Saturday, September 27, 2008

TIAS 4 Day 7

I am slowly catching up on
the current TIAS
as the day progresses.
TIAS=Tat It And See.
Here is my interpretation
of the instructions for
Day 7.
It's tatted around the
element from Day 1.
What is it?
Well, I don't know.
I have to
tat it and see!
;)
Here it is with all
it's TIAS 4 friends.
:)
See?
The 4th TIAS is being hosted
has photos of everyone's
progress who is participating.
Well, that's all for now folks.
I'm going to go get caught up
to day 8 next.
More to come!
~TattingChic
:)

20 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hi TattingChic, I was able to join as a follower today. When I visited your site the other day, there was not a like to click on, but it was there today. Strange! I love reading your posts, they are always interesting and uplifting. Plus I enjoy seeing what you are tatting too. I am getting caught up with the TIAS too. I am ready to do Day 8 tonight. I haven't updated my blog in so long, I will try to do that soon. I'm looking forward to seeing the other leaves you will tat. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Thank you Carol! That just made my day! I'm so glad to have you join the follower list and it's so nice to have you visit anytime! I have my leaves done it's just that it's been such a cloudy day it's hard to get photos taken! Maybe I'll post the leaves tomorrow...who knows! So maybe that means I'll have time to tat somemore! LOL!

Charmingdesigns said...

Your Leaf from before is sooo gorgous!! Do you have to concentrate when you tatt or can you zone out? LOL. Laurie

Ladytats said...

Hi TattinChic,
your TIAS is looking good, I was able to get caught up last night. Good thing, I spent the day scrubbing rust out of the shower and my wrists ache too much to do much tatting tonight.
will have to wear my braces to bed.
Oh Well, tomorrow is another day.
I love your colors, they are very nice.
I will be interested in seeing your day 8.
ladytats

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie, glad you stopped by! To answer your question; it depends! If I am tatting something I've done before and I'm comfortable with the pattern then, yes, I can zone out. If I am tatting a pattern for the first time then, no, I cannot zone out I need to focus. Usually "zoning out" occurs while tatting edgings and very repetitive things like that.

Hi Ladytat! Welcome and thank you for your very nice comment. Your colors are nice, too. I am finally caught up and will post tomorrow. Take care of your wrists! Sorry to hear you have to wear your braces to bed, but it's good you have them. Don't want that "evil" Carpal Tunnel Syndrome to get ya!!! It's the tatter's culprit!

Vicki Chrisman said...

WHATEVER! A blog about tatting? HOW COOL! I saw your comment today on the tatted butterflies on the lapshade, and decided to pop over. I am in awe of people who tat! What an art! I tried to learn it briefly once in my extension club group years ago..but oh my.. it's over my head!
I love butterflies and SO admire tatting.. I was thrilled when I recieved those as a gift. Off again, to look at your work! Very cool!

Umintsuru said...

Hi Tattingchic, I love the colours you chose for your TIAS. I need to catch up with Day 7 and 8 this afternoon.

Unknown said...

Hi Tattingchic, I love the colours you are doing the TIAS in. Since you are enjoying tatting leaves right now keep your eye out for a new pattern from Ruth Perry For a Celtic Maple Leaf. I made one yesterday at the Fringe Element tatting days conference and it is really neat.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Hi TattingChic! I love the colors you're using! Your T.I.A.S. looks terrific! I can't wait to see what this is. I still haven't gotten the hang of block tatting, so in the meantime, I'm just enjoying everyone else's progress!

Unknown said...

Hi Viki C!!! Welcome to my blog! I'm so glad you decided to come visit. THe tatted butterflies you were given are lovely and I LOVE love LOVE how you put them on the lampshade. I think it's fabulous they went to a loving, appreciative home! I hope you visit often! I added you to my google reader. You do some fun scrappin'!

Hi Umintsuru, welcome back! I ran over to check out your TIAS pics and there were none, I guess I'll check back later. :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Hey Clyde, is this the Celtic Maple Leaf of which you speak?

http://rozellalinden.blogspot.com/2008/09/celtic-maple-leaf-adventure-fringe.htmlj

(copy and paste that link in your browser.) I googled it, LOL! I look forward to your pics of what you did this weekend with the fringe tat days on your blog. Where do you think I'll be able to find that pattern, Clyde?
;)

Hi Diane! Thank you for your very kind words about my TIAS tatting, LOL! I won't elaborate here, but suffice it to say, "We are our own worst critic" when it comes to our own tatting! LOL!

Free Art Printables said...

HHHmmmmmm.. what ever it is it's so pretty!

Barb said...

Hi Miss Tatting Chic,

You have been very busy posting and I have been very busy reading. Whoooo.

Thank you so much for the award. What a sweetheart you are. I really appreciate it, you have no idea. Well, maybe you do.

I love all your tat's (that still sounds very wrong-hehe).

Have a beautiful day.

many hugs,
Barb

'RainbowRose' Connie Faulconer said...

Oh WoW Tattingchic!!! Those colors are so awesome!!!! I am rather behind in reading (waiting for grand daughter #2) and making jellies. What colors are these and kind of thread if you don't mind me asking? I LOVE them!!!! Such perfect colors, especially for using shades of pink!
Blessings, Connie

'RainbowRose' Connie Faulconer said...

Tattingchic,,,I have a question,,,I went the pyzam site, even signed up for an account,,,but I still can't get any of the blogger templates to work. How did you get yours to work? I followed everything it said to do, but still just get the same template I previously had. Nothing changes, though it says it saved my changes.
Thanks, Connie

Unknown said...

LOL! Yes, Jen, whatever it is...
:)

Barb, you are still cracking me up! Thanks for stopping by!

Hi Connie, that sounds like yummy times; making jellies! To answer your first questions all the threads are Flora brand size 50. The lighter pink is Color 546; the darker pink is Color 584; and the dark teal is Color 595.
To answer your second question, I do not know how to make it work if it says it saved it and it's not showing up. I saw someone once had a "test blog" and they tried stuff out on that before committing to a template. I think it was Melissa from Honey Bees Bliss. Her link is on my side bar. She may know. She's also SUPER nice! I wish I could be of more help. I honestly have no clue!! I hope you can get it to work.

Lilla Blanka said...

Hi!

I´m amazed when I see these tatting things you do..you are very good at it!

Have a nice evening!
Mia

Cottage Rose said...

Hello there; I love your TIAS. You do amazing work. Love the colors too.

Have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

I'm always amazed at the beauty you create...I love the pinks together, they are beautiful! :)

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

You always amaze me!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Mia. You are very kind! :) Stop by again, soon!

Hi Alaura, welcome to my blog. What a pretty name! Anyway, thanks for your kind comment. :)

Hi Kathi, thanks for being so sweet! Glad you came by to visit.

Hi Ele and thank you! Your so nice! Thanks for visiting!