the past day or so, that's why I'm a bit late responding. Sorry!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Carolyn. I hope you enjoy you blog "travels".

Thank you Omon! I appreciate your very sweet comment!

Hi Diane, I haven't tried any of her patterns yet, either! They sure are pretty, aren't they?

Thanks, Tracy! I hope you have a great weekend, too! ((Hugs)) back to you!

Thank you, Valerie! That was very sweet of you to think of me! I appreciate it! You're very thoughtful.

Hi Steph, you are more self-disciplined than I! I had to wind some shuttles right up, but wasn't feeling well enough to start. I've got another project or two in the works, but I thought "what if I just do a little one-real quick", LOL!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links, I loved seeing all the tatted teapots! Thinking of you, hope you feel better soon.

The Victorian Parlor said...

I can't wit to see the tatted teapots! I love tatting and I love tea so this sounds like a great combination:)

Ruby said...

So glad I found your site, I love viewing and reading about tatting. Glad you are better. Did you make it to work? I have several ceramic teapots. I think I'll go look at some tatted ones! Ruby

Unknown said...

Thank you, Yarnjourney! Glad you liked the tatted teapots.

Hi Victorian Parlor. Thank you! Glad you came to visit.

Thank you for stopping by, Ruby! Yes, I am feeling better, thanks for asking! Work was nice...glad to be back!

Bella Sinclair said...

Aaah! These are a few of my favorite things! Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes. And of course, tea, a drink with jam and bread. Fantastic gifties! Hope you're feeling a little better. :)

Unknown said...

What a cute comment, Bella! I love "The Sound of Music"! Sweet! :)