Saturday, April 4, 2009

Welcome Friends!!

I love our fine feathered friends! I think that birds are beautiful creatures and enjoyable to watch. Does that make me a "bird-watcher"? I don't know, but what I do know is that I think that a little visit outside my window from a little birdie is so sweet, especially when it's a visit from the hummingbirds. What better way to welcome them over to my place than with some food! Why not do it with style!?! Flair!! Finesse!
Oh, I've really gone overboard this time, but that's okay. That's what some of us creative folks do best, right?


Right!



Well, I did some "creative" shopping this last month.



~*~



I got this:

(Click on photo for source of photo and ad)


***

subtracted this:

***

Added this: (Click on photo for source of photo and ad)

***

I ended up with this:
Voila'! See how the scrolls in the hummingbird feeder
reflect the scrollwork in the stand?

Yummmmm!!!

Wadda ya think?

(for my international friends that have a 1st language

other than English, that's slang for "What do you think?) See? It even has little dangles just like a real chandelier, LOL!


***


Here's a hummingbird's view of one of the feeder heads: It's blown glass.



If you were wondering how the regular birds were
going to get their fair share now that I've "done away"
with the original bird feeder that went with the stand,
never fear,
I got them this little angel.

No, really, I got them an angel.

See? Isn't she pretty?

*****

She's sweet, too!

*****

See how she's holding out birdseed in one hand
and holding a birdie in the other hand.
Awwww!

Thanks for allowing me to indulge this blog
with my birdie love!

*****

You know, I really should've entitled
this blog post "The Big Splurge"!

;)


~*~


Now, for all my fabulous
blog friends who flew in just to see some tatting
don't you go away just yet!

I've got something for you, too!

It's the March Snowflake
that just flew in this week
from Fairiebee!

Here's a close up for you.
Isn't it pretty?


~*~

Welcome friends and thanks for flying in to say hello! Hopefully, you know by now that comments are always welcome! New friends are welcome, too! Stop by anytime and be sure to say hello before you fly off!
Sincerely,
TattingChic
xoxo

60 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Oh my gosh! Those are the most beautious bird goodies I think I've ever seen! LOL All the birds will want to hang around in your yard this spring :)

Valerie said...

The birds will love the bird feed and angel. (And you are the angel!) Very nice.

Donna said...

Those are so beautiful! The birds will be telling all their bird friends about the fabulous stuff you have for them. Now here in Texas, I would spend each day worrying if the wind or a big storm was coming up to break that beautiful handblown glass!
The tatting is lovely also!

Stephanie said...

Love what you did with the bird feeders. Very nice! That snowflake is
fantastic, too. So pretty.

Mona said...

I think it is so beautiful..lucky birds in your garden!

have a nice day

xx Mona

Draffin Bears said...

I love your bird feeders TattingChic and how kind you are to look after them.
We do not have hummingbirds over here but I have been fascinated watching them on the TV.

I love birds too, something so neat about seeing them flying about and watching their movements.

Your snowflake is pretty.

Have a great day
Hugs
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Hello Grizzly Mountain Arts! Thanks a bunch! Oh, I'm so glad you like them. I hope the birds DO want to hang out here this Spring, LOL! Well, not ALL of them, LOL!

Hi Valerie! Thank you for your sweet comment. Nice to be thought of as an angel! I like that! :)

Hi Donna, I hope the birdies do tell their birdie friends! Especially the hummingbirds! I think that word is getting out about the ground feeder. First there were just these 2 birds for weeks and now I'm seeing 4 or more at a time.
You can bet that if some big windy storms comes up I'll be taking that puppy inside, LOL! We don't have a lot of that here, though. Thank heavens, just earthquakes, LOL!

Thanks, Steph! I'm so glad you like the birdfeeders! I was kinda worried my tatting buddies would be rolling their eyes at my not-very-tatting-like post, LOL! Thanks for your FEEDback, LOL!

Hi Mona! Thank you! So sweet of you to say.

Hello, Carolyn, and welcome back! I will try to snap a pic of the hummingbirds just for you, but that is a challenge, believe me. You never know, though. I plan on buying a very comfortable patio chair and sitting very still, all poised with the camera all ready to "shoot" those little guys! Do you think I can sit still like that for hours at a time? LOL!

Lace hearts said...

Whaddawethink?
I think it's terrific, (though I'm disappointed it's not fully tatted ;-) LOL ) but I'd so love to see a hummingbird at work on it. Or maybe two or even three. ;-) I remember the first and only time ever had a hummingbird buzz by me - it came right up, because I was wearing a flowery shirt, and I was so amazed, it was gone before I realized how lucky I was. I've always remembered how beautiful and tiny it was though. And fast!
I love the snowflake. Very pretty indeed.

Bella Sinclair said...

Eeeeeeeeee! That is GORGEOUS! I love how you've changed it around and added the colorful chandelier. Oh, I wish I were a hummingbird. How pretty and fun! That's dining elegance for you. Beautiful snowflake, too! Now that it's warming up a bit, it's nice to receive a bit of winter fairlyland in your mail. Thanks for showing us these photos!

Nima said...

wow...that is beautiful.

YOur snowflake is also pretty

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What lovely birdies!

Victoria xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Tattingchic, well now we know where all the well to do hummingbirds are dinning this year. Nothing like a 4 star restaurant to attract them. As for the other birds, to be fed By an angel is special indeed. Love your snowflake.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a lovely way to feed the birds... the bird woman in Mary Poppins would be proud! Lovely little snowflake too... looks like we might see some real ones tonight... sigh!

Bonnie said...

I'm glad I don't live close to you, all of our hummers would leave us for your beautiful feeder rather than our generic one.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

The birdfeeder is lovely--like an outdoor chandelier.
:)

Angela said...

What a great hummingbird feeder. I am sure all of the other birds will be jealous. I too enjoy feeding the birds. Sadie loves to chase them. I don't think she will catch one. I hope you can get your pictures.

Tracy said...

Soooo beautiful!! Oh, I love hummingbirds! I miss them...we don't have them where I'm living now, so they are much missed friends. I used to love finding the birds...But with our cat Charlie often outside, well, he scares away the feathered sweeties, I do believe...LOL! That angel is heavenly...so lovely. And the tatted snowflake is too! Hope you are having a good weekend, my friend. Oh, thanks so much for your great cheer at my place...I'm very excited about all the new things happening just now! :o) ((HUGS))

Pat said...

Hey there! Love the hummingbird feeder!!! It's so cool! Would you send me an email..just check out my profile for address...I have some tatting I'd like to share with you. Thanks, Pat

Lori said...

the hummingbirds are really going to love you...that's quite the feeder!!! you will be the most popular yard in your neighborhood:)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Lace Hearts. Fully tatted...har har har. Hummingbirds are pretty amazing! I can't wait for them to find their way here!

Hi Bella Sinclair! Glad you like the bird goodies! Hee hee, I can't wait for my new "friends" to arrive.

Thank you, Nima, on both accounts!

Thanks, Victoria!

LOL! Thanks, Clyde. I do hope the hummingbirds enjoy the dining "ambiance" I've tried to create for them. The other birds have been enjoying their angel for some time now.

Hi Diane! Always so nice to have you stop by. Thanks...I think...LOL! Bird lady wasn't exactly what I was going for, but alright! Thanks on the snowflake, too. Didn't you win that giveaway, as well?

LOL, Bonnie! Oh, I don't know if all the hummingbirds would do that at all. I loved my generic hummingbird feeder! I don't know how well this one will work for the hummingbird because there's no place for them to rest while they eat. Maybe they can stand on the blown glass flower part.

Hi Cathy, thanks! Yups, that's exactly what it is like.

Hi Angie! Those hummers move pretty fast, don't they? I don't think Sadie will catch one, either, LOL! I will try to catch one, too, with the camera. That, too, will be a challenge.

Hi, Tracy! Oh, I think if I lived where there are no hummingbirds I would be sad, too. Charlie is a cutie, but I guess he would scare the birds away!

Thanks so much, Pat! That is such a generous offer! I actually sent an email last night, you should've gotten it by now. I hope you get it. I guess I'll try again later if I haven't heard back from you.

Hi Lori! Thanks for stopping by! I hope they do like it!

Pat said...

In answer to your email this a.m., I didn't receive one earlier in the night...but, did send one very early this morning to you. The second asking for you to email so you can give me your mailing address as I have some tatting to share....would you mind trying again. Thanks, Pat

Unknown said...

Hi, again, Pat,
I haven't received your email yet, but I did send another one off to you; this time by responding to the comment above which had your email address listed.

Hopefully, we will be able to connect one way or another! LOL!

Betty said...

Well, that's the cutest hummingbird feeder EVER! You are just too crafty!

Char said...

That is just amazing!!! I would have never thought to do that. And, the Angel is so pretty. What fun!!!

Love the tatted snowflake, too!

I still haven't done any tatting. I tried while I was down sick....but I guess that's not the time to attempt something like that. I'll keep trying.

Angela Harris said...

Wow you have been busy. I love the bird feeding ideas. the humminbird feeder is beautiful!
If you have an extra pair of old worn out heels come over see if you would be interested in joining my Marie Shoe Soiree!

The Victorian Parlor said...

Wow-that is the most beautiful hummingbird feader I have ever seen! We have several hummingbirds that come to visit-they are such amazing little creatures. I love to watch the birds in the yard-there is something intriguing about them:) The angel feeder is pretty too! Your birds will no doubt feel like royatly dining at your yard!

Happy Palm Sunday!

Kim

Pat said...

I'm getting your last two comments in my email as blog comments. So the only address I get is "noreplyblogger.com".......so I can't reply to you other than on the comment section of your blog.
I'd like your REAL mail address so I can send you something....which I'm sure you'd rather give me privately....not in the comment section. Could you send me email separate from the blog? Let's try one more time! Pat

Unknown said...

Thanks, Betty! Glad you like it!

Welcome back, PawsN2stamp! It's so good to see you again! I had fun putting that hummingbird feeder! Well, good luck with the tatting! I'm not sure how good that book is or not, but I do know that you tube also has some free instructional video's available and that should really help!

Hi Angela Harris, thanks for stopping by! Thanks for the invitation, as well! I probably won't join in as I am busy with some other projects, but I will definately watch all the lovely goodies people come up with!

Hello Kim! Happy Palm Sunday! I hope the little birdies do like the feeder! They seem to. I'm still waiting for the Hummingbirds to find their way here.

LOL! Pat, I just got your comment. Pat, the reason you have gotten comments is because I have come over to your blog and commented. When you comment on my blog it notifies me via email with your personal email address. When I comment on your blog (or anyone's) it says "Noreply at blogger" because I made sure my email address won't show up for privacy reasons. When I responded to that comment via email it went through the email system...it doesn't come to your comments it goes to "paeaton at (youremail).com" because that's how your comments show up; from that email address. I have now sent 4 emails to that address. I will need another email address in order to email you because obviously the servers aren't delivering my emails to your email address and I'm not willing to leave my email in a comment. Sorry! I don't know what to tell you! It's not either person's fault, LOL! Sometimes the email servers are funny that way.

blessings said...

Sending you an Easter photo...
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa118/countingyourblessings/P1000288_0407.jpg

Blessings... Polly

Kathleen Grace said...

Well the birds will be dining in style this summer! Beautiful bird feeder and angel:>)

One Craft at a Time said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your bird feeders and I love spring:) Very creative hummingbird feeders and I'm sure you'll see lots of hummingbirds stopping by for a snack. Love the tatted snowflake too!

Veronica said...

I totally love your bird feeder. WOw you will have every bird in town there. LOVE IT

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Love those hummingbirds. What a wonderful way to welcome them! And I do not feel you have slighted the others... LOL! LOL! Hope you have a wonderful day,

Kitty

mica said...

The hummingbird feeder is very clever! I hope you will have plenty of cute little hummingbirds to observe this summer. And other birds too:)

Rebecca Ramsey said...

That is the most elegant hummingbird feeder I've ever seen! Just wait...you'll have tourist birds flocking in just to see it!
Lovely!

Bella Sinclair said...

It's me again! flap, flap, flapping to your feeder. (should that be hum, hum, humming?) :)

I have a very special award for you. It means a great deal to me, and I have the honor of making you one of its very first recipients.

Heather said...

Fantabulous! Thanks for feeding the birds... a girl after my own heart.... love the little snowflake too.

artbeckons said...

Wow... that is the most amazing hummingbird feeder I have ever seen! I am not quite ready for Spring because we have not had enough snow here yet... but I am starting to notice a green tint to the tree branches so I know it will be here soon!

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog this weekend... I appreciated your kind comments =)

Unknown said...

Polly, Polly, Polly!!! OMGoodness! I love that photo! Thank you so much! It was adorable! I want to share that on Easter!

Thank you, Kathleen Grace! I hope they enjoy their "dining experience", LOL!

Thank you, One Craft At A Time! Glad you came by to visit. I appreciate your comment.

LOL! Oh no, Veronica! Not EVERY bird in town! LOL! Have you met the seagulls here? They are like out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie when it comes to food. ;) Thanks for the sweet comment.

LOL! Thanks, Kitty! I'm glad you don't feel I have slighted the other birds. I love those hummers, too (and I don't mean gigantic SUV's, either)!

Hi jmm! Thanks for your comment! I've already had some cute little birdies come by. Now I'm waiting for the sweet little hummingbirds to make their way, here!

LOL! Oh, Becky! You are a hoot! Thanks for making me smile!

You're so cute, Bella Sinclair! Thanks for flapping on by! Oh, your award just made me cry. You are such a sweetie and so caring and giving to so many in the blogging community! I will be posting that award this weekend!

Thanks, Heather! Yes, birds are sweet, aren't they? They hold a sweet and tender place in my heart.

Hi, Becky! Thanks for stopping by! What a sweet comment! I'm glad you like the hummingbird feeder! I have really enjoyed it so far!
Oh, I love visiting your blog! You are so creative! Please stop by my blog anytime you feel like it!

Unknown said...

Wow! Lucky birds!! I just love how your feeder turned out. My mother is constantly trying to get me to hang some kind of contraption outside my studio window for the birds, but I never like any of the feeders...they just aren't pretty enough. I could definitely live with that gorgeous feeder outside my window. And the angel is just gorgeous!!
XOXO
Jillian

Jessica Rodarte said...

How pretty. I'm glad you shared your love of birds :) The hummingbird feeeder is the fanciest, loveliest feeder I've ever seen!! :o)

shabbyfufu said...

I LOVE your new creation! If you can get some photos of the hummingbirds visiting I would sure like to see them posted! Have a great week....~XOXO~Janet

Snap said...

As usual, your tatting is gorgeous. Loved your story about the new hummingbird feeder. You've been busy! Bird watching for me is a daily must. I just have to watch the birds in the back yard at the feeder or in the bird bath. They are so funny and beautiful.

Thimbleanna said...

Love those beautiful bird feeders! Soooo pretty. And might I just add, although that "dry" cake has disappeared, you're a great decorator!

Unknown said...

Hi Jillian! Glad you like the birdfeeder! Well, the ad for it is linked to the photo. Just click on the photo and it will take you to where you can buy that one. It comes in cobalt blue, green, clear and other color of feeders all with red dangles (hummingbirds are attracted to red). Hope you get one sometime!

Thanks, Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! Glad you like it. Thanks for visiting!

LOL! Shabbyfufu! Glad you like the combination of the two purchases. I wish I could call it my creation, LOL! I just put the two together. I feel sheepish taking credit for it, LOL!
Oh, BTW, of course I will snap some pics of the hummingbirds ~ if I can! I will sure make an effort to and you can bet I will post them when I do!

Thanks, Snap! Oh how fun to have a birdbath! That's next on my outdoor shopping list. You are right, sometimes those birds are really funny!

Hi Thimbleanna! LOL! Thanks for stopping by. Don't worry; that "dry" cake will be back later this week. That darn blogger! I published it as a scheduled post and put the correct time and date and everything and it completely ignored the future time and published it anyway! Aaaaargh! So now it showed up in everyone's google reader and their blogrolls and there's nothing I could do about it except to re-edit it and publish it again...this time it "took". LOL!

a pink-bee said...

Love those feeders ! Thanks for letting me know the snowflake made it to you :) Will be sending out April's this week :). Thanks for stopping by to visit and leaving such nice comments ~ yes, the bees are mine :)
Have a happy day ,
crystal

Mary Ellen said...

You are a multi talented human being. I'm in awe.

Anonymous said...

Love your hummingbird feeder and the seed feeder too! You did a wonderful job putting those pieces together.

Elyse said...

your outdoor "chandelier" is so so so so cool!!!

Linda said...

What a lovely Hummingbird feeder, I hope that you are able to get some photos of the birds that visit it to show us.
Cheers Linda

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Your birds will love you! I am sure those little humming birds will find you quickly! Beautiful. Karen

Barb said...

Hi Miss TattingChic,

Love what you did, very creative! Tommy would have a field day (he loves to watch (chase) birds.
Thank you for entering my little giveaway. Maybe next time you will be the winner but you know, YOU ARE A WINNER!

hugs,
Barb

paperbird said...

My birds are going to be jealous!
Splurge on yourself and buy the Williams and Sonoma nest and edible eggs. You will love it so much.

The snowflake is very sweet- i love it.

Back Through Time said...

I love your bird finds!! That hanging piece is wonderful, very very clever.
xo,
Michelle

Rosemary said...

Lucky birds!!!
Really great feeder!
Rosemary

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hi TattingChic, I love your bird feeders. They are adorable. I am a bird lover. I have two cockatiels and I love to watch birds outside too. I have been very lucky, I have actually held a hummingbird twice in my life. Yup! It was awesome. The first time I saw something trapped in the netting that covers our blueberries. I went over and saw a hummingbird trying to get out. He held still and let me take him out. It was just an awesome experience. Then a year later I was watching the birds outside my family room and I saw something move on the ground, so I went outside to check it out thinking it was a mole, but here it was a baby hummingbird that fell out of his nest. So I picked it up and held him a moment. Put him on a branch in our cherry tree. I went back inside the house and watched and here came the mother hummingbird and she fed her little baby. She kept coming back to feed her. I kept watching the little baby and actually saw it fly away the next day. It was such an awesome experience. Thanks for posting pictures of your new bird feeders.

I hope you have a wonderful Easter!
xoxoxo

Nancy G said...

The bird feeders are sooo pretty. You have to know, that 9 out of 10 times that I am on the PC my parrotlet 'Abby' is on my shoulders, on my wrist, on the keyboard...lol

Unknown said...

Hi Crystal, that is so cool that you have a bee hive. How nice to have honey and care for some of nature's most important little "Bee"-ings.
I look forward to April's snowflake! Thank YOU for visiting once in a while and saying hello! You're always welcome here.

Thanks, Mary Ellen. That is a very generous compliment...especially since I didn't make any of the birdfeeders...I just put them together. Thank you!

Thank Yarnjourney! Glad you like the birdfeeder "ensemble", LOL!

Hi Elyse! Thank you so so so much! :)

Hi Linda! You can bet that I will be sharing photos of birds as they come...not always the easiest to do, but I am up for the challenge and will share any clear photos I get on my blog for sure!

Hi Karen, thank you! I hope the birds do love their new dining areas.

Awwww...thanks, Barb; you're a winner, too! LOL, you are so funny! That was a fabulous prize you were giving away, though!

Okay, Paperbird! Maybe that will be my Easter present to myself, LOL! I wonder if they only have it online. Maybe I can get it inside the store, aye?

Thanks Michelle, glad you like it!

Thanks, Rosemary! Glad you stopped by!

Wow, Carol! That is really cool that you have been able to hold a hummingbird twice in your life! Very cool. Thanks for sharing that sweet story. You have a great Easter, too!

That is cute, Nancy! I love birds. I'll bet your bird keeps you good company while you are at the keyboard, LOL!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Tatting Chic, Happy Easter to you and your family. I will look forward to seeing your tatted lace icing cake. WOW those cakes were truly very family and I especially love the laced heart one. Love your hummer feeder and your garden angel.

Hugs Judy

Unknown said...

Hi Judy! Thanks for stopping by! Glad you liked both posts. Don't hold your breath waiting for the tatted lace cake, LOL! It's a dream still! You never know, though! :)