Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Heart In Progress

I am a work in progress (and so is my heart).

We're all a "work in progress", aren't we? We're all learning and growing and hopefully our hearts learn and grow with us in all the experiences life has to offer.

Not only is my heart growing as I go on in life, but I literally have a heart in progress that is growing as I tat it.

Let me show you what I have tatted so far!


~*~

Here it is!
This heart is from Martha Ess'
book of tatted heart patterns called
This particular pattern is a two shuttle pattern.
The second shuttle that I used was this
green ceramic tatting shuttle from
I thought I'd show a close up of it here.
It's so pretty! I think it looks like an abstract work of art!
The next works of art that I'm using to make this heart
are some HDT and a beautiful wood-burned thread winder.
I am using Yarnplayer's HDT (hand dyed thread) called "Pizzazz".
It's crochet cotton size 20. When I ran out of thread on the
second (ceramic) shuttle I went ahead and attached
to the "ball thread" because the rest of the pattern
calls for only chains in the last few rounds.
I wound this beautiful HDT around one of Tattycat's
beautiful thread winders that she made me.
I'm thinking of tatting friends today as I tat this heart.
It's such a pretty pattern I thought I'd show you
another photo of it close up.
My heart in progress:
It's the "Scallop Shell Heart" pattern
on pgs 8-9 of the book that I mentioned above.
~*~
Speaking of tatting friends...
...the girl who tats from "Your Crowning Glory"
has kindly tagged me with a photo tag.
This is the 5th photo from my 5th photo folder:

I took this photo in April of last year.

I actually used the same photo in

an earlier post! It was one of the first posts I had that

had an actual photo in it! LOL!

***

I think I'll tag...

1. Fox from "Tat-ology"

2. Laura from "Laura's Lace"

3. Imoshen from "Two Shuttles"

4. Bonnie from "Bonnie's Tatting Blog"

5. Krystledawne from "Krystledawne Tats"

Here is your mission should you choose to accept it:


The rules are:
1. go to your documents/pictures.
2. go to your 5th file.
3. go to your 5th picture.
4. blog about it.
5. tag 5 people.

If you choose to do it, have fun ladies! :)

~*~

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're having a lovely weekend (what's left of it) and I'm glad you took the time to come on over for a visit! I'd love to hear from you so be sure to leave a comment if you'd like. Comments are always welcome!
Come again, anytime!

~TattingChic

xoxo

P.S. If WIP = Work in Progress, then surely a Heart In Progress is a HIP, right?! Hee Hee! ;)

58 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Judy said...

What a beautiful heart. I so enjoy seeing your little projects. I love our shuttles, very pretty.

tattrldy said...

The heart is gorgeous! You've done a wonderful job tatting it and sharing it with us with all the lovely "tools of the trade" as well.

Fox said...

Hi Tatting Chic,
I loved your post about the hearts, as I have ordered that book and am waiting for the mail this week........I loved your little heart in progress.
But, I'm not much for games - I know, a wet blanket; that would be me - but I am in overload with babyblog and so much else. Forgive me, but I have to pass this time. Fox : ) xxoox

Anonymous said...

Did you see the aqua table?

ooglebloops said...

Love the ceramic shuttle and your heart is beautiful!!(I loved the teapot from a previous post- that was you, wasn't it???):>)

Snap said...

Beautiful heart. Aren't the photo tags fun?!!!

Loved the thread holders ... bet they'd work for embroidery thread,too!

Kathleen Grace said...

I love the heart you are tatting! It must be so inspiring to have such beautiful tools to create with:>)

Unknown said...

Hi Judy, thanks. It's always nice to share my "toys" with my blogging friends!

Thanks, Tattrldy! It is really great to be able to share with all my online buddies!

Hi Fox, not to worry, it's not that big of a deal...you either do the tag or you don't. I mean this in the nicest possible way; but I don't really care one way or the other if you do it or not! LOL! It's cool.

Hi Couture De Papier! All her work is just gorgeous!

LOL! Yes, Ooglebloops, that was me! Actually, lot's of tatters are showing off their tatted teapots right now.

Hi Snap! Yes, sometimes it's fun to be tagged. I got tagged for a 4th folder/4th photo tag once and I turned it down because I'd just been tagged about a jillion times and I was all tagged out! LOL!

Thanks, Kathleen Grace! Ya know, it really does make it funner to tat with these fabulous mini works of art! It's just awesome that I've made friends with the gals who create these things, too!

Anonymous said...

If my heart looked like the one you are tatting I would love to wear it on my HIP!
Judy B

Needledreams said...

The heart looks so pretty! And the table photo looks interesting. Mom has a similar table. :-)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your heart is gorgeous! Love the shuttles too!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This is a wonderful post. It is a great reminder that we are all a WIP. Your heart is coming along beautifully....oh and so is your tatting (o:

Donna said...

Love your heart, both your tatted one and your real one!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I swear tatting is the coolest thing! Not only are the finished projects lovely, but the tools used are beautiful too.

Elyse said...

the heart is beautiful!

i'm so honored to see my treasured blogger award at your blog! so fun!

xo

Unknown said...

LOL! That's a good one, Judy! Love it!

Hi Wally! Your Mom has excellent taste in tables! LOL! ;)

Thanks, Diane! I had a feeling you might like the shuttle! LOL! After all, it was you who "inspired" me to make my first purchase from our dear Lady ShuttleMaker!

Speaking of our dear Lady Shuttlemaker! What a cute thing to say! Thanks!

Awww...thanks, Donna! That is so sweet! I appreciate that.

Hi Cathy! Yes, there are some fabulous tatting tools out there. Actually you could tat with a cardboard shuttle and just wind the HDT up in a simple ball and the rest is up to the skill of the tatter. The tools makes no difference in the beauty of the result. They just make it more fun along the way! :)

Thank you, Elyse! I am honored to have your "Treasured Blogger" award! I LOVE it! Glad you like the heart! :)

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hi TattingChic, Love the heart in that color! Sherry's shuttles are all so cool looking. Someday I'll own one.

Happy Tatting!

Gina said...

One of the things I love about tatting is that everything you use is a piece of someone else. It all has memories in it - the thread someone gave you or recommended for you, the shuttle you won or that someone gave you, the pattern with the story behind it, all those things have touchstones for the heart. I haven't done this particular heart and it's looking very appealing. :-)

Rosemary said...

Such a pretty heart!!
Sorry you missed my giveaway, maybe next time.
Hope you had a great weekend,
Rosemary

Draffin Bears said...

Your tatted heart is really pretty and you must enjoy doing your tatting on those lovely shuttles.

Have a great week
Hugs
Carolyn.

Valerie said...

the colours of your HDT is beautiful. i'm sure the heart will turn out very well.

NeereAnDear said...

I love your posts they are so bubbly... but I love your talent for this amazing art even more...

That heart is beautiful! I am simply in awe of such stunning work...

Thank you for stopping by and your words of support.....Deena is such a lovely person...

LOTS OF HUGS
JO

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh! It's so nice to use beautiful tatting tools. I wish my pencils were as nice, but they're just...wood. Your heart is absolutely stunning! It reminds me of one of those beautiful ladies dancing the can-can, know what I mean? And such a pretty table, too!

Tracy said...

"I am a work in progress (and so is my heart)"...beautifully said, TattingChic! I feel much the same way. :o) But your red heart in progress is so lovely...and so pretty are the green shuttle and butterfly-shaped thread holder too. You have so many great tools for your craft. Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Thelma said...

Such a beautiful heart. And your ceramic shuttle is beautiful! Love those thread holders too. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment you left on my blog.

rochambeau said...

Very nice TC!!
So delicate yet so strong at the same time.
Happy Monday to you!
And happy tatting to you and your readers!
xox
Constance

Barb said...

Hi Ms TattingChic,

I too am a "work in progress". That is the only way to live.

Your tatted heart is lovely (as is the "real deal").

Enjoy your day, don't tat too hard!

love ya,
Barb

Unknown said...

Hi Carol, thanks on the thread color. Doesn't Yarnplayer make lovely HDT's? I hope you get one of Sherry's shuttles, too. They are beautiful! I love that they are functional, too!

Wow, Gina! You must have had a lot of people give you tatting shuttles!!! I've only had 2 given to me in my life and one of them doesn't really count as "giving" because I "won" the yard-sale that Ruth Perry had and all that meant is that she took my bid so I still paid for it, LOL! This particular piece that I am working on is special because all the parts of it pattern-shuttle-thread-book come from people I know online, but I still paid for them, LOL! You must be pretty special to have so much given to you! :)
I hope you do the scallop heart! It's very pretty. It has some split chains and some floating rings and I think that the split chains are the hardest part.

Hi Rosemary! Yes, maybe next time! I love your work.

Hello, Carolyn! I do enjoy using lovely tools for tatting, thank you.

Thanks, Valerie! I appreciate your comment.

Hi Jo! Thanks for stopping by. I always appreciate your sweet comments.

Hi Bella! Well, your pencils get worn down to little pencil stubs, don't they? ;) We couldn't have ornately carved pencils being worn down to stubs, now could we??? The work you do makes up for any beauty lacking in the pencils!

Thank you for your very sweet comment, Tracy! I always appreciate your ((Hugs)) and cheery words! Glad we're bloggy friends!

Hi Thelma! I'm so glad you ventured out for a visit! It's good to "see" you.

Hi Constance! Thank you so much for your very sweet comment! I always appreciate your visits and I look forward to many more from you!
Love,
TattingChic (not TC!)
((Hugs))!!

Thanks, Barb! Love your visits! It's always nice to have you stop by!

meandering pearl said...

we all have the power to make hearts beautiful, you are right!how beautifully ruby red yours is!!! :) dearest wishes,

Kelly said...

Lovely work on your heart.

The Victorian Parlor said...

I really like this project! It looks like little fans forming the the heart:) I also like what you said about our own 'hearts' being a work in progress. I feel that way often as God continues to guide me each day:)

Blessings,

Kim

Krystle said...

hahaaa thanks for tagging me!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

You have a lovely heart!
(And your tatted one is pretty too!)

Tanya said...

I just love that heart! A beautiful thread choice too. I really like your ceramic shuttle.. I am green with envy.. just kidding.. happy it is part of your collection. Keep up the good work and thanks for your recent comments on my blog.
Take care,
Tanya

Unknown said...

Thank you, Meandering Pearl! What a sweet comment.

Thanks, Kelly!

Hi Kim! Thanks for sharing that about your feelings of being a "work in progress", too! Thanks for the compliment on your fan.

Ha ha! You're welcome, Krystle!

Very cute, Becky! Thank you! I used your translation in the previous post's comments! You're a gem!

Hi Tanya! Thanks! I appreciate your visits and comments, too! :)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Yes our hearts are always a work in progress....but your small red tatted heart is coming along beautifully.

Stay Tatting, Carrie

Liyarra said...

Tatting Chic....finally found your page again. Love reading your blog.
BTW - your "Lady" on the right...is she tatting????????????
Cannot see what is in her hand but the hand position looks awfully familiar!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Heart!! You have the coolest shuttles ...you know I am supa jealous now hehe
hugs
shirl

Paula said...

The heart is coming along just beautifully, sweetie!!

The shuttle is really pretty- love the different colors in it!

Linda said...

Beautiful heart and I love all the different tools you have...makes for enjoyable times...hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Thank you, Carrie!

Hi, Liyarra, the lady all in blue that says "TattingChic" is holding a knotting shuttle. The lady from the 1400's wearing a pink dress does have her fingers close to the tatting position, but I see no shuttle, thread, or pattern...it's almost as if she's fidgeting her fingers, LOL! I wondered that, myself!

Hi Shirl! Thanks, I think! I don't want to make anyone jealous, I just like to share...my 3-D friends know nothing about tatting and don't really care to know, LOL!
That's one reason why I LOVE blog-land so much!

Thank you, Farm-chick Paula! Glad you like them both!

Hi Linda! Yes, having fun tools does make for enjoyable times! :)

Mary Ellen said...

Nice work, as usual. I love the Heart In Progress idea!

Stop by and enter my contest if you get a chance.

Margie said...

What a lovely heart you have! (Yours and your tatted one!) I'm constantly amazed at all of the different projects you make!

Have a lovely day!
Margie

Fete et Fleur said...

Beautiful said, and beautiful heart.

Nancy

Nancy G said...

Just have to say I love the Scallop Shell Heart. The color thread you are doing it really sets it off! *smile*

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Wow! There are 2-shuttle patterns? I'm not sure I was ready for that bit of tatting information! In any case, it's lovely!

Thimbleanna said...

Very lovely HIP, Ms. Tatting Chic. I love the pretty deep red thread!

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

OOooooo!! I LOVE the green shuttle. It IS a work of art. And the butterfly, too. Wow! So many pretty things. I can't wait until your heart is done. It's looking beautiful!
Patricia :o)

Susan Elliott said...

ooooohhhh. The thread of that heart is TDF. It's really beautiful...how long does it take you to get that far??

Aim said...

Wow, that is one beautiful tatted heart! And I just love the thread-holder butterfly, and the beautiful green shuttle. Thanks for the gorgeous pics!

Marilee Rockley said...

Beautiful art made with artful supplies!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Such a beautiful heart!

Kate Tracton said...

What a great project, especially as it seems to be making you think of loved ones as you do it.

The thread you're using is GORGEOUS!

Kate

Heather said...

Your heart is absolutely gorgeous... but when isn't anything you tat! Gorgeous tools too.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Sweet Friend, You are a beautiful heart, even if you say it is in progress. I know exactly what you mean.

I love your new HIP pieces. But I love all your creations.

Also the first pic is terrific.
Have a great weekend.
hugs, Celestina Marie

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

You have the makings of a truly beautiful red heart. I look forward to seeing it finished. Hugs Judy

Flea said...

I have a tatting question, of you wouldn't mind answering. How on earth do you close the second ring? I made one ring, joined it at the picot of the first ring the way the videos online tell me to, but can't get that second ring to close. Grr!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Mary Ellen! (for both the comment and the invitation to your giveaway!)

Thank You, Margie! I appreciate your sweet comments!

Thank you, Nancy! You are very sweet and I appreciate that comment.

Thank you, Nancy! I lucked out that the pattern looks okay in the multi-colored thread. Not all patterns are suited for the multi-colored threads, you know!?

LOL! It's okay, Karla! No need to panic! There are plenty of one shuttle patterns out there a 2 shuttle pattern only SOUNDS intimidating! It's still the same old double stitch done over and over and over and over and....
You can do it!!! I have faith in you!

Thanks, Thimbleanna! I always enjoy your visits!

Thank you, Patricia! I'm so glad you like it!

Hi Plays with Needles, gosh I really should keep better track of the length of time on projects because I actually get asked that question a lot! Ummm...I guess... HOURS!? I dunno...I didn't pay attention and I did more unpicking that actual tatting on this piece, LOL! It challenged me for some reason, LOL!

Thank YOU, Aim! Glad you stopped by! I always enjoy sharing my tatting goodies with my bloggy friends like you! It's such a joy to have people who understand the beauty of these little tools and what they make!

Thank you, Yarnplayer! I appreciate all the beautiful HDT's you make AND your lovely comments. Thanks for visiting.

Hi Tinkerverve! Thanks!

Hi Kate, thank you and yes, I am fortunate to have made so many online tatting and blogging friends and to have a piece of them with me as I tat is something special...how can I not think of them!?

Thank you so much, Heather! That is so sweet of you to say!

Celestina Marie, your comment is so touching and sweet. I really appreciate it. So glad you stopped by!

Thank you, Judy! You are a sweetie!

Hi Flea! I don't mind at all. I hope you got my answer on your blog a while back. I hope you do look into those resources I mentioned! (Intatters.com and the Learn to Tat book by Janette Baker available at www.handyhandstatting.com)