Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Gifts From The Heart

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my bloggy friends? Oh, I probably mention it EVERY single blog post, don't I!? Aside from your comments (which I cherish - each one) I have also received some other kinds of gifts from bloggy friends!

First of all, my treat for the day was a phone call from my very dear bloggy buddy, Laura, from Laura's Tatting Muse! Laura, you absolutely made my day! Thank you so much. Those of you who aren't familiar with Laura's beautiful talent, please click on her blog link above. I've mentioned her before when we did a swap. She is a very talented tatter. Not only is she talented in tatting and other arts; she has a heart of gold, too! She's proven that she's not a "fair-weather friend", too! She's there during the rough patches and I am so appreciative of that. Today was the first time I got to hear her sweet southern accent on the phone! What a comforting treat! Thank you, Laura! What a comfort it was to chat with you today and you really cheered me up when I was feeling down from not feeling well. You can read Laura's post about our chat here.

I'd like to share some other gifts from bloggy friends, too, if I may!

~*~

Judy B is a very talented stitcher that I met
(For those of you that are familiar with
the Ning social networks this is one for needlework
of all kinds. They even have a group for lace-work
that some tatters have joined.)
Judy has a blog called Virtual Quilter.
WOW! Can this lady put out the
quilt patterns! Just check it out! You will
be blown away with ALL the quilt patterns
she has posted! She's a quilt pattern making
MACHINE! She generously sent me
some of her pattern books all the way
from Australia! Isn't that sweet!?
Here are the books she sent:
As you can see one is for a quilted centerpiece for
a double wedding ring "beaded necklace" pattern.
I have always wanted to learn quilting
The other book is for making tassels. It calls for
cotton crochet thread...hmmmmm...let me
see if might be able to drum up some of that
around here! LOL! ;)
I've also always wanted to learn how to make tassels!
This is awesome!
She also sent this lovely card with lavendar on it!

She had the sweetest note inside:
She sent it - "just because"!
Thank you, Judy B!


Psssstttt...
...fellow tatters...
...Judy has mentioned
wanting to learn to tat so
any support we can give her
would be awesome!
Tee hee!!!

~*~

Speaking of gifts from blogging friends, Denise,
from Couture de Papier has kindly awarded
me with this lovely friends award!
Thank you, Denise!
Denise is a very talented paper artist!
You will love her whimsical paper art pieces if
you like whimsy and shabby chic!
I think I'll share this award with a few tatting bloggers:
Mona from Love For Art
Copy and save the award and enjoy, ladies!
You can pass it on if you would like!

~*~
With all this sharing going on I thought I'd share a
few things with all of you!

First, here's some food for thought:
Did you know that NOTHING rhymes with orange!?!
These are the kinds of deep thoughts I have while
on muscle relaxants and being left alone for long periods
of time whilst not feeling well, LOL!
~*~
And now, my "real" gift to you...
...a free tatting decorating tip!
Fill your apothecary jar with tatting thread you
happen to have lying around!
I used DMC size 80 balls of thread.
Just look!
The Spring colors make for a cheery sight!

It's a great accent with that ceramic
egg carton that you may already
have filled with thread, LOL!



;)

Hee Hee!
**wink**wink**
~*~
Thanks again, for letting me share my silly self with all of you here in blogger land! I appreciate your friendship and look forward to hearing what you have to say. I also look forward to visiting your blogs, as well! Hope that you are having a fabulous week. I may not be feeling so well, but I am counting my blessings and doing my best to stay positive because I know that negativity tends to worsen pain. I'm grateful for my job and wonderful co-workers, my God-given talents, friends and people who are like family to me. I'm also very grateful for my faith in God! I do not know what I would do with out it!
Bye for now,
~TattingChic
xoxo

27 absolutely fabulous things were said:

{oc cottage} said...

Oh, you just be silly all you want!


m ^..^

Ruby said...

Honey, you gave me a smile to take to bed. Thank you. Love your blog.

Ruby

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

Yes you are right...The teapots were all made using Lizbeth thread. I love all the colors...of coarse I helped Barb come up with some of those colors...did you notice all the purples there are? hehe
I don't have your email address so I am answering the question you left on my blog to your blog...hehe

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

Hehe....now that is funny isn't it....to be corresponding by blogs instead of emails....

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hello TattingChic,

I think you are loved by all in blogerland. You seem to care about everyone and have made so many friends. You are such a sweet lady and so deserving of all the awards bestowed upon you.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling up to par lately. I wish you better days soon.

I am under the weather myself. Typing this post with one hand is taking forever. I am resting my right arm today. My elbow is hurting. Two years ago I had surgery on my elbow. Long story short, the tendons were completely torn from the elbow and had to be re-attached. I don't know what I did to hurt it again, but I guess I won't be tatting for a bit, just to give it a break.

I do love reading your posts. You are a lovely person.

Take care!!xoxoxox

Unknown said...

Thank you, m ^..^, I think I will be silly. :)

Hi Ruby, thank you for your sweet comment.

Hi Sherry! Thank you for answering my question, that was very considerate. Yes, I've had a few conversations via blogs, LOL! It's kinda funny, but it works - to a point, LOL!

Thank you so much, Carol! YOU are the sweet lady! I really appreciate your kind words. They mean a lot to me. I hope your elbow gets better soon. That sounds like a horribly painful thing to go through. That's a great idea to give it a rest! Maybe you need to tell your doctor??? Yes???

Dolores said...

I think all you tatting ladies are awesome. Take care of yourself and get better. I hate migraines.

laura_rose said...

Dear Tatting Chic,
You *do* deserve your award! I can relate to your back pain having spent the last week on pain killers for same myself, but like you, I find much inspiration in my newfound bloggy friends like you and Diane! Thanks for visiting, hang in there and take it easy :) As always keep smiling...the pain really does get less!

Mona said...

Hello Tatting Chic,
how very nice of you to think of me!,i will gladly take the friends award with me to Australia!..see who i can warm the heart with this friendly gift.
I send best wishes for your health to get better soon!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Isn't wonderful having so many blogging friends. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Bella Sinclair said...

Beautiful gifts! I think you're going to have to move into a bigger place soon.

Oh, dear friend. I'm sorry to hear the back pain has returned, and it has brought its friend migraine. I'm sure it's not fun, and daytime TV is pretty much awful. I hope they leave you alone soon.

I'm glad you're able to surround yourself with things that make you smile, though. Those big apothecary jars! I love those. I've always wanted to have a row of them filled with candy or decorated eggs. Colorful thread looks just as dandy!

And thanks for helping to spread the acorn!!! You're the best. :)

Tat-a-Renda said...

Oh wow! Now you don't have to tat up the thread, the look good intact as balls too, :-)

Unknown said...

Oh, you received some lovely things. Everyone loves you and we all want to see your creative posts. I love tassels, I bet you will create gorgeous tassels. Have a beautiful day. Karen

artbeckons said...

I can sympathize with the back pain and migraines - something I've struggled with since a young teenager. You're doing a great job of staying positive and truly you seemed blessed by some wonderful tatting buddies. I hope you're up and around again soon =)

Ann said...

Oh bless your heart! I hope you feel better soon- migrains are the worst!
I love to visit your blog; even when you are not feeling well you can still make others laugh- what a wonderful gift!

Donna said...

You make me smile.

Tattycat said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, Tatting Chic! Our conversation did me as much good as it did you. It was lovely to hear your voice and it seemed like we had been friends forever. You are a very special friend and you keep all of entertained with your posts. We love you! Get better soon.

Decor To Adore said...

Love the jar of thread. Orange glad I noticed? I know, that was bad. :)

Betty said...

I really like your apothecary jar with thread...just as cute as can be!

Hope your head is hurting less each day.

I'm still a little confused between tatting and crocheting...I mean, I know the difference in the actual doing of it; but, I have a couple of items I'm not sure about.

Any hints on how to tell the difference on really small items?

Tatskool said...

Trying to write a comment for your blog always leaves me speechless.

You are a one in a million blogger and I love you to bits.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Dolores.

Thank you, Laura-Rose! I appreciate your sweet and encouraging words.

Thanks, Mona! Glad you like the award.

Hi Clyde! It is really wonderful to have sweet blogging friends, yes!

Hi Bella! Thanks for your sweet comment. I've always wanted to have a row of those apothecary jars, too! I think I better go look at TJ MAXX! I only have this small one which probably cost the same at Williams-Sonoma as a whole set of large ones would at TJ MAXX! LOL!

LOL! Jon, now it's just a better reminder of all the projects I have planned with them in my mind! Believe it or not!

Thank you, Karen! You're so sweet! I appreciate that.

Hi Beckie! Thanks for your sweet and understanding comment. I'm sorry to hear that you've been dealing with this for that long!

Hi Ann! Thank you for recognizing that; I still try to be as positive as I can. Humor is healing.

Thank you, Donna!

Thanks, Tattycat! I feel like I got a big hug from you!

LOL! Laura, orange ya glad I love corny jokes???

Hi Betty! Well, you could post the pics on your blog and I could let you know if it is crochet or tatting. I think when you've tatted and you understand how much differently tatted stitches look than crocheted stitches.

That's really sweet, Tatskool. I think! ;)

Rosemary said...

You always show the most amazing stuff.
Love looking at all of the eye candy!!!
Thanks for being such a good blog buddie,
Rosemary

NeereAnDear said...

You are so cute!!

Your friends are sweet to give you such lovely gifts and awards... makes for a nice day doesnt it?

I do hope your pain gets better and by golly ....

"I'll have what she's having!!" LOL

LOTS OF HUGS
JO

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

I loved your post today and sorry to hear that you are still not feeling 100%.

Your Apothecary jar looks delightful with the tatting thread in it ~ love the colours.
You have received some lovely gifts.

Take care and I hope that you are feeling better
Hugs
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Thank you, Rosemary! That is very sweet of you to say.

Hi, Jo, thanks for your encouragement! I appreciate it!

Thank you, Carolyn! I am very blessed, indeed!

artbeckons said...

When I was in high school, they prescribe Codeine for my headaches... turns out I'm hypersensitive to it. I was singing in the halls and during an exam, I fell out of my desk onto the floor in a fit of giggles. They called my Mom to come pick me up because they thought I was "on drugs" - turns out I was but not the illegal kind... LOL!

Unknown said...

How funny and awful all at the same time, Beckie! Yes, I cannot go to work when I have to take this strong medication.