Friday, April 17, 2009

Too Much Fun!!!

After reading this post you may think this post would be more appropriately titled "Too Much Time On My Hands". This post is proof positive of that.

~*~

I took a photo from this post
and cartoonized it!

Click on the photo above to go to www.befunky.com.
Cool, huh?
Have YOU ever seen cartoonized tatting before?
Neither have I!
Thank you, Becky, for showing me
this total time-waster! ;)
It was TOO much fun!

~*~

Next, I won an award

from Val's Simple Passions: Thank you, Valerie!

Here's what Valerie had to say,

"TattingChic's blog is often complete

with poems, songs and even little video clips,

not to mention the photos that illustrates

her tatting and other experiences. So interesting!"

Gosh, Val, thanks! I'm honored!

It comes with some rules:

1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.

2.Put a link to the person who sent you the award

3. Nominate 10 blogs.

4. Put a link to their blogs.

5. Leave a message for your nominees

*****

BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

I just checked my Google Reader.

I have 396 blogs that I've subscribed to.

I have 396 favorite blogs!!!

I'm not following the rules. Yup, I feel rebellious

today toward award rules.

I am following the first two rules on this one and then that's it;

I'm sharing it with everyone! Yes, I'm doing the "cop-out".

Is that wrong? LOL! ;)

Are the "blog-award-police" going to come

after me? What will happen if they do?

I'll keep you posted if that happens!

*****

Honestly, I just don't want anyone to feel left out.

*****

Once, again, thank you, Valerie!

This is a very cute award and Valerie was very sweet

to think of me. It also means a lot!

It's also a fun fact that Heart's Desire Jewelry

that awarded it to Valerie is someone that I won

a giveaway gift from during OWOH.

It IS a small world, after all!

~*~

Does this post seem like I have a little too much time on my hands to you? Maybe I'm feeling better? I will be going back to work today, thank heavens! I am so bored from Daytime TV! I have this blog post scheduled to publish while I'm at work. Why? Because it's TOO MUCH FUN to pre-schedule a blog post! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I'd love to hear from you so feel free to leave a comment, s'il vous plait!
Bye~for now,
TattingChic
xoxo

27 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Valerie said...

heehhheeehhheheee, congrats for being rebellious. i'd wanted to do that too! glad u enjoy the award and winning something from heart desire's jewelery. :)

Cottage Rose said...

That is pretty kool looking. I have not seen a Tatting one. I have seen other photos they have been cartooned, you did a mavry job on it... Oh and congrats on the award.. I want to thank you for stopping by and leaving a very sweet comment..... :]

Hugs;
Alaura

Heather said...

Ooh, am I actually the first one to post and not the .... 53rd or something, VBG!?! Looks like you had lots of fun.... sometimes we do that when we have too much time on our hands...., VBG. Tatting Chic...Thank you for your heartfelt concern for my lack of posting.... I am back and will make some new posts soon. Hugs...Heather

Tattycat said...

I am so glad that you feel better and went to work today! I like the cartonnized tatting. Congratulations on the award! You deserve it.

Reen said...

Hello TattingChic. Just dropping by. I just love to read your blog.

Unknown said...

Valerie, thank you, LOL! It's hard to just pick 10! I do enjoy the award, it's very cute! Yes, the necklace I won is very pretty!

Thanks, Alaura! I had fun cartoonizing a few photos! Thank YOU for stopping by! Hugs back to you!

Hi Heather! Oh, no! You're the third to comment. Shall I delete the first two so you can be first? HA! (Just KIDDING Val and Alaura!) I'm glad you stopped by! It's good to see you back!

Thank you, Tattycat! It was good to go back to my "normal" life!

Thank you, Reen! That was very sweet of you to say! I appreciate it.

Bella Sinclair said...

YAY HOORAY! You're feeling better!

I must say, you might just be the very FIRST too cartoonize tatting. I am witnessing history. :)

And congrats on that super cute award. Valerie was sweet enough to include me, too. I think I may just have to follow your lead, you rebel, you.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

So glad that the cartoonizer sucked you in as well! Your tatting looks like a painting! Pretty!

Gina said...

Glad you're feeling better!

Maybe I'm missing something about the cartoonizing. My photo editing program does stuff like this. Does it move or something? I'll go look closer!

Thelma said...

So glad you're feeling better.

Kathy Raker said...

Congratulations on your awards. Cute tatting cartoon. You definitely had to much time or bored stilly. :) Glad you are feeling better.

Betzie said...

I just learned how to schedule a post! All this time and I had NO idea!
You keep having fun here!!! Happy Pink Saturday and tatting!

Celestina Marie said...

Good Morning sweet Tatt Chic,
Love the tatting cartooning. That site looks like fun. I will have to go back and browse more.

Congrats on your award. It is perfect for you and so true. Your blog always makes me smile too. It is a joy to come here.
Have a great Spring weekend.
hugs, Celestina Marie

Betty said...

Hey, thanks for sharing the cartoonizing site...we can have some real fun with that, can't we?

Happy to hear you feel well enough to return to work.

As for the pre-scheduling posts thingy, I love to do that, too.

Unknown said...

Ha ha, Bella Sinclair! You're SO FUNNY...history, indeed! Yes, "award-rule-rebels"...UNITE! LOL! ;)

Hi Becky! Thanks for stopping by! I think you've started something here!

Hi Gina. I'm not sure what you mean. Like, are you saying..."what's so great about that? My computer does that, too?" LOL! Well, maybe we're all missing something...if your photo editing programs so awesome and does that how come we haven't seen any cartoonized crochet? HUH? What's up with THAT! ;)

Thank you, Thelma.

Thank you, Kathy. Ummm...I think it was a little bit of BOTH, LOL!

Hi Betzie, now you can do two post in one day and keep them coming throughout the week! Awesome, huh?

Celestina Marie! Thank you! You are such a sweetie to say that! Honestly, your blog makes me smile, too! :) see? :)

Hi Betty, thank you. I'm glad to be back to my life, too! Isn't the scheduling thing awesome!

Thimbleanna said...

I need to figure out that advance posting thing. I tried it once and it didn't work. Happy Weekend to you!

Suzanne said...

Okay...I think I might have found a new favorite blog:-) You are so talented...and funny. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am subscribing to you so I don't miss a thing.

Veronica said...

wow you never cease to amaze me. beautiful and I love the new look.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sister TattingChic!

Now how fun is that! We have something very special in common! Here is the link where you can find the widget! It's free!

http://leeloublogs.blogspot.com/2008/05/lds-link-buttons.html

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Unknown said...

Hi Thimbleanna. I don't know how scheduled posting works with your particular blog. Hope you get it figured out.

Gosh, thanks, Suzanne! I'm flattered! I'm so glad you are following and I hope you do come back again and again!

Thank you, Veronica! You're a sweetie!

Thank you for the link, Maryjane! You're a real gem, Sis! :)

Pat said...

Sure hope you are feeling better. Yes, sometimes we do have too much time on our hands, but not often, right? Do take care and thanks for the visit to my blog today....I appreciate you. Pat

The Victorian Parlor said...

What a fun post! I love lighthearted, fun things and this made me smile (of course, your blog always makes me smile:). Glad you are feeling better!

Blessings,

Kim

Elyse said...

hooray for time wasters! just have fun. :)

happy pink saturday to you, tatting chic!

xo

Anonymous said...

Love your 'fun' time~~we all need our space-out time, right?
Congrats on your newest award! Bloggie world is just so generous~love it!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving another sweet comment~I truly do appreciate it!

Hugs,
Lynn

Unknown said...

Hi Pat! I so appreciate your visits! Glad you stopped by!

Kim, that is the sweetest thing to say! Thank you! I'm glad my blog makes you smile!

LOL, Elyse! What a free-spirited attitude! Thanks for visiting!

Hello, Lynn! Thank you! Blogland is a fabulous place and I am glad to be a part of it for sure! I get to "meet" nice people such as yourself!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi TattingChic,

Yes, only so much day time TV watching you can do!
Glad to hear that you are feeling better but having to go back to work?
I am sure you would rather be tatting.
Love how you have done a Cartoon Tatting piece.

Congrats, on yet another Award!

Enjoy your weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn! Oh, I'm GLAD to go back to work! If you worked with people as nice as I do then you would too, LOL! Besides, how else will I pay for the tatting habit!?! ;)