Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Heart Is Complete

My tatted heart, that is! My own real heart is still a work in progress as I have mentioned before.

~*~
Here's a photo of it in the late afternoon sun.
(Click on photo to enlarge)
I finished this last Sunday. I tatted it for my friend,
Laura, who has had some major challenges
health-wise. In spite of this she still finds a
way to be giving and very sweet to her online friends.
*
I wanted to surprise her with it so I waited until I
had heard from her that she had received it to post it.
She even has a post about it here!
*
This will count as Motif #2 for my second round of the
*
Please see my last post if you are interested in the
information about the materials that I used for this heart.
~*~
Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend! Thank you for coming to visit! I hope you leave a comment before going over to Laura's Tatting Muse to say hello or wish her well. Comments are always welcome here!
Caio for now!
~TattingChic
xoxo

74 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The heart is beautiful! I know Laura will love it! What a kind and thoughtful gift!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful heart. I am sure Laura loved it. How very kind of you.

Thelma said...

Such a beautiful heart I am sure she loved it!

Old Jail Artist said...

You amaze and inspire me with all your lovely tatting. What a wonderful gift for a friend!

Bella Sinclair said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gesture. She must have been stunned by its beauty. This is incredibly beautiful and absolutely phenomenal!

The Painted Nest said...

Another Beautiful Work Of Art from very loving hands. What a sweet gift!!!! Blessings Always, Deborah

Fox said...

Beautiful heart, TattingChic. And lovely sentiments to go with it.
Fox : )

Mona said...

Beautiful Tatting chic I hope one day i will get on in the mail..I have not been tatting lately because I have this knitting project I want to finish for this coming winter,I started it last year!..

Bye for now!

Ruby said...

TattingChic, I had not seen the previous post. I took a good look! The heart last week was gorgeous and now is beyond that. But I must tell you I think even one picot is gorgeous. :0 The finished heart has a 3 dimensional look. Such a kind gift. Ruby

Tattycat said...

Yes, the heart really is beautiful. And you always manage to get the most gorgeous photos. Thank you so much for the lovely gift of your talent and friendship. All of the prayers are felt and appreciated.

Tat-a-Renda said...

You have such a big heart. How wonderful of you to make this for Laura. She is so lucky to have you as a friend.

Unknown said...

Thanks Diane! I was glad to send it to her.

Hi Clyde. Thank you!

Thank you, Thelma!

Awww...that is very sweet of you to say! Thank you, Old Jail Artist!

Hi Bella Sinclair! Oh, you are too sweet! I don't know if she was stunned...she could tat one up herself is she wanted too, LOL! You're kind!

Thank you very much, Deborah! I appreciate that.

Thank you for your sweet comment, Fox!

Hi Mona! Have fun knitting! Why don't you sign up for a tatting exchange at InTatters if you want some tatting in the mail!?

Thank you, Ruby. I'm glad you came to visit and looked at the previous post. Hope you come back often!

Thanks, Tattycat! I'm glad you like the heart! Thanks for letting me know it got to you okay! ((Hugs))!

Thank you, Jon! You are very sweet! Actually, I am lucky to have Laura as a friend. She's been very emotionally supportive to me during a really challenging time in my life last year! :)

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your posts, here. What lovely work, and what lovely tools! The heart has a lot of deep texture to it.

Ann said...

What a sweet heart!And what a sweetheart you are for making it for a friend!
I'll bet Laura loves it, how could she not?

Judy said...

Your heart is so beautiful. Laura is a lucky girl to receive such a wonderful gift.

Draffin Bears said...

What a sweetheart you are TattingChic to make such a lovely gift for your friend Laura.
I love the heart and it is such a beautiful rich colour.

I hope that you have a lovely week.

Hugs
Carolyn

Dolores said...

Beautiful. Laura is so lucky to have you as a friend.

Betzie said...

This is so so pretty, love the deep red and Laura will cherish it always I'm sure. xo

The Victorian Parlor said...

The heart is beautiful! I feel certain that she loved it! What a gracious gesture:)

Blessings.

Kim

Diana said...

I love your heart, I needle-tat, learned in Minnesota about 8 years ago. Thanks for a really cool blog; I'll be checking back to see your beautiful things.

Tatskool said...

Your heart looks beautiful with all the shadows. Laura must love it, that was such a nice thing to do.

Heather said...

Stunning, absolutely stunning... and the colour of the thread is absolutely scrumptuous! What a very thoughtful and "heart"felt gift... there is no doubt Laura would love it!

our shabby cottage said...

Gosh you are a clever girl! I hope Laura finds some comfort and hope from your gift.

paperbird said...

What a kind and generous gift to your friend. the heart is absolutely gorgeous.

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Gorgeous Heart! Laura will just love it :) Karen

Unknown said...

Thank you, Sayingthings! Glad you like the heart and the tools used to make it. Come back again!

Hi Ann! Thank you!

Thank you, Judy!

Hi Carolyn, thank you! I hope you have a good week, too!

Thank you, Dolores!

Thank you, Betzie!

You're so sweet! Thank you, Kim.

Hi Diana! I'm so glad you came for a visit! Thank you for your comment! I hope you start tatting again. Please do come back often!

Thank you, Tatskool! I appreciate the comment about all the shadows! I didn't really like the photo, but there was nothing I could do about it! I had just finished it and was mailing it out the next day. Had to take the photo then or no pic!

Thank you, Heather! I appreciate your sweet pun! Yes, it was a "heart"-felt gift, indeed! ;)

Thank you, Our Shabby Cottage. THat is sweet of you to say. I hope she gets better soon!

Hi Paperbird! Thank you for your sweet comment and well-wishes for my friend.

Thank you, Karen! I knew that she likes Yarnplayer's HDT color "Pizzazz" and she loves tatting so it was it was almost a sure thing, LOL! :)

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

What you do is AMAZING! I know Laura was more than thrilled to received this special gift from you.
Patricia :o)

Elaine said...

Your heart is gorgeous! I looked back and noticed the teapot too. It is so cute!

Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog.

Rosemary said...

Thank you for your sweet comments.
Your heart is really pretty. Laura will love it!!
Have a great week,
Rosemary

tattrldy said...

Well, you might not have liked the picture, but it comes across very well! Beautiful job. And what a wonderful thought to sent it to her.

Anonymous said...

Your tatted heart is stunning. I love the thread you chose. Just perfect for that heart. Lovely photograph too.

Anonymous said...

that is such a beautiful work of art!

Imoshen said...

Great work, that heart is lovely. Have fun with the challenge. I'm too mind swamped to start myself but I do love seeing everyone else's work.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

The heart is beautiful, but even moreso the friendship you have found with Laura. I disobeyed you and went to her blog first and read about your friendship. Lovely just lovely. Twyla

Tanya said...

This heart is so adorable! What a lovely gift for your dear friend.
Thank you for sharing the finished piece.

Tanya

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

I do not tat but I find your creations very fascinating.
I am a collector of fine needlework and the beauty of the tatted collars I am caretaker of are of such beauty they take one's breath away.
Your tatted heart is lovely.
Susan

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hi TattingChic, Lovely heart for Laura. It looks like you double layered the heart. It looks fantastic.

I wanted to let you know that I added the link on my site for that website I found, "free-tatting patterns".

Have a great day!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Oh, WOW! It's beautiful!

Tracy said...

It turned out a treat, TattingChic...Laura will adore it! Beautiful...and love that strong red color. Happy week ahead, my friend ((HUGS))

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

ello my Dear,Thank you so much for stoping by and wishing me well.I am doing better,just not all the way yet.
This is a very beautiful heart.I just love it.You make such wonderful things.Its alway a pleasure coming by.Hugs and kisses Marie Antionette

Natasha Burns said...

Loving the wonderful complete heart!

Unknown said...

Hi Patricia! Thank you. I hope she was. I just wanted to brighten her day and give her a tatted "hug".

Hi Chatelaine! Thank you! I'm glad you came to visit!

Thanks, Rosemary! I'm glad you stopped by.

Thank you, Tattrldy! You're very kind! Glad you came over to visit.

Thank you, Yarnjourney! I appreciate your sweet comment.

Thank you, Tinkerverve!

Hi Imoshen! The nice thing about the 25 Motif Challenge is that you get to pick when the year starts and it ends 1 yr after that. You could even tat 25 of the same thing and count each one as a motif. It's kind of cool. I'm glad that I've done it because it's kept me tatting.

Hi Twyla, I'm so glad that you took the time to go over and visit Laura's blog! Gosh, "disobeyed" is such a strong word...I had no idea that I had delivered a "commandment"! LOL! ;)

Hi Tanya! Thank you. I appreciate your comment! Glad you stopped by!

Hi Susan, thanks for stopping by. Glad to hear that you have a deep appreciation for tatting. I'd love to see some of your pieces that you have collected!

Hi Carol! Thanks for your sweet comment! I actually did not double layer the heart! It is just one strand of size 20 thread! The long shadows of the late afternoon sun that were cast made the lace look more "thick" or deep than it actually was. Isn't that funny?

Thank you, Cathy!

Hi Tracy! Thank you. Glad you like the "strong" red color! ((Hugs)) back to you!

ello back to you, dear Marie Antoinette! It's good to hear from you! I'm glad you are feeling better. Hope you're back feeling 100% better soon!

Thank you, Natasha! You're a sweetie!

Pat said...

A beautiful heart, indeed!!! Thanks for your two comments on my blog this weekend and yes, tatting would look great on the candlestick pincushion. Tatting enhances many things, it's true. pat

Back Through Time said...

The heart turned out beautiful! I found a large amount of antique tatted lace at an auction last weekend. I love tatting but will probably sell it. SO much work goes into it but you know this:-)
Michelle

paperbird said...

I did a little antique shopping this weekend and found a small tatted piece. I thought of you :)

Lace hearts said...

What a beautiful heart - I love hearts so much, and that is very special.
Thank you so much for popping by. I so enjoy your visits, and you always say things that make me feel so warm inside. Thanks for that.

Barb said...

Just lovely! The way you packaged it was very special too. Girl, you have a heart of GOLD!

hugs,

Anonymous said...

This is really really gorgeous. Your friend is very lucky to have you care for her.

Alexia said...

Your heart is amazing. And the one you tatted, too! heehee. Thanks for visiting me on my new endeavor. God bless! - Alexia

Fete et Fleur said...

Laura's heart is beautiful! I'm sure she will be thrilled to receive it.

Hugs!
Nancy

Andrea said...

That is pretty, how talented you are!xo Andrea

Reen said...

A lady with a kind heart, tats a beautiful heart. love the colours.

Dean Grey said...

Such a beautiful, vivid red!

-Dean

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, she's a beauty -- what a lucky friend!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Stunning heart,

Victoria xx

Unknown said...

what a beautiful heart! I love the color. So rich :)
Hugs,
Amy

Kelly said...

Wonderful work. It looks so intricate, and I know a lot of time went into making that masterpiece!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Pat! I'm glad you stopped by. Thanks for the comment.

Hi Michelle! Lucky you for finding some tatting. I've found a lot of tatting at antique shops - it's not always easy to find!

Awww...thanks, Paperbird! I hope you show the tatting that you found on your blog!

Oh, thank you, Lace Hearts! I really appreciate that sweet comment. I believe it's very important to give away as many "Warm Fuzzies" as possible!

Oh, thank you, Barb! You are very sweet. I don't know about that heart-of-gold thing, but I do know that I appreciate the friendship she has offered me.

Hi Dianelaces! Thank you. I am the lucky one to have her friendship and support this last year.

Hi Alexia! I'm glad to see you "out and about" again in bloggerland. Good luck in your new endeavor and I hope you accomplish all you set out to do!

Thank you, Nancy. I appreciate the comment.

Thank you, Andrea! You are kind.

Aw, thanks Reen! You're sweet!

Thank you, Dean! Glad you like it. I love the vivid! I knew my friend liked it so that's why it's in that color!

Thank you, Thimbleanna. I don't know how "lucky" my friend feels with all her health issues she's been faced with, but I do hope this comforts her in some way!

Thank you, Victoria!

Thank you, Amy! Glad you like the color. I do, too.

Thanks, Kelly! It was worth the time! It was a learning piece, too! I got to practise more split-chains!

Paula said...

Oh, that is gorgeous... once again you've "wowed" me! And the color is so vibrant and pretty!

Decor To Adore said...

How kind of you to give a bit of your heart to your friend. Blessings to you both.

Linda said...

What a beauty...I know your friend will always treasure it...hugs, Linda

Betty said...

I'm home from Arkansas and playing catch up. Your little heart is lovely...absolutely lovely! You did a fine job; I'm sure Laura will hold it lovingly!

Unknown said...

Hi!
You are just such a sweet Heart!!! That is gorgeous! Thanks for being such a sweet blogging frined!
Blessings..Lorena

Celestina Marie said...

Oh the heart turned out so pretty and I love the rich color. Laura will just love it. Your heart sent to hers. So beautiful!!

You asked if I moved? No, but I have a new yard because I have been redesigning it and doing lots of new planting. It took us several weeks and we are finally finished. Thank you for asking and thank you for your kind comments. Good Luck in my giveaway.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

rochambeau said...

Your heart turned out beautifully Tatting Chic!!
Also, your photograph is pretty too.

Laura is a lucky girl.
Your heart will bring her joy and your kindness!

xox
Constance

Unknown said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Your friend is fortunate to be receiving such a labor of love.
Karen

Rue said...

That little tatted heart is beautiful!! I just know she loved it :)

xo,
rue

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

That is a stunning heart! How thrilled Laura must be. I love it when you share your work, you are so talented! I think you have a beautiful heart but as you said, our hearts are always a work in progress :)

Thinking of you fondly,
Kathi :)

Donna Lynn said...

That is a beautiful work of art, and so sweet of you to make it for a friend in need.
XO,
Donna Lynn

Flea said...

That's beautiful! Thanks for popping in at my blog and giving me the heads' up about yours!

I'm learning to shuttle tat as a way of trimming dresses. My specialty is smocking, but tatted trim is more and more difficult to find anymore.

I don't want to learn anything fancy. Just a tiny picot trim. So far I can make one ring. :)

Elyse said...

the heart is beautiful, the sentiment is warm, the photo is AWESOME!!!

xo

SY said...

Hi TattingChic,
It's hard to come up with something that someone else hasn't already said but it's a beautiful heart for a beautiful lady and from a lovely friend. God Bless you both.

A Romantic Porch said...

That is so beautiful. I've said it before, but your skill truly amazes me! xorachel

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Farm Chick Paula! I so enjoy your visits. You always say the sweetest things!

Thank you, Laura Ingall Gunn! What a sweet thing to say! Blessings to you, too!

Thank you, Linda! She does appreciate tatting that others do as well as her own.

Awww, thanks Betty! That is a sweet thing to say: "I'm sure Laura will hold it lovingly".

Hi Lorena, I'm so glad you stopped by! Thank YOU for being a sweet bloggy friend!

Hi, Celestina Marie! Thank you! I'm glad you like the color. It is one of my faves of Yarnplayer's HDT's. I'm glad to hear you didn't move. Thank you for the update! Love the way you decorate your yard and home!

Thank you so much, Constance! I'm glad you like the heart and the photograph. I wondered if the long shadows were too harsh for the delicate tatting, but it seems to have brought out a different element to the texture that can't be seen in other light.

Thank you, Karen! I am fortunate to have such a sweet friend to tat for!

Thank you, Sweet Rue!

Well said, Kathi! Yes, we all have a work in progress with our hearts. What a long and hard work it is sometimes, too, isn't it! Tatting is almost as hard, but I think it's actually easier than the work in progress of my actual heart, LOL!

Thank you so much, Donna! I'm so glad you stopped by.

Keep tatting, Flea! I hope to see those simple and pretty little tatted trims on your smocked dresses soon! Do come back to visit often, okay!?

Thank you so much, Elyse! I'm so glad you like the photo!

Sy, what a lovely comment from a lovely tatting blogger friend! Thank you!

Thank you so much, Rachel! Now, we have to get your sweet niece Karla to tat! I hope she still wants to learn! :)