Thursday, October 9, 2008

TIAS 4 ~ Complete!

Remember the TIAS?
TIAS is the acronym
for Tat It And See.
Online tatters are given a piece of the pattern
each day without knowing what we're tatting.
It has been fun seeing everyone's guesses...
...from pineapples and grapes to beds and houses!
I was stumped, even up to the 11th hour! LOL!
Lady Shuttle Maker hosted
this TIAS and she did a fabulous job of keeping
the mystery alive!
Ready to have the TIAS revealed?
May I have a drumroll please.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....TAH DAH!
It's a LIGHTHOUSE BOOKMARK!!!

Hey? Where'd that sand come from?
...
The BEACH!!!
LOL!

I couldn't take a picture of a
tatted Lighthouse Bookmark
with out the proper backdrop,
now could I?
Look at these cute little
birdie tracks right by where
I took my photo this morning.

Yes, I really ran down to the
beach and snapped these shots
this morning, LOL!
Here's my attempt at
Tatted Lighthouse Bookmark at The Beach
"special effects".
Now, just look at the backdrop
from a clearer point of view.
Ahhhhhh......


Look at that! A beach shot in So. Cal sans surfers!!!
How did that happen?
Toodles!
~TattingChic
;)

~*~

10/11/09 Edited update:
This will count as
Motif #21 for my

26 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Nancy G said...

How lovely!!! I had NO idea that is what it would be! lol

Tatskool said...

Very, very, very, very nice backdrop, I felt as if I was there. Now can you capture the fog horn sound, surely you must get fog!! and what about a night photo with the light on, maybe a movie!!!!

Kathy Raker said...

Hi Tattingchic, very nice bookmark. I never would have guessed a lighthouse. How wonderful to just run down to the beach and take a picture of sand for your backdrop. I can only dream of such a setting. :)
Thanks for thinking of me on your blog giving out awards.

Melissa said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE the special effect shot!!! Just perfect!

Unknown said...

Hi Miss Nancy, I had no idea either. Thanks for visiting.

Thanks, Tatskool, you are always the comedienne.

Hi Kathy. It is nice living this close, that's for sure. I consider myself very fortunate. You are very welcome for the award!

Hey, Melissa, thanks for stopping by. It was fun getting that shot; it was a little breezy! It was blowing all over. I was surprised that I got a still shot without a blur! LOL!

Jessica Rodarte said...

ahhh! a lighthouse!! cute! :) girl, how close do you live to the beach?! wow. lucky duck.

Susanne said...

I am really impressed over your efforts to get a picture of the lighthouse in the proper surroundings, the pictures are very nice in deed. And the lighthouse looks fabulous, what a great idea to get making a lighthouse - I would never have guessed what it was till I saw it online today.
A lovely posting.

Tattycat said...

The bookmark is great and how wonderful to get a shot of it on the beach. You are too much!

Unknown said...

Hi Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! I live close enough to go take a photo in the morning and still get to work on time, LOL!

Hi Dantatter, thank you so much for your very generous comment! I appreciate it.

It was fun, Tattycat! I was inspired by Tatskool's display. Thank you.

Linda said...

What a neat bookmark and I love the fact you are so close to the beach...neat shot...hugs, Linda

Paula said...

Wow girl, you are awesome... I'm ready for my tatting lessons now... how many miles of patience do you have?
(LOL- probably not enough to teach me!!)

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Mahvalous Dahling! Simply MAHVALOUS!

rochambeau said...

Nice lighthouse Tattingchic!
You are a cleaver girl.
And a thoughtful one too.
;-)
xox
Constance

Draffin Bears said...

I love your light house book mark and to have the sand, with birdie footprints, is great.
There is something so fabulous about a lighthouse - I guess that it is the isolation and how useful they are, to guide ships from rocks and land.

Also the beach scene is wonderful.

Hugs
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, thanks for the nice comment. Stop by anytime!

Hi Farm Chick Paula! I would love to teach you to tat. That would be fun.

Hee, hee, thanks, Lady SHuttle Maker! Thanks for making such a fun TIAS!

Hi Constance, thank you for your sweet comment!

Hi Carolyn, aren't lighthouses amazing? So useful and such a great symbol of guidance and safety.

Singtatter said...

Just the very background for the lighthouse! Feel so great to finish it, right!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Singtatter. You're right, it does feel good to finish it. :)

Free Art Printables said...

I would have never guessed that's what it is, but you did a great job because it looks exactly like that!!!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

A lighthouse,was I off the mark.LOL I love the birdie tracks and the beach.I wish i could run down the beach with you.Hugs Marie Antionette

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jen R. Glad you stopped by.

Hi Marie Antoinette. I had no idea what it was until the last day, so don't worry! You are not alone on that! LOL!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, LOL! That is just whack-your-forehead great. Following you on your TIAS has been ever so entertaining. I hope you do it again. And how clever of you to add that backdrop! You are a Photoshop whiz as well. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Bella Sinclair! That is the perfect description! "Whack-your-forehead" great! That is EXACTLY how I felt on the last day! LOL! Thanks for your compliments on my "photoshopping" skill, but, um, I don't have a photoshop program! LOL! It's just cropped. My "special effects" were holding it by a matching string so my thumb wouldn't show and then snapping it quickly when the wind wasn't blowing it all over the place! LOL!

Tatskool said...

Oh I would love to have seen you doing the photographing and the looks on the faces of anyone watching and I know you didn't do it in the dead of night. Chic you are absolutely as daft as I am.

http://tatsakoolchallenge.blogspot.com .
www.melanopa.com/tatting

http://shop.melanopa.com….for HDT

Unknown said...

LOL! I did get some funny looks from a couple of guys, but I honestly didn't care. Besides, I was mostly up by the cars so I really wasn't all that conspicuous. Someone with a camera at the beach really isn't all that odd of a sight at all, LOL!

Betzie said...

I just found your blog by accident...but it's so funny because I just LOVE tatting...I can't do it, but my grandmother did and I have a lot of her old little pieces and runners.
I use it in my art a lot and hunt for it all the time when I go antiquing. How NEAT that you do it and are addicted to it! I love your snowflakes...will be back to visit again. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you, Betzie. I'm so glad you found me. I'd love to see pictures of your Grandmother's work! How fortunate that it went to such an appreciative home.